Class of 2019 - CG Joe Girard III (NY) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE | Page 95 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 CG Joe Girard III (NY) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
The more time that passes, the more I want to land the kid. Really don’t want to lose him to BC. Imagining him and Buddy on the floor at once makes me laugh. Good luck playing D against that duo. JGIII, Carey, and Buddy would be lethal. Insert stretch 4 and wow. Hopefully Akok.

The more time that passes, the more I want to land the kid. Really don’t want to lose him to BC. Imagining him and Buddy on the floor at once makes me laugh. Good luck playing D against that duo. JGIII, Carey, and Buddy would be lethal. Insert stretch 4 and wow. Hopefully Akok.
If Gmac cant close JG...

Are you kidding? Luxury. We have been all over this kid. Please stop making excuses. He is a major priority.
There is literally nothing stupider than making a "no excuses" post. You're better than this.

You've been all over GMAC Non-Stop, and you're drawing artificial lines in the sand. Yes, this is a luxury recruit. I would love to land Girard, but if we don't, we're in solid shape with Goodine. Perspective is a good thing.

Not taking sides but I think we need to land him. Im with you KC on gmac needing to close on recruits, Goodine doesn’t count in my eyes because he wanted to come here since day one and there was no recruiting battle, hence the early commit. Girard is a great shooter and “local”. Shooters are always in need. He has allure and the potential of busloads of fans coming on game day.

Not taking sides but I think we need to land him. Im with you KC on gmac needing to close on recruits, Goodine doesn’t count in my eyes because he wanted to come here since day one and there was no recruiting battle, hence the early commit. Girard is a great shooter and “local”. Shooters are always in need. He has allure and the potential of busloads of fans coming on game day.

So now GMac gets penalized because he identified a guy early before the competition did? You guys are comical the depths you will go to not to give him credit for any of his recruits. Well this guys doesn't count because...

Last edited:
So no GMac gets penalized because he identified a guy early before the competition did? You guys are comical the depths you will go to not to give him credit for any of his recruits. Well this guys doesn't count because...

Yeah, it isn’t agreeing/disagreeing w/ KC at this point.

It’s the repetitive beating of the same drum.

Yeah, we get it. GMac has to close here or he is trash, etc. etc. etc.

Opinion noted. Move on already.

So now GMac gets penalized because he identified a guy early before the competition did? You guys are comical the depths you will go to not to give him credit for any of his recruits. Well this guys doesn't count because...

Next thing it will be Girard doesn’t count because he’s from the burbs.

It's really sad there will be a contingent of fans cheering if GMac leaves the program to coach elsewhere. This the guy who was one of the biggest reasons we have a NC, and brought some of the most memorable moments in BET history. But for some of you he is now stuck on Craig Forth Island. Really sad...

Don’t put words in my mouth.

Are you kidding? Luxury. We have been all over this kid. Please stop making excuses. He is a major priority.

We were the last of the six to offer this kid. Want him, but not going to lose much sleep if we don’t.

He doesn’t seem to be as much a need for Syracuse. Could totally see him at BC Michigan...but God help my reaction if he goes to Notre Lame or Duke.

It's really sad there will be a contingent of fans cheering if GMac leaves the program to coach elsewhere. This the guy who was one of the biggest reasons we have a NC, and brought some of the most memorable moments in BET history. But for some of you he is now stuck on Craig Forth Island. Really sad...
I dont see the connection from being a good player to being a good recruiter. Gmac will always be revered for his contributions as a player. His role today and how he is currently measured is as a coach. He has a very important position at one of the top college basketball schools in the country. To date his success as a recruiter is questionable. I agree that there may be extenuating reasons such as sanctions, JB not retiring...
This year those reasons no longer exist. In addition it is obvious that SU will have playing time available at many positions. Right or wrong Gmac is the SU coach who is mentioned as the lead recruiter for many of our top targets. His ability to convince HS players to attend Syracuse is one area that he is going to be measured by as a coach.

"
Much like Mac McClung’s small-town Gate City, Va. this past winter, Girard’s quiet hometown of Glens Falls figures to be one of the centers of the high school basketball world come the early months of 2019, regardless of where he stands in the recruiting rankings. Girard, the reigning ALL-USA New York Player of the Year is the only player in his state’s storied high school basketball history to amass 3,000 career points, having shattered Lance Stephenson’s mark back in January.

And like another certain celebrated shooter from Glens Falls, Jimmer Fredette, Girard has a sweet stroke from three-point range, averaging 7.8 made three’s a game as part of an unfathomable 50 points per game average.

Also a standout quarterback for the Indians, earlier this summer Girard trimmed his list of college basketball programs down to six: Notre Dame, Boston College, Penn State, Duke, Syracuse and Michigan.

Hey, even The Jimmer himself is impressed with the kid: (video of Jimmer & Joe)."

OK, everyone has had their fun (or had their teeth set on edge, whichever way you want to put it). ANY further discussion of anything other than JGIII will be deleted. And that includes anything related to the pros and cons of any certain recruiter mentioned above.

The board is a huge place. You can start a thread on the main board if you feel the urgent need to question the coaching staff. This is not the place.

Let's be honest here about what we can offer Girard. If we return Carey and Washington continues to develop and becomes a huge asset as a true PG and good shooter then you add Goodine and Buddy that makes for 4 guards with Joe being #5. Before we start talking this as a pass/fail we have to look at the realities here.

He will have to compete for minutes and really prove himself as a defender and ballhandler as well as a consistent shooter. We will have players that do similar things he can do. If he is ok getting his shot more the second year or being at least open to that possibility then that would help. Just need to not look at this like it's SU offering immediate starters minutes here.

Let's be honest here about what we can offer Girard. If we return Carey and Washington continues to develop and becomes a huge asset as a true PG and good shooter then you add Goodine and Buddy that makes for 4 guards with Joe being #5. Before we start talking this as a pass/fail we have to look at the realities here.

He will have to compete for minutes and really prove himself as a defender and ballhandler as well as a consistent shooter. We will have players that do similar things he can do. If he is ok getting his shot more the second year or being at least open to that possibility then that would help. Just need to not look at this like it's SU offering immediate starters minutes here.
Then why are we putting so much effort into him?

remember when we weren't recruiting him and everyone complained? missed your comments in the whitney thread.

Then why are we putting so much effort into him?

Just maybe because of the fact that we no longer have the scholly restrictions and are doing everything to keep building on the roster to maximize depth and future planning. And where is it showing we are putting excessive effort beyond other targets? He is talented and we want him on the team. I really don't get your point. Seems more of an aimless rant than anything. Which is not to say recruiting wasn't frustrating for a few years with several losses that hurt, plus injuries etc. I get there is lingering pain but beyond that it seems you are kind of going around in circles here.

Just maybe because of the fact that we no longer have the scholly restrictions and are doing everything to keep building on the roster to maximize depth and future planning. And where is it showing we are putting excessive effort beyond other targets? He is talented and we want him on the team. I really don't get your point. Seems more of an aimless rant than anything. Which is not to say recruiting wasn't frustrating for a few years with several losses that hurt, plus injuries etc. I get there is lingering pain but beyond that it seems you are kind of going around in circles here.
I agree with your point and yes i have been beating the horse to death.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
colpars13

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom