Class of 2019 - CG Joe Girard III (NY) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE | Page 146 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 CG Joe Girard III (NY) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
So much for the should of could of he’s good he’s not that good he plays we competition is too short Etc.

He’s an Orange man oops Orangeperson now so let’s all hope he’s the second coming!

The more I read about this kid the more I like him. He plays on the old school snow covered driveway court. I spent a million hours in my youth shooting in my driveway. Shovel, shoot, defrost the hands, wash, rinse repeat.

merlin_148299171_555bc6be-cc7f-4d3c-a61c-d701e02cfe00-jumbo.jpg

58 last night i see.
Saw the 58 point in OT game vs. Schuylerville, who I think was 3-4 or something coming in.
Joe did not really stand out in warm ups and G Falls seemed to take Schuylerville, Lightly.
Joe touches the ball pretty much every possession, as team mates give him the ball before crossing half court on most possesions. He could pretty much get to the basket at will, with a driving start, at this level he plays at; this will not happen with any where the consistancey it was availabe here, in college. His team as you would imagine was very much focused around him and their offense literally, starts with him, always. When they needed points he got them. I could see him being a go to guy in crucial situations at the next level. He needs to balance a smarter passing game with his shooting game. His ball handling was ok, but he had several forced errant passes leading to turn overs and easy scores at the other end. When the game got close Schuylerville hit multiple 3's and Joe matched them or got to the basket/line, but seemed to try to do too much at times. If this game was an indicator of his defense, it needs work. He was not consistent closing out and his man caught him off gaurd with drives to the hoop on multiple occasions. It was not exactly what I expected to see on that end. When I read he actually had 58 the next day, I was a bit surprised. When I reflected, it made sense. He is a volume shooter who gets to the hoop or the line. He consistantly finnished, usualy with lay ups. I think he only missed one FT all night out of 13, I believe. He Takes a lot of 3's and has a very nice stroke, does not have a conscience about shot selection, which leads to many off balanced and/or ill advised shots and is likely responsible for lowering his 3 pt %, considerably. He is a great athlete and scorer that will need to mature his overall game with shot selection and smarter passing to be the player I believe he can be at the next level. There is no doubt he will get there as his will and determination to win and be succesful are the most obvious positive chararistics I observed. On what seemed to be an off night he willed his team into position to win and scored 58 points. His cousin who was about 5'6" actually hit the biggest 3 pt shot at the end of the game and had 3 3's in the game mostly late. I look forward to watching him grow as a player and feel he will be a great one once adjusted to the college game and his role at SU.

Saw the 58 point in OT game vs. Schuylerville, who I think was 3-4 or something coming in.
Joe did not really stand out in warm ups and G Falls seemed to take Schuylerville, Lightly.
Joe touches the ball pretty much every possession, as team mates give him the ball before crossing half court on most possesions. He could pretty much get to the basket at will, with a driving start, at this level he plays at; this will not happen with any where the consistancey it was availabe here, in college. His team as you would imagine was very much focused around him and their offense literally, starts with him, always. When they needed points he got them. I could see him being a go to guy in crucial situations at the next level. He needs to balance a smarter passing game with his shooting game. His ball handling was ok, but he had several forced errant passes leading to turn overs and easy scores at the other end. When the game got close Schuylerville hit multiple 3's and Joe matched them or got to the basket/line, but seemed to try to do too much at times. If this game was an indicator of his defense, it needs work. He was not consistent closing out and his man caught him off gaurd with drives to the hoop on multiple occasions. It was not exactly what I expected to see on that end. When I read he actually had 58 the next day, I was a bit surprised. When I reflected, it made sense. He is a volume shooter who gets to the hoop or the line. He consistantly finnished, usualy with lay ups. I think he only missed one FT all night out of 13, I believe. He Takes a lot of 3's and has a very nice stroke, does not have a conscience about shot selection, which leads to many off balanced and/or ill advised shots and is likely responsible for lowering his 3 pt %, considerably. He is a great athlete and scorer that will need to mature his overall game with shot selection and smarter passing to be the player I believe he can be at the next level. There is no doubt he will get there as his will and determination to win and be succesful are the most obvious positive chararistics I observed. On what seemed to be an off night he willed his team into position to win and scored 58 points. His cousin who was about 5'6" actually hit the biggest 3 pt shot at the end of the game and had 3 3's in the game mostly late. I look forward to watching him grow as a player and feel he will be a great one once adjusted to the college game and his role at SU.
He’s definitely a high volume shooter , he probably takes 30-50 shots every game. If he can average 6 -8 points a game his freshman year at Syracuse then ill be happy .

He made 6 3s that night and 14 2pts. thats 20 makes, so if he shot 40 times thats a pretty good %, if he shot 14x20 and 6 for 20 thats still a pretty good number for that volume of shots.

He made 6 3s that night and 14 2pts. thats 20 makes, so if he shot 40 times thats a pretty good %, if he shot 14x20 and 6 for 20 thats still a pretty good number for that volume of shots.
He could of shot 60 times we don’t know. Theres no box scores anywhere that I can find online.

HS games are only 32 min, i think OT is 5? his teammates made 14 shots, the other team made 30. so thats 60 made shots in roughly 40 min. assuming a decent chunk missed if he made 20 and missed 40 thats at least 3-4 shots per min if no one else missed any.. if everyone else shot 50% and he shot 60 thats 140ish shots.

I dont doubt he shot 40 times and got fouled 7-8 times

HS games are only 32 min, i think OT is 5? his teammates made 14 shots, the other team made 30. so thats 60 made shots in roughly 40 min. assuming a decent chunk missed if he made 20 and missed 40 thats at least 3-4 shots per min if no one else missed any.. if everyone else shot 50% and he shot 60 thats 140ish shots.

OT is 4 minutes. At least in NYS. Just FYI.

I do not know other percentages but he is 90% on the line, and gets to the line often.

There is a video on the Orange State of Mind facebook page from last night that shows a great move but it wouldn't allow me to post it here.

I guess he didn't play the last four minutes. So 53 points in 28 minutes. We know first hand that some teams don't average that.

Yeah...speaking of which, did they have to lower the score for the free taco again? ;) What is it now?

The more I read about this kid the more I like him. He plays on the old school snow covered driveway court. I spent a million hours in my youth shooting in my driveway. Shovel, shoot, defrost the hands, wash, rinse repeat.

merlin_148299171_555bc6be-cc7f-4d3c-a61c-d701e02cfe00-jumbo.jpg

We sound similar in that regard, brother! I remember going out and shoveling after watching Cuse games on TV because I was pumped(or often with no outside motivation required, really). I could make 3's with my thick gloves on. I may not have quite been Billy Owens nailing them on 30 mph wind or whatever Boheim said, but yes I also even adjusted for the wind. Writing this post has reminded me how much I miss doing that...it was such a part of my youth...and I didnt need anyone else to play with to be out there shooting for hours.

This kid has HEART, probably head, and maybe even LEGEND written all over him. I really hope Boeheim integrates the offense into a machine next season(closer resembling how it was in our days of shoveling the court than how it's been lately), and I think this kid can play a decent role as a freshman. I'm so glad that Duke didn't pluck him, but also glad they asked. It's like the underdog kid turning down a hot chick in high school. Duke is the new Georgetown to me, and who I wish more posters would pay attention to than their fetish with getting the bone from UConn. Hopefully JG3 isn't done disappointing those privileged Duke fans(in airports nationwide, I think I see Duke shirts far more than any others...and I dont think it's totally just me noticing them more, even if that plays a part)...hopefully this kid is one of the puzzle pieces we need to finally knock them off the pedestal before JB retires.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors