Chance Westry Transferring to Syracuse | Page 27 | Syracusefan.com

Chance Westry Transferring to Syracuse

That would be some great news.

Are you hearing anything about Hima? Whether he's hurt still (sore knees) or just doesn't fit Coach Autry's plans?

So the announcer in the Virginia game said Westry would be back in a couple of weeks. I haven't heard anything from the staff or on the Board unless I missed something. Does anyone have more information? Is he practicing and will he be ready to play in a couple weeks or is it expected to take a long time to ramp him up?

So the announcer in the Virginia game said Westry would be back in a couple of weeks. I haven't heard anything from the staff or on the Board unless I missed something. Does anyone have more information? Is he practicing and will he be ready to play in a couple weeks or is it expected to take a long time to ramp him up?
Back at practice is not the same as back in games. He specifically mentioned back at practice by the end of December.

Westry would take so much pressure off JJ.
A healthy and effective Westry would make whatever is going on with Benny Williams less painful to watch.

If, miraculously, Westry can hit the three at a good percentage, we might even have the great season I thought we might have back when my optimism over-runneth.

A healthy and effective Westry would make whatever is going on with Benny Williams less painful to watch.

If, miraculously, Westry can hit the three at a good percentage, we might even have the great season I thought we might have back when my optimism over-runneth.
Westry isn’t known for his shooting. But he will provide relief for JJ and Judah in the backcourt, especially since JJ has struggled so much. Chance is a good passer and playmaker and can definitely run the PG spot. I think we’ll have to continue to rely on Bell, Taylor and an improving Judah for 3-point shooting.

Westry isn’t known for his shooting. But he will provide relief for JJ and Judah in the backcourt, especially since JJ has struggled so much. Chance is a good passer and playmaker and can definitely run the PG spot. I think we’ll have to continue to rely on Bell, Taylor and an improving Judah for 3-point shooting.

Judah as a shooter improving is important for his game. That said he needs a true PG and Chance is more that than anyone else on the team. Right now JJ has to be Keith Langford for this team. He rebounds it well and is physical and fast to the rim.

Anyone have any insight on Westry’s injury? I know the school doesn’t disclose but this one seems to be a real mystery.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom