Class of 2023 - CG Mike Williams (MD) Offered | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 CG Mike Williams (MD) Offered

I'm assuming that something to the effect of the NIL deal is signed with restrictions of a geographical nature such that you can play basketball within the confines of the primary market my company/collective represents is "xx miles within xxxxx". Thus its not a legal requirement to play for said program you could play for a CC or lesser school.. etc

He was just at Wake...
His parents were geared up there too.

Don’t worry we have a five star coming to us each year thanks to AW, I wonder who we will target

I don't think they can leave with the stuff, unless the rule has changed

Has anyone got any intel on Mike Williams? I really hope we’re in the lead to land him. The Reid Ducharme debacle has left us in a bad spot.

I believe he still is taking an OV to LSU right? My sense is that Syracuse and Clemson are the two "leaders," but obviously 2023 hasn't been kind to the Orange so far.

I believe he still is taking an OV to LSU right? My sense is that Syracuse and Clemson are the two "leaders," but obviously 2023 hasn't been kind to the Orange so far.

Is LSU still in the “strong-ass offer” business?

Because if they are ($€¢ = Ye$) then it’s unlikely we try to compete with that.

And nothing against MW, but -
he’s not a $1M man like our favorite local scrap metal mogul is looking for.

Is LSU still in the “strong-ass offer” business?

Because if they are ($€¢ = Ye$) then it’s unlikely we try to compete with that.

And nothing against MW, but -
he’s not a $1M man like our favorite local scrap metal mogul is looking for.

Not only that, but we've got quality guards in the program. MW would be a nice add, for sure, but he isn't critical path -- not with Mintz, Copeland, Symir, and Taylor on the roster next season.

Not only that, but we've got quality guards in the program. MW would be a nice add, for sure, but he isn't critical path -- not with Mintz, Copeland, Symir, and Taylor on the roster next season.
That's exactly why I want MW. We need someone willing to learn for a year and be a backup. Transfers don't want that. And if we're offering a starting position to a portal guard, it's because our guards transferred out. Best case scenario would be we keep our 2022 guards and add a 2023 guard behind them. If we didn't have 2022 guards who I'm real high on I'd be all for the portal route.

That's exactly why I want MW. We need someone willing to learn for a year and be a backup. Transfers don't want that. And if we're offering a starting position to a portal guard, it's because our guards transferred out. Best case scenario would be we keep our 2022 guards and add a 2023 guard behind them. If we didn't have 2022 guards who I'm real high on I'd be all for the portal route.

I hope we land him, because he's a high upside athlete who would be a good system fit for us. He's also a guy who I think eventually will prove to be better than where he's currently ranked.

But getting a depth / bench guy who is "...willing to learn for a year and be a backup" does not equate to someone that should receive big money via an NIL deal.

I hope we land him, because he's a high upside athlete who would be a good system fit for us. He's also a guy who I think eventually will prove to be better than where he's currently ranked.

But getting a depth / bench guy who is "...willing to learn for a year and be a backup" does not equate to someone that should receive big money via an NIL deal.
Oh, I never meant to indicate Adam should pay MW. That should be reserved for Top 10 players / future NBA all-stars. I think MW can be landed with the collective and knowledge that he'll have opportunities to make some money like Joe or Buddy etc.

Symir is not guaranteed to be back next year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KD95

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom