Chad Ford's Big Board | Syracusefan.com

Chad Ford's Big Board

moqui

generational talent
Grant moves up to 16 from 21 in the latest addition

biggest surprise is UCLA freshman Zach Levine entering for the first time at #10. Some people think he can be the next MCW, but someone should point out that (a) he's not actually running point for the Bruins and (b) he is not playing nearly as many minutes as the best PG in the freshman class.

Grant moves up to 16 from 21 in the latest addition

biggest surprise is UCLA freshman Zach Levine entering for the first time at #10. Some people think he can be the next MCW, but someone should point out that (a) he's not actually running point for the Bruins and (b) he is not playing nearly as many minutes as the best PG in the freshman class.
Hes also played one decent team... and they lost.

Nba draft.net had him (Levine) like 5th or something. And Jerami at 12

Taking a Syracuse-centric view, I suggest that MCW's success is encouraging the NBA to think more about rangy guards, thus increasing Levine's draft hype.

12th! Holy molly! If Grant leaves after this year I think it will be a big mistake. There are just way too many guys who get drafted, play for one or two years and then drop out of league. There's no doubt in my mind he will get drafted. But will he actually play and continue to develop his game? I don't think so. Grant needs a consistent outside jumper from NBA range. I have not seen it yet. Without a good outside shot Grant will have a very short NBA career. The best way he can ensure lots of playing time is to come back for his Junior year.

But some agent will talk honey in his ear and he will be gone!

12th! Holy molly! If Grant leaves after this year I think it will be a big mistake. There are just way too many guys who get drafted, play for one or two years and then drop out of league.

For lottery picks this is really rare; pretty much never happens.

12th! Holy molly! If Grant leaves after this year I think it will be a big mistake. There are just way too many guys who get drafted, play for one or two years and then drop out of league. There's no doubt in my mind he will get drafted. But will he actually play and continue to develop his game? I don't think so. Grant needs a consistent outside jumper from NBA range. I have not seen it yet. Without a good outside shot Grant will have a very short NBA career. The best way he can ensure lots of playing time is to come back for his Junior year.

As has been stated in several other threads, the glass-half-full view is that he has his father and uncle to advise him. If they feel he's ready, God bless him, and thanks. But there should be no rush for him to have to support his family, as many others have to. So we got that going for us.

Love to see him back obviously, but if he's a lottery pick, he should go. I recently watched Malachi's highlights and there is a lot of Roberson in there... I think he will be fantastic and along with McCollough, et al., we will be just fine

BostonOrange said:
Over the last 5 years there are only 3-4 lottery picks out of the league. Unfortunately Jonny is one of them.

And it could be argued that the injury booted him out of the league. Just curious who are the others?

And it could be argued that the injury booted him out of the league. Just curious who are the others?
Joe Alexander, Kendall Marshall, and Terrance Williams. A couple others like Thabeet have been in and out

BostonOrange said:
Joe Alexander, Kendall Marshall, and Terrance Williams. A couple others like Thabeet have been in and out

Who?

Thabeet is interesting, figured he would have been better than he was. Because of his size he'll probably be in and out for the next 5 years as well.

Surprised TWill is out of the league - he had a decent rookie year with the Nets. Kind of lost track of him after that, but assumed he was stil moving about. Didn't he have a few triple-doubles his rookie year??? The other two aren't shocking.

if you can't spell a players name right you shouldn't be able to comment on him
I can't spell his name, have never seen him play but,

HE SUCKSSSSSS, BUSTT

'Murica bro.

say whatever i wanna.

I can't spell his name, have never seen him play but,

HE SUCKSSSSSS, BUSTT

'Murica bro.

say whatever i wanna.
Just gets annoying, half the board doesn't know how to spell Jerami.

For some kids, staying is a mistake, because their weakness get exposed, like MacAdoo. The time to go is when you are most draftable.

For some kids, staying is a mistake, because their weakness get exposed, like MacAdoo. The time to go is when you are most draftable.

I would hate to see Grant get drafted and then sit on the bench with no playing time. It would be a huge waste of talent.