Class of 2019 - CG Joe Girard III (NY) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE | Page 96 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 CG Joe Girard III (NY) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree with your point and yes i have been beating the horse to death.

Long ago it was beaten. What I don't get is the complaining when they haven't committed anywhere.

It's not like Girard or Akok have said they aren't coming here, yet you can't let it wait.

Are you kidding? Luxury. We have been all over this kid. Please stop making excuses. He is a major priority.

Of course he’s a major priority, offers and talent wise he’s a top 100 recruit from our home state that plays along side multiple other recruits we’ve offered.

Id be willing to contend that a large part of our high prioritizing has to do with who he plays with as well. Plus, how the heck would we know how hard the staffs pushing here?

It’d be unintelligent not to full court press here. He’s teammates with a top 10 prospect we’ve offered along with numerous future prospects. Kill a few birds with one stone.

He’s a luxury, id still argue.

Let's be honest here about what we can offer Girard. If we return Carey and Washington continues to develop and becomes a huge asset as a true PG and good shooter then you add Goodine and Buddy that makes for 4 guards with Joe being #5. Before we start talking this as a pass/fail we have to look at the realities here.

He will have to compete for minutes and really prove himself as a defender and ballhandler as well as a consistent shooter. We will have players that do similar things he can do. If he is ok getting his shot more the second year or being at least open to that possibility then that would help. Just need to not look at this like it's SU offering immediate starters minutes here.

You are underselling him. Kid averages 50/ game. He can play. No question about it. He would undoubtedly be above HW at a very minimum in the pecking order. And I would not discount him being above others as well. I'm sure the staff is preparing for JC to possibly depart after two years. At that point the guard rotation could very conceivably be Goodine, Girard and Buddy. Sure we may not 'need' him his frosh year but by the time he is a soph I would fully expect him to be playing big minutes and be a very key contributor.

Long ago it was beaten. What I don't get is the complaining when they haven't committed anywhere.

It's not like Girard or Akok have said they aren't coming here, yet you can't let it wait.
Its obvious that i dont feel as if Gmac is a top recruiter. I loved him as a player and have heard nothing but great things about him. My point for this year is simple. Our negatives are behind us. The FBI investigation is going to go a very long way towards solving the bag issue. We lead the Nation in attendance. Syracuse is a Global brand. We have a HOFC. We are in the ACC and soon to be on our own Network. We have a ton of playing time available. We almost always have kids leave early and get drafted in the first round. The bottom line is that its time to bring it. Time to cut the excuses and perform. For C sake we are SU!

Its obvious that i dont feel as if Gmac is a top recruiter. I loved him as a player and have heard nothing but great things about him. My point for this year is simple. Our negatives are behind us. The FBI investigation is going to go a very long way towards solving the bag issue. We lead the Nation in attendance. Syracuse is a Global brand. We have a HOFC. We are in the ACC and soon to be on our own Network. We have a ton of playing time available. We almost always have kids leave early and get drafted in the first round. The bottom line is that its time to bring it. Time to cut the excuses and perform. For C sake we are SU!
I think that is happening as we speak

I do not see where you see a ton of PT. I can't see Joe beating out Goodine or Carey to start as a frosh. Buddy with a year in the system, better length for D, and the potential to be a similarly good 3 point threat will not be easy for Joe to move ahead of as the third guard. Personally, I do not see HW being good enough to break that rotation, so I will discount him for now, though you can never tell.

Joe will have to be a very confident young man to believe that he would even get third guard minutes as a frosh.

Now don't get me wrong, I hope we get Joe, and I hope he does turn out good enough to crack the rotation; however, all I am saying is that we do not have much if any guaranteed PT for him.

we have a ton of playing time available at guard? and why doesn't your post apply to the recruits we've already lost out on? some who were at the top of our board when recruiting started?

we have a ton of playing time available at guard? and why doesn't your post apply to the recruits we've already lost out on? some who were at the top of our board when recruiting started?
No, I agree that we dont at guard. Center ,SF and PF for sure. My point on Joe is if he isnt a good fit why is Cuse pushing for him?

No, I agree that we dont at guard. Center ,SF and PF for sure. My point on Joe is if he isnt a good fit why is Cuse pushing for him?
Coaches like depth, instant O off the bench, and starter potential down the road.

Doesn't mean that our agenda is Joe's agenda if he wants to start as a frosh.

Time will tell.

This kid is made for Cuse and the type of scorer we have been lacking. I find it hard to believe there is any coach that wouldn't love to have him.

This kid is made for Cuse and the type of scorer we have been lacking. I find it hard to believe there is any coach that wouldn't love to have him.

Except - he’s not remotely that same type of scorer the second he goes up against high-level talent in the AAU circuit.
Against future D1 opponents, he’s just another guy.

Important note - he’ll be playing against exclusively D1 talent in college.

I’d love to see him in Orange, but I can also see why several of his other options might be much better fits for him.

You are underselling him. Kid averages 50/ game. He can play. No question about it. He would undoubtedly be above HW at a very minimum in the pecking order. And I would not discount him being above others as well. I'm sure the staff is preparing for JC to possibly depart after two years. At that point the guard rotation could very conceivably be Goodine, Girard and Buddy. Sure we may not 'need' him his frosh year but by the time he is a soph I would fully expect him to be playing big minutes and be a very key contributor.

Not to repeat a point already made but when the competition level has gone up his numbers have gone way down. So 50 pts a game is awesome but competition level matters. Also I'm not underselling him. Never did I say he wasn't as good as anyone including HW. My point was that there is competition. And if you think he automatically walks in ahead of a 3rd year HW you are underselling HW just the same. Girard has some questions per what is out there in AAU play. I still want him the kid can ball but let's not just annoint him a sure fire Gerry 2.0 as a frosh just yet.

now you don't want him?
I dont understand. If you read the thread i asked a question that wanted to know why the SU coaches were pursuing Joe so hard if he in fact wasnt considered a good fit.
His answer was that not all of the SU coaches are sold on him
For the record i think he would be a great get for SU.

I dont understand. If you read the thread i asked a question that wanted to know why the SU coaches were pursuing Joe so hard if he in fact wasnt considered a good fit.
His answer was that not all of the SU coaches are sold on him
For the record i think he would be a great get for SU.

you said good to hear, meaning you would agree.

Hopefully he wants to compete. Have to think we’d be in great shape if there wasn’t a logjam at guard. With BC, he can step right into playing time. Here he’s probably number 4 on the food chain. Good problem to have. That’s why he’s a luxury, but one that would be great to have. His ability to shoot can’t be overstated.

If he didn’t want to compete he wouldn’t have put syracuse and duke in his top 6

He had 35ish offers guys. He could’ve put an xavier or creighton, near perrenial tournament teams, where he would likely start immediately. But he chose us and some others.

If he didn’t want to compete he wouldn’t have put syracuse and duke in his top 6

He had 35ish offers guys. He could’ve put an xavier or creighton, near perrenial tournament teams, where he would likely start immediately. But he chose us and some others.

Still think we’re the deepest on his list. Duke will probably be similar after adding more guards, but sounds like Cuse or BC. BC is playing time right away. Not to say he doesn’t wanna compete, but sometimes the playing time just isn’t there.

you said good to hear, meaning you would agree.
I said good to know. Bees do yourself a favor. Read everything twice. Comprehension takes time but i believe you can get there.

I said good to know. Bees do yourself a favor. Read everything twice. Comprehension takes time but i believe you can get there.

Good to hear, good to know. Same thing. What was good about it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cardiac

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom