Champions bowl requires a big 12 championship game... | Syracusefan.com

Champions bowl requires a big 12 championship game...

Jake

Mod
Which means the Big 12 needs to get to 12 teams. Which means the ACC and Big East could be poached again soon.

Not buying it. With the amount of new money being discussed for all "Big-5" members, I simply don't see how/why anyone from a Big-5 conference would consider moving just yet.

Sounds like more squalking from an anonymous B12 source.

That makes zero sense. Especially since the game will likely put up the 2nd best B12 team.

Yesterday there was a thread on the WV board that nearly made their heads explode. B12 fans were talking about how if PSU were kicked out then KU would be a candidate for the B1G. WV fans were like GOR blah blah blah. The other B12 fans were like contracts can be broken. I found that to be funny as hell. WV fans or so silly.

That makes zero sense. Especially since the game will likely put up the 2nd best B12 team.

Yesterday there was a thread on the WV board that nearly made their heads explode. B12 fans were talking about how if PSU were kicked out then KU would be a candidate for the B1G. WV fans were like GOR blah blah blah. The other B12 fans were like contracts can be broken. I found that to be funny as hell. WV fans or so silly.

Their board is just hilarious. There's a thread speculating that since us and Pitt are joining 7/1/13 that means that schools are definitely leaving. We were always going to be joining in 2013 and have been working on that departure date since we announced we were joining the ACC.

If that is true, it'll be Louisville and USF or Cinci. ACC team won't leave. The money coming in from the Orange Bowl deal makes the dollar difference pretty negligible.

Love that Rutgers would still be the last kid standing in gym class.

the ACC wont be losing anyone.

the bigeast, likely will.

i always figured the F4 would require a champ game, having the new bowl require it, is the SEC's way of forcing their will on the bevo.

'dont worry, we got this. hey bevo...lets have a chat...'

nice.

i always figured the F4 would require a champ game, having the new bowl require it, is the SEC's way of forcing their will on the bevo.

nice.

Still makes no sense. The Bevo can just go play with the Orange or Fiesta Bowls. They don't NEED the SEC Bowl. Why let the SEC dictate how many teams are in your conference? Even if the money is $40 million with SEC vs $30 million alone, it is still worth it for the B12 ($40/12 is only $333k more than $30/10).

Still makes no sense. The Bevo can just go play with the Orange or Fiesta Bowls. They don't NEED the SEC Bowl. Why let the SEC dictate how many teams are in your conference? Even if the money is $40 million with SEC vs $30 million alone, it is still worth it for the B12 ($40/12 is only $333k more than $30/10).

Because it's a conference that almost imploded a short time ago and an SEC partnership means everything. Just imagine if the ACC and SEC had the Champions Bowl agreement instead of the Bevo. It would have been a PR nightmare for them.

nice.

Agree the big east is low hanging fruit ready for the picking.

Not for nothing, but every other thread on the WVU board has some "insider" info regarding the imminent defection of FSU/Clemson/MD to the Bevo12.
Indeed, they're now going on about Swofford's meeting with the Clemson BOT earlier today, where he was "begging" them not to leave the ACC. Just wondering why they seem so desperate to perpetuate these rumors?
Wasn't the Big12 hanging by a thread until recently? Isn't Bevo, and to a lesser extent OU the dominant ones in that conference, and WVU had to beg and plead to get picked up after getting rejected by most everyone? Its like the Big12 is the greatest league all of sudden, and everyone else is clamoring to join them?
They're like that joke where a comedian says that his grandfather, 2 minutes after becoming a citizen, immediately demands that "those stinkin' foreigners go back where they came from"...
Whattup with that? SMDH

People who think there is no chance that FSU leaves are a lot more confident than I am. I think at this point it is 50/50.

Not for nothing, but every other thread on the WVU board has some "insider" info regarding the imminent defection of FSU/Clemson/MD to the Bevo12.
Indeed, they're now going on about Swofford's meeting with the Clemson BOT earlier today, where he was "begging" them not to leave the ACC. Just wondering why they seem so desperate to perpetuate these rumors?
Wasn't the Big12 hanging by a thread until recently? Isn't Bevo, and to a lesser extent OU the dominant ones in that conference, and WVU had to beg and plead to get picked up after getting rejected by most everyone? Its like the Big12 is the greatest league all of sudden, and everyone else is clamoring to join them?
They're like that joke where a comedian says that his grandfather, 2 minutes after becoming a citizen, immediately demands that "those stinkin' foreigners go back where they came from"...
Whattup with that? SMDH

You forgot Virginia Tech! They're on deck as well.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2

The Big 12 has its own issues. The Longhorn Network is a cancer that is not going to go away. If OU bolts some day to the B12 is in Big Trouble. I don;' thin anybody that does not have to will jump to the Big 12.

Never underestimate the power of bitterness and perceived slights (FSU/Clemson) to force bad decisions.

Never underestimate the power of bitterness and perceived slights (FSU/Clemson) to force bad decisions.

not-again.jpg

(assuming 1 bevo and 1 SEC team in the F4) the SEC isnt going to let the bevo send the loser of the redriver shootout in october while they send loser of their champ game or #3. the SEC has too much at stake to let that happen.

im telling ya, the big4 isnt going to let the 5th only have 10 teams.

The Big 12 has its own issues. The Longhorn Network is a cancer that is not going to go away. If OU bolts some day to the B12 is in Big Trouble. I don;' thin anybody that does not have to will jump to the Big 12.

This^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

They'll add Ville and BYU or Cincy to get to 12. Done.

SIRIUS College Sports radio reported today that Swofford met with Clemson today to give them a "pitch". I guess Clemson is upset with Pitt/Syracuse coming. Upset with the Orange Bowl deal and some other things.

Swofford is trying to lock them up and calm them down. Wouldn't be shocked if they bolted. The 2 hosts Dr. Jack Arute and Rick Neuheisel said if Clemson can jump they have to jump. That the ACC isn't stable if this thing goes to 4 Super Conferences. They also called Pitt/SU joining the ACC "NEW" Coke (using the comparison when Coke brought out NEW Coke back in the 80's when nobody was upset with their current product). That there was nothing wrong with the current version of the ACC and Pitt/SU add nothing and in fact might hurt the conference. (THERE WORDS, NOT MINE...LOL)

SIRIUS College Sports radio reported today that Swofford met with Clemson today to give them a "pitch". I guess Clemson is upset with Pitt/Syracuse coming. Upset with the Orange Bowl deal and some other things.

Swofford is trying to lock them up and calm them down. Wouldn't be shocked if they bolted. The 2 hosts Dr. Jack Arute and Rick Neuheisel said if Clemson can jump they have to jump. That the ACC isn't stable if this thing goes to 4 Super Conferences. They also called Pitt/SU joining the ACC "NEW" Coke (using the comparison when Coke brought out NEW Coke back in the 80's when nobody was upset with their current product). That there was nothing wrong with the current version of the ACC and Pitt/SU add nothing and in fact might hurt the conference. (THERE WORDS, NOT MINE...LOL)

$4,000,000 a year per school is nothing apparently.

This makes no sense. Wasn't expansion unanimous?

4 super conferences makes no sense without the ACC being one of them because the Pac 12 can't go west to expand.

$4,000,000 a year per school is nothing apparently.

This makes no sense. Wasn't expansion unanimous?

4 super conferences makes no sense without the ACC being one of them because the Pac 12 can't go west to expand.
When money is involved it doesn't have to always "make sense" (ie The Big East in 2013)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom