Chance Westry Transferring to Syracuse | Page 31 | Syracusefan.com

Chance Westry Transferring to Syracuse

He’s no doubt redshirting. Does anyone still think otherwise ?
It certainly seems that way, but realistically, assuming last year is granted a redshirt at Auburn a medical shirt this year extends his eligibility to 2028.
If he fully recovers and plays to his assumed potential, would he even still be here? Roster continuity can no longer be assumed. And if he doesn’t would we still want to tie up the scholarship?

If he can get to the point where he can contribute the last two weeks of the regular season and post season, I could see a case for playing him. Doubtful based on the calendar and what we have been led to believe, but not impossible

It would be cool to know what’s going on here. I get it, it’s not our info to know. I guess I have moved on mentally that this years team does not include chance. I don’t feel confident he sees the floor this season, how could we be?

I’m not sure why you redshirt. Westry is not sticking around for another four years. He’s going to have to get a waiver because he redshirted last year.

Its probably less about the year of eligibility and more about giving him the highest Chance at a full recovery. No lingering issues, bringing him along slowly and not rushing anything.

I’m not sure why you redshirt. Westry is not sticking around for another four years. He’s going to have to get a waiver because he redshirted last year.
He can't be in game shape anytime soon, and playing him could result in another injury.

Westry did not redshirt at Auburn. He just barely missed the cutoff, so unless he appeals and wins with respect to his Auburn year, he would be a Junior next year. I think he should redshirt.

Maybe he's not an NBA player but he becomes a really good college player who is a million a year NIL player?

I wouldn't want to throw away that possibility for ten games of trying to play catch up and mostly sitting the bench.

Bo Nix was a Heisman candidate and I'm sure getting paid really well as a 24 year old QB . Westry could be that kind of player at that age.

Maybe he's not an NBA player but he becomes a really good college player who is a million a year NIL player?

I wouldn't want to throw away that possibility for ten games of trying to play catch up and mostly sitting the bench.

Bo Nix was a Heisman candidate and I'm sure getting paid really well as a 24 year old QB . Westry could be that kind of player at that age.
We’re making a few big assumptions about a guy who has only seen the college hardwood for a total of 105 minutes

We’re making a few big assumptions about a guy who has only seen the college hardwood for a total of 105 minutes
If he has a 5% of being a star and making a million in nil, and we blow it for him so he can be 9th in a 8.5 player rotation, that really sucks. If he suddenly is a starter? Then ok.

Ohio State took away McCord's redshirt year so he could throw a few garbage time passes.

Don't be Ohio State

If he has a 5% of being a star and making a million in nil, and we blow it for him so he can be 9th in a 8.5 player rotation, that really sucks. If he suddenly is a starter? Then ok.

Ohio State took away McCord's redshirt year so he could throw a few garbage time passes.

Don't be Ohio State
I’m not talking about taking his red shirt, I’m talking about worrying that he will leave for the NBA early or end up a 7 figure NIL guy, those both seem a bit premature. Let’s make sure the kid can even play basketball again before we anoint him a star in waiting. That’ll just lead to disappointment.

Bummer he couldn't play this year but hopefully he'll give us a boost next year + Freeman

That thought occurred to me. If Westry doesn't play this year, essentially, he becomes part of next year's recruiting class with with Freeman and Moore. That's like three top 50 guys in one class. Now if we can get a stud center out of the portal...

That thought occurred to me. If Westry doesn't play this year, essentially, he becomes part of next year's recruiting class with with Freeman and Moore. That's like three top 50 guys in one class. Now if we can get a stud center out of the portal...
Don’t need a stud .. although that would be great. Just someone serviceable

Maybe a little better than that. And if he could be a Jr. that would be even better.
200.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom