Class of 2014 - Chad Mavety | Page 14 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 Chad Mavety

ya i thought it was worth a like just for effort and entertainment

I'd love to repost what he recently posted on Ryvals. Something about military police and skeleton keys. Meanwhile, the thread was about the possibility of SU tweaking their uniforms this year. Sometimes they just brighten up my day. :bang: :p

I thought this CaliCuse fella could never surprise me with a post, and I tend to ignore what he writes usually... haha but this one got me from way deep left field, my goodness, the randomness is outstanding.

Look closer. In that post is the answer to who killed JFK. And tonight's winning powerball numbers.

The Moore piling on has to stop. Especially when no one really knows how his recruiting is.

That one story that got posted to the board in his first year of coaching has been an unnecessary black cloud.

The Moore piling on has to stop. Especially when no one really knows how his recruiting is.

That one story that got posted to the board in his first year of coaching has been an unnecessary black cloud.
I tend to agree. There is nothing but speculation, and people are ripping Moore to shreds based off of no evidence and purely their opinion.

Well, the one thing people do know about his recruiting is he hasn't gotten anyone from his recruiting area since he joined the staff

Could not agree with this more. The play of the wideouts since he took over is a significant upgrade.

Well, the one thing people do know about his recruiting is he hasn't gotten anyone from his recruiting area since he joined the staff

I think only one thing is clear, that Moore isn't the best recruiter we have. But we have no idea how good he is, or for that matter how much of his job is recruiting vs. coaching the current kids up. We would all like to think everybody is on a strict 50% coaching, 50% recruiting time split, but I'd bet that's not true. We honestly have no idea how good of a recruiter he is. Part of the problem why he hasn't seemed to have landed any big names yet, is because he seems to be after the biggest of fish in NYC, and we have shown our program isn't strong enough yet to land the biggest names in NYC to this point. Are there other guys he is after, sure there are, but lets not act like he's only competing with himself in NYC.

One thing we can say for certain is that Moore has been an absolutely exceptional coach in his time here.

I think only one thing is clear, that Moore isn't the best recruiter we have. But we have no idea how good he is, or for that matter how much of his job is recruiting vs. coaching the current kids up. We would all like to think everybody is on a strict 50% coaching, 50% recruiting time split, but I'd bet that's not true. We honestly have no idea how good of a recruiter he is. Part of the problem why he hasn't seemed to have landed any big names yet, is because he seems to be after the biggest of fish in NYC, and we have shown our program isn't strong enough yet to land the biggest names in NYC to this point. Are there other guys he is after, sure there are, but lets not act like he's only competing with himself in NYC.

One thing we can say for certain is that Moore has been an absolutely exceptional coach in his time here.

The problem isnt that he has failed to land any big fish, the problem is he hasn't really landed anyone and his foray into NJ was a disaster. Some of that I blame on Coach Marrone, why he would put Moore in NJ I will never know, theres no way a rookie recruiter should start out in that minefield, he was in way over his head. As far as being a WR coach I think he has done a pretty good job, though I think this season will really show us something after losing Lemon and Sales.

Some people just aren't great recruiters, its to early for me to say Moore is one of those guys but hes had several years now and the results are underwhelming to say the least and thats probably putting it lightly. His recent comments about NYC kids while accurate and supported by a majority of this board is doing him absolutely no favors on the recruiting trail if you catch my drift. The best thing Coach Shafer could do is get Moore the heck out of the NE as a recruiter and get him shifted someplace else to start over.

I tend to agree. There is nothing but speculation, and people are ripping Moore to shreds based off of no evidence and purely their opinion.

Not everyone is commenting on there own opinion, there is enough talk out there about Moore and a reason why he was moved out of NJ.

This thread should be shut down. SU is off to it's best recruiting start in years and someone is saying that we're on the verge of a "disaster"?

cmonman.jpg

This thread should be shut down. SU is off to it's best recruiting start in years and someone is saying that we're on the verge of a "disaster"?
I don't understand how anyone could possibly make this claim if they had bothered to compare this class with past classes at this juncture (based on stars, offers or positions of need).

cmonman.jpg
Have to agree with JoeSu. So far we are ranked 55th by one major site...with only 4 recruits even ranked in their projected positions. It also a strong possibility that we will end up with one recruit even ranked in the top ten from New York state. I know it is early but seems crazy that we have slipped that far in NY. I do believe we will close the gap overall before signing day. I believe HCSS will fight like mad to turn this around and we have some very good recruiters on staff. If I remember correctly we usually end up ranked in the forties somewhere and we are on course for about par.

Have to agree with JoeSu. So far we are ranked 55th by one major site...with only 4 recruits even ranked in their projected positions. It also a strong possibility that we will end up with one recruit even ranked in the top ten from New York state. I know it is early but seems crazy that we have slipped that far in NY. I do believe we will close the gap overall before signing day. I believe HCSS will fight like mad to turn this around and we have some very good recruiters on staff. If I remember correctly we usually end up ranked in the forties somewhere and we are on course for about par.
FYI I was agreeing with Rocco.

Our recruiting is ahead of where we have been over the last 10 years.

How huge would it be to land Holley. Might bring Mavety into play here too.
Holley, Mavety, Ishmael and Enoicy to go along with AJ, KJ and the rest would be unbelievable. And before people tell me to not hold my breath, I know it is a long shot but there is a chance.

Holley, Mavety, Ishmael and Enoicy to go along with AJ, KJ and the rest would be unbelievable. And before people tell me to not hold my breath, I know it is a long shot but there is a chance.
More so than we have had in many, many years!

1. Webb Geer@webb_geer 16h
  2. @chadmavety55 how is school searching going? You commit anywhere yet?

1. Chad Mavety@chadmavety55 16h
    @webb_geer your welcome! And it's not badd I'm just focusing on the season rite now
Wonder why he is waiting to commit.? Waiting to take all his officials?

Either way we have to stay on these guys aggressively . You never know what will happen . As we see with Roberts and some other recent prospects anything can and will happen

Either way we have to stay on these guys aggressively . You never know what will happen . As we see with Roberts and some other recent prospects anything can and will happen

Hey maybe we asked Roberts to wait because Mavety is coming here ... it can't hurt to dream :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom