Chance Amie Ends up at Grambling | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Chance Amie Ends up at Grambling

TrueBlue thanks for asking question. Hate having to read all posts in a 11 page thread to find out basic info. Maybe there sb a side thread that said s here’s the scoop for dummies. Lol

Is there a chance he’s not leaving? Chance Amie leaving headline threw me.

Transfer looks straight forward to me. Based on timing and destination (Blinn), my presumption is that Amie couldn’t take care of his academic responsibilities. If this was about fb potential and playing time, he would have gone to a peer program straight away (i.e., no juco).

So without academics, he would've just transferred to another P5 school? No.

My original comment was stating that I don't think it had to do with a tough road to playing time.

juco imo is better because you can play and have film , going to another p5 you can get a jump on the playbook though

We could be in a world of hurt next year if Devito goes down injured for several games or for the whole season. Defenses will try to take him out of the game and Welch and Culpepper have little experience.
Welch actually has more game experience but at a lower level and not in the same system. Totally agree with your main point, a lot will ride on Devito staying healthy and fit.

So without academics, he would've just transferred to another P5 school? No.

My original comment was stating that I don't think it had to do with a tough road to playing time.

You got me. I made it up. Thanks for your contributions.

Welch actually has more game experience but at a lower level and not in the same system. Totally agree with your main point, a lot will ride on Devito staying healthy and fit.

This is probably true for about 90% of all P5 programs - IF QB1 goes down, it gets pretty ugly, pretty quickly.
Teams like Clemson & Bama may have 4-5* guys stacked and waiting in the wings, but most don't.

We're basically screwed if TD goes out, but that may have also have been true had Amie not left.

After Tommy, it's Welch, then probably Rex, then maybe somebody who played QB in HS, like Taj.
Or maybe Das Hof is like Riley Dixon, and actually also an awesome QB in addition to NFL-bound punter?
;)

You got me. I made it up. Thanks for your contributions.

But in a year's time, at another school, would he automatically wind up #1 or #2? Maybe at a lower level but not at a P5 school. If he's leaving for playing time, he ought to consider the fact that he's the back-up right now and only a snap away from playing.

The drop for a pick hurt just as much
And another drop had us down to the 3 if we hold it .. woulda coulda shoulda ... we got our breaks vs UNC is what it is .. pitt game still annoys me . As far as Chance
Coaches try to trust kids will try to make the most of there golden opportunities. They have tutors , remind them they could be tested . Tell them to become men just as we do as parents . We lead them to the water !!
I couldn’t be prouder of the way Tommy goes about things and his structured life .
ND was being allowed to maul our WR's the whole game, that ad their DL killed us.

I haven't read the whole thread, but why wouldn't Chance have gotten some snaps with the 4 game red shirt exemption? Seems like it wouldn't have hurt, in the right situation, to have gotten him into a couple of games.
My guess--he forfeited his opportunity due to his off-field behavior.

Girls and blow?

Kimmel as well.

Just sped through this thread and my takeaway is he didn’t take care of his work, was probably a handful of sorts and he’s leaving.

I don’t think we are the type of program that can have Henson/Brady like situation at QB most of the times. If someone is a real P5 qb backing up someone else (similar graduation times), the transfer will always be in play.

Even when we had McNabb, was Keith Downing a legit qb who could have transferred. Let’s keep Devito upright next year and go elephant hunting for his replacement in 2 years or so

Kimmel as well.

Just sped through this thread and my takeaway is he didn’t take care of his work, was probably a handful of sorts and he’s leaving.

I don’t think we are the type of program that can have Henson/Brady like situation at QB most of the times. If someone is a real P5 qb backing up someone else (similar graduation times), the transfer will always be in play.

Even when we had McNabb, was Keith Downing a legit qb who could have transferred. Let’s keep Devito upright next year and go elephant hunting for his replacement in 2 years or so

Kind of reminds me when Marrone had Nassib and no depth behind him and made sure he never ran...big picture stuff and gaining a few yards just wasn't worth it. That said, Welch is more serviceable than Kinder was.

From 1987-2001 when a player left the program i felt sorry for him because he wasn't going to get to play on our team. From 2002-2017 I felt sorry for us when a player left the program. After 10-3 and with Dino having the long term contract and a lot of young talent on the team, I'm back to feeling sorry for the player. We are going places he would have wanted to be.

From my SU Football preview:

Clayton Welch is a junior college transfer who passed for 63 yards and a score in the spring game. He is a walk on but a big one at 6-5 235. He was on the roster last year but didn’t play in any games. He put up some good numbers at Butte College in California: “Welch completed 54.4 percent of his passes for 1,325 yards, 13 touchdowns and five interceptions in 12 games played last season. He also ran for 821 yards and 11 scores.” Zach Mahoney saw a lot of action as Dungey’s back-up the last three years after being a JUCO walk-on but it says something for the improved state of the program that Welch will have a hard time seeing the field with all this completion, even if he might have a bit more experience beyond high school.

Actually he looks pretty darn good in the highlight film in this article:
Syracuse football recruiting: 2017 JUCO QB Clayton Welch signs with SU as walk-on

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom