Class of 2019 - CG Joe Girard III (NY) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE | Page 46 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 CG Joe Girard III (NY) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Girard said at the shootaround before Duke’s game with Louisville, he told Coach K that he is good friends with Albany City Rocks teammate Isaiah Stewart, who also has a scholarship offer from Duke.

“Coach K didn’t know we were as close as we were,” Girard said. “And I played against [Duke standout freshman] Marvin Bagley last summer, and Bagley came over to say hi. He recognized me from the summer. Coach K didn’t realize I knew him until Bagley came over.”

HE'S USING YOU, JOE!
Don't pull a Tucker, Joe. This will be your position at Duke:

68193057-modern-locker-room-in-loft-interior-with-black-cabinets-3d-rendering.jpg

Girard said at the shootaround before Duke’s game with Louisville, he told Coach K that he is good friends with Albany City Rocks teammate Isaiah Stewart, who also has a scholarship offer from Duke.

“Coach K didn’t know we were as close as we were,” Girard said. “And I played against [Duke standout freshman] Marvin Bagley last summer, and Bagley came over to say hi. He recognized me from the summer. Coach K didn’t realize I knew him until Bagley came over.”

HE'S USING YOU, JOE!
Look at JGIII name dropping.

HE'S USING YOU, JOE!
Jimmy. It's time to rub K out. It doesn't matter that he is your friend. As Michael Corleone said, "it's just business."

If we get him I imagine it’s for 4 years. Duke will recruit over him

Kid seems like such a better fit at ND, Michigan or Villanova compared to us, but I'm still all in on him and Bertram. Can't wait for the day to come again that we have 1 let alone 2 big time shooters on the court. Hopefully Buddy can be 1 in a couple years and 1 of these guys is next to him.

Kid seems like such a better fit at ND, Michigan or Villanova compared to us, but I'm still all in on him and Bertram. Can't wait for the day to come again that we have 1 let alone 2 big time shooters on the court. Hopefully Buddy can be 1 in a couple years and 1 of these guys is next to him.

1 let alone 2 big time shooters?

We had 3 just last year.
You make it seem like it’s been decades or something.

I heard Coach K killed it with his sales pitch towards Joe. They definitely have some juice.

I heard Coach K killed it with his sales pitch towards Joe. They definitely have some juice.
No doubt. Not too many schools can claim recruiting wins vs Duke. We have two things going for us vs all the other schools. One is the opportunity for a lot of playing time with the least amount of chance of getting recruited over and the second would be the proximity to home. Besides that, between Duke, Notre Dame, Michigan and possibly Villanova, we have very little chance.

Girard is in SU's backyard and we didn't offer for the longest time. I don't see him as a priority recruit. Like it or not, Boeheim recruits and values length in his defense. Girard does not fit that profile. Shouldn't be hard to find another outstanding guard in the '19 class to go along with Brycen G.

Girard is in SU's backyard and we didn't offer for the longest time. I don't see him as a priority recruit. Like it or not, Boeheim recruits and values length in his defense. Girard does not fit that profile. Shouldn't be hard to find another outstanding guard in the '19 class to go along with Brycen G.
I agree except for your last sentence.

No excuse to not get the top guys coming out of NY every year, and even if the rankings say Girard isn't on of the top dogs in NY, we need to be able to get guys like this. Hate to see them go else where

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom