Class of 2019 - CG Joe Girard III (NY) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE | Page 136 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 CG Joe Girard III (NY) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
This years team has more talent.

But you add Guerrier and Stewart to the guys already have committed. Then add them to a roster of Carey, Buddy, Hughes, Braswell, Marek and Sidibe? Wow.
It wouldn't be the talent, but the construction. It's very Warriors-esque.
College Zack Randolph surrounded by shooters.

Q8DA6dR.jpg

I'm not concerned about shooting or toughness with JG3 and if he is going to continue to improve with better competition I think he could be valuable in year 3 and 4. He really needs to improve his ball handling. That is the main thing I think he needs to work on. He seems like a really hard working kid so that is certainly possible. It is hard for me to project because I can't think of a kid like him we have had. GMac is a much better ball handler so it's hard for me to compare them. Who is another 6'1" off guard we have recruited that has come here.
You are comparing the ball handling of a kid still entering senior year HS to Gmac when, because he was not noted for his handle in HS.

So something about Gmac. Gerry played in the same league as my school so we played them every year. Gerry had a decent handle in HS but not all that different from JG3 and he would often not bring the ball up the court playing off the ball for long stretches. Gerry was extremely quick to attack and to get his shot off which played a big role in somewhat off setting a fairly pedestrian handle. I would say his handle was slightly better than JG3s at the same time but not a huge difference. Take this from someone who saw probably 60 of GMacs games in HS as we used to go watch him given the excitement of that kind of player in little ole NEPA.

Yes...it was a pretty similar following and reaction IMHO. GMac was a bit higher rated recruit (we'll see how JG3 does this season and maybe climb into the 4/5 star zone) but both were high scorers who took their high school to great athletic heights. Both players had the whole community behind them. I expect to see a lot of new fans in the Glen Falls area. Maybe the difference now is the Internet and media push is much bigger now.

I recall dasher having the info and hinting something good was coming, and everyone trying to get it out of him.

This board went nuts when GMac committed.

Did JG Jr. really say this about Rutgers. Oh my!!!
"He's been recruited since the eighth grade," Girard, Jr. said. "We've been to all the schools. We uncovered every rock. We would dissect things. It was a tough decision. I mean, how do you say no to Oklahoma and Rutgers? Those are dream schools. I told him, go with your gut."

Girard III makes his pick

"He's been recruited since the eighth grade," Girard, Jr. said. "We've been to all the schools. We uncovered every rock. We would dissect things. It was a tough decision. I mean, how do you say no to Oklahoma and Rutgers? Those are dream schools. I told him, go with your gut."

Nightmares.

Girard

Haven't seen too much of the kid (but obviously very happy we got him)...

Seems like he's a shooter, can anyone tell me 1) can he catch and shoot well (did he play off ball enough to get reps doing this), 2) can he shoot off the dribble well and 3) can he knock down shots coming off screens?

I'm not hung up on his position, I think they're basically outdated. Just want to see how versatile his shooting was against high level competition and what we can expect when he gets here.

Girard III makes his pick

Well, here's one way to say no to Rutgers:

Haven't seen too much of the kid (but obviously very happy we got him)...

Seems like he's a shooter, can anyone tell me 1) can he catch and shoot well (did he play off ball enough to get reps doing this), 2) can he shoot off the dribble well and 3) can he knock down shots coming off screens?

I'm not hung up on his position, I think they're basically outdated. Just want to see how versatile his shooting was against high level competition and what we can expect when he gets here.
I would say shooting (no matter what scenario) is the only thing we don’t have to question about his game.

" You are, what your record says you are"! - Bill Parcells

I don't care if it's Igor's Tavern League, your local CYO, semi-pro in Oshkosh, Wisconsin, or Wilt in the NBA.
You AVERAGE 50 pts a game, then you're bringing something to the table. If every great coach in cbb from K, JB, Bielein, et al... were ready to sign this kid, then who the hell am I to question THAT record?
Welcome aboard, JGIIII!
LG friken' O

There was no hype when Flynn was signed. He was seen as an afterthought to Paul Harris. There was a lot of hype about him after his brilliant Co-MVP McDonald,s performance complete with baseline drives ending with tomahawk dunks, and feeds to Green etc.

Yes. Harris’s hype trumps anything I remember over the past 15 years or so. The guy also had the NBA body which was a welcomed sight. I remember getting other friends who were fans/alums of other programs excited by sending them clips of his BallisLife high schoo vids.

Just arrived in Kyoto Japan. Read about his commitment while on the Bullet Train. Well done. It’s nice to win one. Not many SU hats here
What are you doing half way around the world during football season! Shameful!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom