Chad Ford's Big Board | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Chad Ford's Big Board

I mean there's only one position he could possibly play right? The 3.

Yeah, but I don't think he can defend the 3 or score on the perimeter either. I don't think he has a position.

CaptainJ said:
I'm asking this sincerely, and am admitting to not being nearly as knowledgeable as some members on this. Are these early season big boards a lot more reliable than the early season top 25's? Obviously I know much can change, but I'm trying to gauge if they are more reliable this early because of whom is doing the grading, etc? As for the bracketology thing yesterday, Lunardi is fortunate enough to have a schtick and it makes sense for him to milk it for all it's worth instead of waiting until it's more realistic, even with the obvious flaws of listing an impossible ACC champ. I'm just curious if these big boards are substantially more reliable than that, this early. Clearly they have to be better, but how much at this point?

More reliable than the early season top 25? I'd say yes, but very slightly. Many many things can change and usually do. This year there are just soooooooo many talented guys that the top 5-10 may only change slightly. Before last season Shabazz Muhhomedd was at the top of most boards if that tells you anything. Guys move up and down constantly, some drop out, some get added but from what I've seen the players who move the most are the first and second year guys, juniors and seniors can help or hurt their stock but they seem to only either stay around their projection or hurt their stock.

Yeah, but I don't think he can defend the 3 or score on the perimeter either. I don't think he has a position.
Yeah I hear you. Although I think it's too early to tell about how he'll be able to play d on the perimeter in man. I do think he can score on the perimeter. I guess I see his game as a little more well rounded than most. Yes I also see his weaknesses.