Class of 2019 - CG Joe Girard III (NY) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE | Page 144 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 CG Joe Girard III (NY) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s not going to be doubled or tripled when he gets to the Hill. He’s a confident shotmaker, and more physical than GMac. There are some parallels. My only worry is that he and Buddy overlap, and Buddy has a year plus legacy over JG3.

He shot 40% in the EBYL and worse then that in the Peach Jam. He might be a very good college player but I don’t see anything wrong in pointing out he has major success against mediocre talent during the HS season. That being said he has been an absolute savage for his high school team.

40% is good what am I missing?

From the field 40 overall 36% from 3. Doesn’t scream lights out shooter to me. Isiah Stewart, Mika Adams Woods, and Symir Torrance were all on City Rocks. I watched a few of their games, Girard was absolutely NOT being doubled. He struggled to creat his own shot. AGAIN I think he might end up being a good player but it is reasonable to question how soon based on the competition he has played against most of his life. Of course there exceptions to this and I hope he is one. To act like he is way better than Buddy is ridiculous though.

From the field 40 overall 36% from 3. Doesn’t scream lights out shooter to me. Isiah Stewart, Mika Adams Woods, and Symir Torrance were all on City Rocks. I watched a few of their games, Girard was absolutely NOT being doubled. He struggled to creat his own shot. AGAIN I think he might end up being a good player but it is reasonable to question how soon based on the competition he has played against most of his life. Of course there exceptions to this and I hope he is one. To act like he is way better than Buddy is ridiculous though.

He shot better with the City Rocks the summer of 2017.

Girard can create shots for himself to a degree, I’ve seen it. Has a pretty good btw the legs step back. I’ve seen him doubled and sometimes tripled and bury 3s, saw him do it as a freshman (or sophomore forget which) in a section championship game against Hudson. That game review is in this thread somewhere. But at Syracuse he doesn’t need to create his own shot nor will he be expected to. He’ll flourish with a PG and SF who can create. He’ll be the perfect compliment to this for kick outs and open threes. As well as moving off ball and coming off screens. Which he can absolutely do; come off a screen catch and shoot. Super quick trigger.

Gerry wasn’t a create his own shot player either, he flourished with Edelin and Pace and then Devo. If players gave Gerry an inch though he’d shoot it and same with Girard. Triche and Scoop didn’t exactly create their own shots either but both would get open looks.

Regarding Buddy, other than being shooters he’s a completely different player than Buddy. Night and day different. Buddy is a stand still catch and shoot kid, Girard is not. Buddy also doesn’t handle and never carried teams scoring 50 night after night. And totally different athleticism.

Last edited:
Girard can create shots for himself to a degree, I’ve seen it. Has a pretty good btw the legs step back. I’ve seen him doubled and sometimes tripled and bury 3s, saw him do it as a freshman (or sophomore forget which) in a section championship game against Hudson. That game review is in this thread somewhere. But at Syracuse he doesn’t need to create his own shot nor will he be expected to. He’ll flourish with a PG and SF who can create. He’ll be the perfect compliment to this for kick outs and open threes. As well as moving off ball and coming off screens. Which he can absolutely do; come off a screen catch and shoot. Super quick trigger.

Gerry wasn’t a create his own shot player either, he flourished with Edelin and Pace and then Devo. If players gave Gerry an inch though he’d shoot it and same with Girard. Triche and Scoop didn’t exactly create their own shots either but both would get open looks.

Regarding Buddy, other than being shooters he’s a completely different player than Buddy. Night and day different. Buddy is a stand still catch and shoot kid, Girard is not. Buddy also doesn’t handle and never carried teams scoring 50 night after night. And totally different athleticism.
He can create for himself in that league and beat defenses because they are terrible and hes the best player on the court every night. That’s where it ends. Against better competition he’s a different player.
Gerry is Gerry , he hit more huge shots than anyone in the last 20 years. Id take a poor mans Gerry from Girard.
Scoop had better handle and could captain a team and brandon was very athletic and could drive and shoot to go along with being a defensive force. Girard is none of that . In the future he will probably have to play some pg at Syracuse.

Buddy also played in the NEPSAC which is one of the top prep leagues in the country. I'm sure he'd do similar if he stayed in Syracuse.

Yeah my play was widely spoken of as offensive and concerning

You were an offensive weapon, I guess.
Perhaps your defense was defensible?
If not, I hope you rode the pine like a boss. (Sorry, that sounds a little risqué!)

Silly people. Joe Girard, III sprang into a thunderous reverse dunk from the very loins of the Basketball Dieties! He should be enshrined in the Basketball Hall of Fame immediately! There, Kobe Bryant, Michael and Larry, Lebron and Steph can walk around his statue and whisper in hushed reverence.

Show quoted text

He can create for himself in that league and beat defenses because they are terrible and hes the best player on the court every night. That’s where it ends. Against better competition he’s a different player.
Gerry is Gerry , he hit more huge shots than anyone in the last 20 years. Id take a poor mans Gerry from Girard.
Scoop had better handle and could captain a team and brandon was very athletic and could drive and shoot to go along with being a defensive force. Girard is none of that . In the future he will probably have to play some pg at Syracuse.

Pretty much disagree with everything you said. But whatever, I’m not predicting his future at Syracuse or how well he’ll do. He certainly won’t need to create with Cary and Goodine here.

By the way, there’s a million shtty leagues in the country, I don’t see a lot of kids average as many as he does, but’s it’s the three point shooting that will help us. Battle could average 40 in this league to but they’d all be layups. So much hang wringing that we didn’t recruit Fredette, so now we have a kid who’s scored a heck of a lot more than Fredette at the same school and people bag on him.

Last edited:
Pretty much disagree with everything you said. But whatever, I’m not predicting his future at Syracuse or how well he’ll do. He certainly won’t need to create with Cary and Goodine here.

By the way, there’s a million sht leagues in the country, I don’t see a lot of kids average as many as he does, but’s it’s the three point shooting that will help us. Battle could average 40 in this league to but they’d all be layups. So much hang wringing that we didn’t recruit Fredette, so now we have a kid who’s scored a heck of a lot more than Fredette at the same school and people bag on him.
Yeah we’re not on the same page. He does shoot a lot in games it would be interesting to see the comparison with him and jimmer on shots per game in high school and other stats.

Yeah we’re not on the same page. He does shoot a lot in games it would be interesting to see the comparison with him and jimmer on shots per game in high school and other stats.

Jimmer was known as a gunner. He never passed the ball.

By the way, Fredette lost a Class A State Championship game to Mookie Jones. I don’t think they broke 50 points. Was a studs for the Rocks though.

Jimmer was known as a gunner. He never passed the ball.

By the way, Fredette lost a Class A State Championship game to Mookie Jones. I don’t think they broke 50 points. Was a studs for the Rocks though.
So is Joe . If he can have the same career as Jimmer I’d be extremely impressed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom