Class of 2014 - Chad Mavety | Page 16 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 Chad Mavety

Damn is Robertsis is the best we can hope for we are screwed. couchburn I cannot even find a player in all of the US named Robertsis maybe he is some kind of secret European import. Oh Lord:);):(:mad::confused::cool::p:D:eek::oops::rolleyes::bang::blah::crazy::noidea::bat:.

I think I may have found a way to use more icons than Cali in this post.
So a typo is reason enough to post that ridiculous statement? You understand thats a rhetorical question.:crazy:

Might say something that he's sitting n the SU section...
I'm waiting for this to begin. Clemson will be way too late to begin that stylenand attitude.The coaches haven't showed it yet either. I'm thinking of GM and the Bull.

I'm glad Cali is here. He adds a degree of decency that this board desperately needs, at times. Some could take a lesson.

Except when he throws SU players under the bus. Or when he says that players who have redshirted their freshman year are disappointments.

My son who is a teacher at Sprata HS said that Urban Meyer was at the school yesterday talking to Maverty's HS coach about him. With the bye week I guess he is making he recruiting rounds. I have moved on but thought this nugget might be of interest to some.

My son who is a teacher at Sprata HS said that Urban Meyer was at the school yesterday talking to Maverty's HS coach about him. With the bye week I guess he is making he recruiting rounds. I have moved on but thought this nugget might be of interest to some.
Probably telling Mavety he can be the next Percy Harvin.

http://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/i...au_qb_troy_jones_jr.html#incart_flyout_sports

With the de-commitment of Tyler Wiegers,Detroit Country Day(Beverly Hills, Mich.) standout signal-caller, the Scarlet Knights are looking to fill the void left at the quarterback position within the current recruiting class. One such player the Rutgers staff has opened up to re-evaluation is Nassau Community College's (Garden City, N.Y.)Troy Jones Jr.

Jones, the 6-2, 210-pound dual-threat signal caller led Nassau to a 9-2 record in 2013. An All-Northeast conference selection, he holds offers from Middle Tennessee, Western Kentucky, Troy, UMass and a multitude of FCS institutions. And he has been receiving attention from UConn and Virginia Tech, both of which are in the process of scheduling visits to watch him throw. But an offer from Rutgers would likely make the Scarlet Knights a serious player in his recruitment.

Jones, older brother of class of 2014 Wisconsin commit Chris Jones, is also a teammate and good friend of top-ranked junior college offensive tackle Chad Mavety. And he believes there is a chance Mavety would open back up to the Scarlet knights if he were added to the fold.

"I'm not saying he would sign if I went, but I know that I would be able to at least get him to come see it with me," said Jones. "He's my best friend up here since day one. Obviously, he has his favorites right now of Ohio State and Florida State. But we talk everyday and I know that he wants to play with somebody he knows. So the idea of playing with each other is something we are still interested in."

The Nassau standout claims Mavety hasn't been over-hyped one bit and is as special as he has been proclaimed to be.

http://www.nj.com/rutgersfootball/i...au_qb_troy_jones_jr.html#incart_flyout_sports

With the de-commitment of Tyler Wiegers,Detroit Country Day(Beverly Hills, Mich.) standout signal-caller, the Scarlet Knights are looking to fill the void left at the quarterback position within the current recruiting class. One such player the Rutgers staff has opened up to re-evaluation is Nassau Community College's (Garden City, N.Y.)Troy Jones Jr.

Jones, the 6-2, 210-pound dual-threat signal caller led Nassau to a 9-2 record in 2013. An All-Northeast conference selection, he holds offers from Middle Tennessee, Western Kentucky, Troy, UMass and a multitude of FCS institutions. And he has been receiving attention from UConn and Virginia Tech, both of which are in the process of scheduling visits to watch him throw. But an offer from Rutgers would likely make the Scarlet Knights a serious player in his recruitment.

Jones, older brother of class of 2014 Wisconsin commit Chris Jones, is also a teammate and good friend of top-ranked junior college offensive tackle Chad Mavety. And he believes there is a chance Mavety would open back up to the Scarlet knights if he were added to the fold.

"I'm not saying he would sign if I went, but I know that I would be able to at least get him to come see it with me," said Jones. "He's my best friend up here since day one. Obviously, he has his favorites right now of Ohio State and Florida State. But we talk everyday and I know that he wants to play with somebody he knows. So the idea of playing with each other is something we are still interested in."

The Nassau standout claims Mavety hasn't been over-hyped one bit and is as special as he has been proclaimed to be.

That fanbase really is comprised of a bunch of delusional moron dullards.

YouCantFixStupid.jpg

Got to hand it to them though. Bring in Fuchs and Holley tags along. Bring in Jones and Mavety tags along. Brilliant strategy on their part.

Got to hand it to them though. Bring in Fuchs and Holley tags along. Bring in Jones and Mavety tags along. Brilliant strategy on their part.

There's only value there if they land one or both of them, and the odds of them landing either are extremely low. We've tried this for years and it's rarely worked. Matter of fact the only time I can remember it working was with Max Beaulieu and he ended up being a bust anyway.

It's not like either Holley, or Mavety are even considering Rutgers anymore

There's only value there if they land one or both of them, and the odds of them landing either are extremely low. We've tried this for years and it's rarely worked. Matter of fact the only time I can remember it working was with Max Beaulieu and he ended up being a bust anyway.
Short memory?!? Brandon Sharpe and our very own Shamarknado?

Short memory?!? Brandon Sharpe and our very own Shamarknado?

Shamarko was the higher rated recruit so it's not the same scenario.

We're talking about taking a really low end recruit to get an in with a blue chipper.

Shamarko was the higher rated recruit so it's not the same scenario.

We're talking about taking a really low end recruit to get an in with a blue chipper.
Fair enough on the low end recruit to get a blue chipper, but Shamarko wasn't higher rated than Sharpe if I recall correctly.

Fair enough on the low end recruit to get a blue chipper, but Shamarko wasn't higher rated than Sharpe if I recall correctly.[/quote]

Nor were either them considered "blue chippers" at the time.

Nor were either them considered "blue chippers" at the time.
I stated that and conceded the point. Thanks for beating into my skull.

Fair enough on the low end recruit to get a blue chipper, but Shamarko wasn't higher rated than Sharpe if I recall correctly.
On the money with that.They played at a much higher level than their "ratings"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom