Class of 2019 - CG Joe Girard III (NY) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE | Page 137 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 CG Joe Girard III (NY) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never thought we'd get him.

Thought here's another Dookie commit.

Love to beat Duke, Notre Dame, and Michigan for a top recruit and anyone who says Joe isn't a big time recruit is peeing down somebody's back and telling them it's raining.

Small school, big school, whatever school, any kid, in this case, a 6' 2” guard who can average, as a junior, 50 points a game for a season and over 3300 going into his senior year is pretty amazing. Three time NYS player of the year and NY State Gatorade Player of the year.

Now we have to concentrate on Stewart his EYBL teammate which JB is doing after Stewart officially visited us this weekend.

Good for us & GOSU! :)
I am fondly remembering in some of Stewart's highlight videos how much fun he and JGIII appeared to be having in practice and games. Everybody talks about JGIII's shooting ability but he can drop dimes also. Big guys like playing with guards that can/will drop them a dime.

This is fantastic news - we really needed to have one fall our way - now let's start focusing on convincing Chuckwu to file for another year. I totally understand the reasons why he may not want to do this and will support any decision he makes but it would be a hell of a cornerstone to build next years team around. I am not discounting Sidibe but could you imagine him at power forward with Dolezaj at small forward? Let's not take our foot off the gas pedal as we reclaim our position in college basketball and let the ACC know we are here for real.

There is an increasing value of playing major ball, fb or hoops closer to home. More value on family and the lifelong hometown program. Being in Albany, that's always been cuse, but there was a time for over a decade it was sexier to play away from home. In a weird way it meant that you "made" it more the msg of staying home. Glad kids are seeing the big time and the value of staying close to home and having the same shot at the league as if you went to tobacco road.

I live in Albany and am a hs coach that has competed against him and he is the real deal and i think might be even better than jimmer at creating his own shot. Yes, gmac strikes here. Go Cuse!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom