Class of 2023 - CG Mike Williams (MD) Offered | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 CG Mike Williams (MD) Offered

Seems like this is heading towards a Cuse v. Clemson showdown to get the commitment. He really liked his Clemson OV. He's visiting Cuse this weekend. They need to crush it because he'll probably leave knowing what he wants to do.

That's the best of the best. Take Pearl. He never improved his shot, because he never had to in high school or college.
Go to any high school and see the best athletes. Many off them never work on their weaknesses, because they don't need to do so to continue their success at that level.
Not everyone high schooler is driven to be great as an adult. There are lots of McD AA who don't pan out in HS or pros.
The ones that are great early, and continue to work to get better, are the all timers.
So much goes into what defines a finished product. Talent, work ethic, intelligence, heart. Maybe you know something about Pearl's practice habits that I don't. I strongly feel that some players have the natural gifts as a shooter like Pearls gifts as a ball handler.

We only really got involved this summer, and all the insiders have been quiet about this recruitment. We really blew it with Reid, who we’d spent a year-plus recruiting. This kid could be an excellent bounce back. I just hope we didn’t get involved too late in the process.

We only really got involved this summer, and all the insiders have been quiet about this recruitment. We really blew it with Reid, who we’d spent a year-plus recruiting. This kid could be an excellent bounce back. I just hope we didn’t get involved too late in the process.
If we can escape this recruiting year with Mike Williams and Drew Fielder, and perhaps William Patterson as a project, that would be great.

1663375990872.png

I agree, we do that all the time. We cater to them for a long time and then they bail on us.

Last edited:
I think there's a very good chance Symir plays a 5th year for his hometown team. I really hope the staff keeps Quadir happy - would hate to see him transfer.
You have to give any player some playing time in order for him to be happy and stay.

If we can escape this recruiting year with Mike Williams and Drew Fielder, and perhaps William Patterson as a project, that would be great.
Agreed. That would be a much better class than the ratings* would lead you to believe. Mike and Drew are both very underrated right now.

Mike Williams said a lot of the things we hear from recruits on each visit...
- system fits the way I play (Coach Boeheim is going to let me rock out)
- family atmosphere (going to JB's house)
- great facilities (he gave a shout out to Melo) and campus

Last edited:

Mike Williams said a lot of the things we hear from recruits on each visit...
- system fits the way I play (Coach Boeheim is going to let me rock out)
- family atmosphere (going to JB's house)
- great facilities (he gave a shout out to Melo) and campus
We hear the same things over and over. It might be time to spice things up a little. I read last week that Texas spent $280,000 on Manning’s official visit along with seven other recruits. The following weekend they spent $350,000 for 14 more recruits. The details of the visits and the effort they put forth to wine and dine these recruits were off the charts. We don’t have a Four Seasons Hotel to put them up at, but we need to up our efforts.

I'm hesitant to declare a winner given how things have been going, but I feel like we'll land Williams.

Question will become what does he bring or fill in what we will likely lose next year besides adding a solid player if he chooses us?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom