Champions bowl requires a big 12 championship game... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Champions bowl requires a big 12 championship game...

When money is involved it doesn't have to always "make sense" (ie The Big East in 2013)

Completely agree, but when the Pac 12 expands it's going to Texas, Oklahoma and Kansas. And then FSU is in a conference with WVU, Texas Tech, TCU, Baylor, K State and Iowa State.

SIRIUS College Sports radio reported today that Swofford met with Clemson today to give them a "pitch". I guess Clemson is upset with Pitt/Syracuse coming. Upset with the Orange Bowl deal and some other things.

Swofford is trying to lock them up and calm them down. Wouldn't be shocked if they bolted. The 2 hosts Dr. Jack Arute and Rick Neuheisel said if Clemson can jump they have to jump. That the ACC isn't stable if this thing goes to 4 Super Conferences. They also called Pitt/SU joining the ACC "NEW" Coke (using the comparison when Coke brought out NEW Coke back in the 80's when nobody was upset with their current product). That there was nothing wrong with the current version of the ACC and Pitt/SU add nothing and in fact might hurt the conference. (THERE WORDS, NOT MINE...LOL)

They are total dolts.

Move along.

They are total dolts.

Move along.
True. But they share the perception/opinion of many people around the country who don't have a rooting interest in or a bias in the happenings of the ACC. Their opinion might be wrong and idiotic but its the majority opinion around the country.

most big 12 teams feel they are superior to WVU and after what they did to clemson last year I would also target them with all sorts of B.S.

SIRIUS College Sports radio reported today that Swofford met with Clemson today to give them a "pitch". I guess Clemson is upset with Pitt/Syracuse coming. Upset with the Orange Bowl deal and some other things.

Swofford is trying to lock them up and calm them down. Wouldn't be shocked if they bolted. The 2 hosts Dr. Jack Arute and Rick Neuheisel said if Clemson can jump they have to jump. That the ACC isn't stable if this thing goes to 4 Super Conferences. They also called Pitt/SU joining the ACC "NEW" Coke (using the comparison when Coke brought out NEW Coke back in the 80's when nobody was upset with their current product). That there was nothing wrong with the current version of the ACC and Pitt/SU add nothing and in fact might hurt the conference. (THERE WORDS, NOT MINE...LOL)

The funny thing is Pitt and SU are historically BETTER FB programs than Clemson. They have a very good fanbase, 2nd best in the ACC. I will give them that. However in terms of success on the field they have little. They are the most overrated FB program in the country. Fact is the SEC and B12 have little to no interest in them. So where exactly are they bolting to? In the last 20 years they have ONE ACC title and ZERO Top 15 finishes.

True. But they share the perception/opinion of many people around the country who don't have a rooting interest in or a bias in the happenings of the ACC. Their opinion might be wrong and idiotic but its the majority opinion around the country.

Who gives a flying ?

Are SU fans intent on carrying their Big East inferiority complex to the ACC with them?

Which means the Big 12 needs to get to 12 teams. Which means the ACC and Big East could be poached again soon.

"Champions bowl requires a big 12 championship game..."

Thanks for sharing.

Personally I believe anyone who posts news should be providing a source so readers can understand the news and better understand the credibility of the source.

Once again you have posted "news" and provided no source and further drawn conclusions from your posted news.

So who exactly is your source?

The "dude", Gregg Swaim, Pete Thamel?

If the Big 12 expands it will be in their current footprint (SMU, Louisville, etc.) ACC teams aren't going anywhere, the Big 12 is in the worst spot due to, as people are mentioning, the fact that the Pac 12 has nowhere to go but East to expand.

The SEC just took 2 teams from the Big 12 footprint, do you really think they will let the Big 12 come into their football area? Before that would happen they would invite Texas and Oklahoma and poof goes the Big 12.

Pitt and Syracuse were unanimously voted on back in September. So now in July, Clemson called a special meeting to express disappointment that Pitt and Syracuse were added? Who was the host of this show? Did he mention if adding FSU being added in 1991 was on their new Coke agenda?

Seriously???

Are u that fn stupid????

OPa is right...

Seriously???

Are u that fn stupid????

Real mature response :rolleyes:

You might not like it, and I might not like it, but many people around the county feel that the ACC is weaker adding SU/Pitt. I DON'T AGREE! But that is the national/majority opinion I would say. From analysts, ex and current coaches, fans...etc, Nobody cares about the basketball side and people see adding those 2 schools as hurting the football side and bringing no positives.

I heard one big-time analyst this week (might have been Tony Barnhardt) when asked about Pitt/Syracuse he said..."well Duke has someone they can beat now in football"...that's the national perception. I don't like it. You don't like it. But it's very real! So call me names all you want if it makes you feel like an "internet tough guy"...but the point is it doesn't change the perception of how SU/Pitt are being viewed nationally on this move.

Once again you have posted "news" and provided no source and further drawn conclusions from your posted news.

Really now?

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Because exposing your source is always a good way to maintain that source, right? :rolleyes:

Jake is always spectacularly wrong, isn't he? Why bother to even read his posts?

That makes zero sense. Especially since the game will likely put up the 2nd best B12 team.

Yesterday there was a thread on the WV board that nearly made their heads explode. B12 fans were talking about how if PSU were kicked out then KU would be a candidate for the B1G. WV fans were like GOR blah blah blah. The other B12 fans were like contracts can be broken. I found that to be funny as hell. WV fans or so silly.

Gotta love that WVU fans are being confronted with the fact that the GOR is nothing more than a contract, albeit with bigger buyouts, than the Big East contract they signed and broke to get out early.

Because exposing your source is always a good way to maintain that source, right? :rolleyes:

Jake is always spectacularly wrong, isn't he? Why bother to even read his posts?

Actually, I did snag this off of twitter, should have clarified that. Could be a smokescreen.

Gotta love that WVU fans are being confronted with the fact that the GOR is nothing more than a contract, albeit with bigger buyouts, than the Big East contract they signed and broke to get out early.

If UT wants out you can damn well bet the GOR is not going to stop them.

I would LMAO if the ACC pulled a power play and brought in ND and... Texas to get to 16. ND and Texas want to be together. But there is no way that ND will ever join the likes of the B12. The ACC can move to 4 pods and go to an 8 game schedule to accommodate both schools OOC obligations. Both schools prefer to be in a conference with strong academics. If you are the ACC why be stubborn with the "all for one" model? Especially with the threat of FSU leaving one day to the B12 or SEC. Let Texas keep the LHN (which ESPN would be fine with). Texas will be happy as more markets will need to add the LHN. Let ND keep their NBC home games. IMO ESPN should be fine with that knowing that they are getting 4 ND conf road games. Texas' Tech problem will be gone as the B12 has stabilized allowing them to leave. As long as Oklahoma is still there that conference will be fine. The P12 and B1G don't want OU, and OU wants nothing to do with the SEC. The B12 can go add Louisville to get to back to 10.

Pods
ND, Texas, Pitt, BC
VT, UVA, SU, MD
FSU, GA Tech, NC St, Wake
Miami, Clemson, UNC, Duke

Actually, I did snag this off of twitter, should have clarified that. Could be a smokescreen.

I figured as much since it was being reported on multiple twitter feeds and that you just forgot to mention it. I just found the smarky comment funny that you were "once again" reporting something without sources.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

If UT wants out you can damn well bet the GOR is not going to stop them.

UT knows that if they go, the conference dies, and the GOR dies with it. Anyone who believed that the GOR locked Texas in for any period of time is deserving of that feeling they would get if/when Texas left.

Real mature response :rolleyes:

You might not like it, and I might not like it, but many people around the county feel that the ACC is weaker adding SU/Pitt. I DON'T AGREE! But that is the national/majority opinion I would say. From analysts, ex and current coaches, fans...etc, Nobody cares about the basketball side and people see adding those 2 schools as hurting the football side and bringing no positives.

I heard one big time analyst this week (might have been Tony Barnhardt) when asked about Pitt/Syracuse he said..."well Duke has someone they can beat now in football"...that's the national perception. I don't like it. You don't like it. But it's very real! So call me names all you want if it makes you feel like an "internet tough guy"...but the point is it doesn't change the perception of how SU/Pitt are being viewed nationally on this move.

broken record.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom