Class of 2023 - CG Mike Williams (MD) Offered | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 CG Mike Williams (MD) Offered

Have to wonder if the staff would want Williams/Gertrude/Mintz as their backcourt next year, with Reid a secondary option (which is what he should have been all along IMO).
Well, we didn't make Gertrude's top 5. We also didn't make Jackson's top 11. And once again, I disagree about Reid. I wish we could have nailed this one down. So do our coaches by the way.

Well, we didn't make Gertrude's top 5. We also didn't make Jackson's top 11. And once again, I disagree about Reid. I wish we could have nailed this one down. So do our coaches by the way.
Judging from our (lack of) success and the lack of high-end talent on our roster the last 8 years, I'm not sure I am copacetic with the way our coaches evaluate talent.

Oh. I think they know talent more than guys posting on a internet message board.

I don’t think anybody doubts JB & staff’s ability to ‘know’ talent.

Or if they do, then they’re ignorant and/or have a axe (not Brent) to grind.

Landing talent, especially in this day and age -
seems to be another story.
(sigh)

Anyone have a comparison to another player for how this kid plays - college or NBA?

It looks like we can’t be choosy anymore. We use to recruit McDonald All Americans and now trying to get three stars.

It looks like we can’t be choosy anymore. We use to recruit McDonald All Americans and now trying to get three stars.
Such a weak comment. Look at our class from last year. And Benny the year before. Recruiting the 2023 class was always going to be a challenge the year after you brought in 6 new players. And we are still in the mix for some good talent.
Plus some three stars end up panning out nicely, as we know.

Such a weak comment. Look at our class from last year. And Benny the year before. Recruiting the 2023 class was always going to be a challenge the year after you brought in 6 new players. And we are still in the mix for some good talent.
Plus some three stars end up panning out nicely, as we know.
We’re in the mix for players that will not move us up in the ACC. We are currently projected to finish 10th in the ACC this year. We’re not moving up with the talent we’re recruiting. Our class from last year is good, but not anywhere close to being great. We’ve lost everyone of our most recruited players (PJ, Elmarko, and Reid). They we’re the three we focused our recruiting on and we’re losing all three of them. Just “good” will not get us back to the top 25.

uhhh this kid is a really solid player. And he's a top 100, rising, 4 star. I bet he ends top 80 before it's all said and done. We've backed off higher rated guys in favor of him.
I disagree. We didn’t back off players. We lost players and are now scrambling to find someone else.

We’re in the mix for players that will not move us up in the ACC. We are currently projected to finish 10th in the ACC this year. We’re not moving up with the talent we’re recruiting. Our class from last year is good, but not anywhere close to being great. We’ve lost everyone of our most recruited players (PJ, Elmarko, and Reid). They we’re the three we focused our recruiting on and we’re losing all three of them. Just “good” will not get us back to the top 25.

Did you know that Williams outplayed Elmarko in a game this summer?

uhhh this kid is a really solid player. And he's a top 100, rising, 4 star. I bet he ends top 80 before it's all said and done. We've backed off higher rated guys in favor of him.
There can be something to be said about landing a talented guy putting it together (meaning he has continued to work on his game) vs some guys who are also talented but (may) have coasted a bit due to being so superior in the younger years.

There can be something to be said about landing a talented guy putting it together (meaning he has continued to work on his game) vs some guys who are also talented but (may) have coasted a bit due to being so superior in the younger years.
The top players don’t coast. Their goal is getting into the NBA. They don’t coast when they are getting close. It’s unbelievable how this fan base keeps making excuses when we lose out on everyone of our top recruits. Despite a decent class last year, we still did not come close to what they originally set out to get.

The top players don’t coast. Their goal is getting into the NBA. They don’t coast when they are getting close. It’s unbelievable how this fan base keeps making excuses when we lose out on everyone of our top recruits. Despite a decent class last year, we still did not come close to what they originally set out to get.
That's the best of the best. Take Pearl. He never improved his shot, because he never had to in high school or college.
Go to any high school and see the best athletes. Many off them never work on their weaknesses, because they don't need to do so to continue their success at that level.
Not everyone high schooler is driven to be great as an adult. There are lots of McD AA who don't pan out in HS or pros.
The ones that are great early, and continue to work to get better, are the all timers.

Mike Williams is visiting Clemson right now. Anyone know what's going on with this recruitment? Looks like he knows Judah.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom