Chance Amie Ends up at Grambling | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Chance Amie Ends up at Grambling

Yeah, but let's be honest. Dungey played TERRIBLY against Notre Dame before he went out too.
1547475633517.png

this is how I remember him leaving.

View attachment 150012

this is how I remember him leaving.

Ok, we’re all just going to have to agree to disagree. I see one completed pass and some nice runs by Moe (and to be fair to Tommy, he completed some nice throws too). I’m not trying to be a troll; it’s ok that he wasn’t having a great game against that defense.

Also, lest we forget, Tommy’s first pass was the perfectly thrown dropped TD pass.

Would help if you go to class, which was what some folks were saying during the season.

Ok, we’re all just going to have to agree to disagree. I see one completed pass and some nice runs by Moe (and to be fair to Tommy, he completed some nice throws too). I’m not trying to be a troll; it’s ok that he wasn’t having a great game against that defense.

Also, lest we forget, Tommy’s first pass was the perfectly thrown dropped TD pass.
Which woulda turned the tables a bit in that game.

While I'm confident that the staff will find a way to deal with the situation, it means extra hustle and churn, needless effort spent overcoming an obstacle of our own making. It seems strange to me that the staff would take a kid - especially at QB! - that gets into trouble so quickly. Was he vetted? How much did we know about him? Couldn't we have foreseen this to some degree? That's what concerns me.

While I'm confident that the staff will find a way to deal with the situation, it means extra hustle and churn, needless effort spent overcoming an obstacle of our own making. It seems strange to me that the staff would take a kid - especially at QB! - that gets into trouble so quickly. Was he vetted? How much did we know about him? Couldn't we have foreseen this to some degree? That's what concerns me.
I agree, staff has to take some blame in this. Kids can fool you. Every coach has experienced that before. You cant always predict how kids will react to adversity many miles from home. Some kids become different people when you put them in a different environment.

it would concern me if the staff were bringing in a lot of kids like this, so far in 3 years, this is very much an exception. As Money said above, kids can fool you, and you don't know how they will react being away from home. not always easy to read that

Notre Dame game would have been different had Tommy completed that deep ball to the end zone for a TD.

That would have brought him confidence, defense for ND would have played different

Not saying we would have won, but the game would have been different.

We could be in a world of hurt next year if Devito goes down injured for several games or for the whole season. Defenses will try to take him out of the game and Welch and Culpepper have little experience.

Failing to attend classes and failing multiple drug tests are a couple of reasons to leave...….doesn't fit the culture Babers and staff are creating...

Notre Dame game would have been different had Tommy completed that deep ball to the end zone for a TD.

That would have brought him confidence, defense for ND would have played different

Not saying we would have won, but the game would have been different.
Qbs get to much Blame and to much credit . I’m not gonna drag myself into stuff like this
I’m not gonna throw teammates or staff into it on the internet. There where so many issues in that game . Rivers is a hall of fame Qb what happened yesterday? He had no time .. tua threw 2 bad pics in the chip is he bad now ? Lawrence WRs made circus catches on so so balls but he gets the credit . All 4 qbs playing in the conference game are passers ( mahomes can scramble ) at the end of the day you want a mobile passer if you can get one not a run first guy .

I'm not insulting Dungey, but he was shaping up to have a bad game. And if we were driving, it wasn't because of him. He had 2 rushes for 8 yards and was 1-4 passing for 10 yards and an INT. His performance isn't surprising considering that Notre Dame's defense was very very good last season. I think we were heading for a blowout either way.
I'd imagine the biggest reason for his poor play that day (and maybe others too as I don't know) is that he was obviously dealing with a back issue. Anyone who has had lower back pain (and I say this as someone whose had it and treats it every day), anyway it's a vague strange condition with varied symptoms over time until it "goes out" on you and you're down for the count, but along the way it certainly limits what you can or cannot do.

My thinking is that was at least a contributor to his tenative poor play that game before he went down for the count.

I agree Syracuse University Football will be in trouble next year if Tommy DeVito should be injured (Pray God I hope not) However, Amie actually would have had less experience than any of the two/three quarterbacks on the current roster. I wish the young man luck but in the end you are accountable for the choices you make. Go Orange!!!!!!!!

It's pretty clear the kid let the staff and team down and needs a fresh start. It sucks, of course.

- Dino has a good idea of what to look for QB-wise. His track record is near perfect in a world where *everyone* misses on a guy or two.
- His system and our recent results are much easier to sell than when TD committed (he and his fam should be commended for faith without evidence).
- It's clear that they want the *right QB* not just a name on the 3rd team

That's all why I'm pretty confident we'll be ok

It's pretty clear the kid let the staff and team down and needs a fresh start. It sucks, of course.

- Dino has a good idea of what to look for QB-wise. His track record is near perfect in a world where *everyone* misses on a guy or two.
- His system and our recent results are much easier to sell than when TD committed (he and his fam should be commended for faith without evidence).

Agree in the main. Now that we're having success, there is zero doubt in my mind that Babers and staff will be able to "sell" playing QB in this system. It isn't "faith without evidence" anymore. Long term, we'll be fine.

Not sure that it helps us short term, though. Will be interesting to see if we are able to get in with a QB prospect or two from the class of 2019 who might not have been inclined to consider us before 10-3.

Agree in the main. Now that we're having success, there is zero doubt in my mind that Babers and staff will be able to "sell" playing QB in this system. It isn't "faith without evidence" anymore. Long term, we'll be fine.

Not sure that it helps us short term, though. Will be interesting to see if we are able to get in with a QB prospect or two from the class of 2019 who might not have been inclined to consider us before 10-3.

They've hustled before and came up with a starter or two this late... QB might be a bit harder to find

Babers is a charming old school guy easy to like and with his Qb stats track record allong with Coach Reynolds and former coach Lewis it was a great choice for us . Plus the academics ! Most teams are in trouble if the starter goes down . Welch reminds me of Mahoney very serviceable . We will b fine

Qbs get to much Blame and to much credit . I’m not gonna drag myself into stuff like this
I’m not gonna throw teammates or staff into it on the internet. There where so many issues in that game . Rivers is a hall of fame Qb what happened yesterday? He had no time .. tua threw 2 bad pics in the chip is he bad now ? Lawrence WRs made circus catches on so so balls but he gets the credit . All 4 qbs playing in the conference game are passers ( mahomes can scramble ) at the end of the day you want a mobile passer if you can get one not a run first guy .

I’m confused? I’m not saying Tommy did anything wrong in that game? But you and I both know, if Johnson catches that ball for a TD we are right back into that game and everything is different. Play calling etc.

For the record, that ball was absolutely perfectly placed. It just wasn’t caught, it happens. It’s football.

However, momentum of that game shifts with a TD there, that’s all I’m saying.

The biggest takeaway for me, as I watched Dungey leave the ND game and TD come in...was that I think on the first or second play there we were throwing a "bomb", which was delivered right on the money, and we had a chance to be 10-7 with our back-up QB in the game.

In my previous multi-decade experience, the backup QB would have been run run pass punt.

Shows the type of players/coaches we have here now

Wait, has it been confirmed why Chance is leaving?

The biggest takeaway for me, as I watched Dungey leave the ND game and TD come in...was that I think on the first or second play there we were throwing a "bomb", which was delivered right on the money, and we had a chance to be 10-7 with our back-up QB in the game.

In my previous multi-decade experience, the backup QB would have been run run pass punt.

The drop for a pick hurt just as much
And another drop had us down to the 3 if we hold it .. woulda coulda shoulda ... we got our breaks vs UNC is what it is .. pitt game still annoys me . As far as Chance
Coaches try to trust kids will try to make the most of there golden opportunities. They have tutors , remind them they could be tested . Tell them to become men just as we do as parents . We lead them to the water !!
I couldn’t be prouder of the way Tommy goes about things and his structured life .

I haven't read the whole thread, but why wouldn't Chance have gotten some snaps with the 4 game red shirt exemption? Seems like it wouldn't have hurt, in the right situation, to have gotten him into a couple of games.

DeVito came in and threw it downfield pretty much immediately in pretty much every game.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom