Chance Westry Transferring to Syracuse | Page 33 | Syracusefan.com

Chance Westry Transferring to Syracuse

How's that to the benefit of Westry? If he's great he will go pro. If he's a 4A player he's going to want to maximize his amount of time in college to get the most NIL possible.
he'll be 22 next year...i dont get the idea of protecting him so he can play 3 more years instead of 2

is he really going to still wanna play ncabb until he's 25-26?

he's taking up a scholly, so if he can play he should imo

the team really needs him

IF he is healthy, of course

How's that to the benefit of Westry? If he's great he will go pro. If he's a 4A player he's going to want to maximize his amount of time in college to get the most NIL possible.
Yeah, I think folks forget the new NIL angle here. in the past, it was, get outta school and go make money overseas while you can. plus, color me an optimist but I'm excited about the prospects of a healthy, redshirt junior/senior Chance Westry

Last edited:
is that a rule? you cant debut after the midpoint?

people who judge a player who didnt perform whilst with a serious injury are clueless...

why would anyone use what chance did at auburn as their basis for what he could be in ncabb when he was never healthy there???? however he performed at auburn is 100% irrelevant
Do you listen to yourself? If what you said above is true, why do you repeatedly keep telling us you think he should play this year, especially if he would lose a year of, wait for it, NIL eligibility?

Do you listen to yourself? If what you said above is true, why do you repeatedly keep telling us you think he should play this year, especially if he would lose a year of, wait for it, NIL eligibility?
I’m not of the opinion he should play this year, but if he’s physically ready now, and gives us a few special moments to finish this year, isn’t there at least an argument that those moments can help him drive up his NIL offers for next year?

Just playing devils advocate.

ok great...he'll be a 22 year old sophomore next year then

what is he going to stay in college until he's 26?
Matthew Mcconaughey GIF

I’m not of the opinion he should play this year, but if he’s physically ready now, and gives us a few special moments to finish this year, isn’t there at least an argument that those moments can help him drive up his NIL offers for next year?

Just playing devils advocate.
also...staty too long on the sidelines and the timeline for getting back to "himself" could be longer as well

2 full years without playing and higher chance the 3rd is wasted getting back to speed

The AAAA reference might be obscure for non MLB fans.

It's a negative description for a prospect who tears up the highest level of the minors, AAA, but just isn't good enough for the major leagues.

The thing is, since in this metaphor Syracuse is the minor league team in question, this is exactly the kind of player we should be excited to have... A guy who is great in college playing four years for Syracuse because he lacks some quality the NBA looks for? Yes please!

We could definitely use 4 years of a Westry or Mintz or Brown who might never be able to play NBA minutes but could be championship good for us.

Think North Carolina's Bacot, but without the ugly blue jersey.

is that a rule? you cant debut after the midpoint?

people who judge a player who didnt perform whilst with a serious injury are clueless...

why would anyone use what chance did at auburn as their basis for what he could be in ncabb when he was never healthy there???? however he performed at auburn is 100% irrelevant

also...staty too long on the sidelines and the timeline for getting back to "himself" could be longer as well

2 full years without playing and higher chance the 3rd is wasted getting back to speed
You’re contradicting yourself.

You’re contradicting yourself.
no im not.

he was physically injured while trying to play at auburn and thus performed very poorly.

that was the reason he didnt play well.

some people use that performance at auburn as a worthy measure of his level of play...whch i disagree with.

IF he is healthy...then he should play now. maybe that would mean rust would limit his ability. maybe. i dont know.

but its a different issue.

i think playing now and shaking off the rust this season...could be better for his possible form next year.

how is that contradicting anything???

Hes rusty and not a great shooter you could ruin his confidence putting him in and then giving him the hook immediately if he makes a turnover.

Want him to back up Malik in case he gets in foul trouble over Carey? Probably the best way to use him hes tall enough I think.

All this nonsense about him being too old is ridiculous the G league pays nothing if he has a great year with us he can make a couple million in NIL from us or bag chasing those last 2 years.

This came up in another thread, but I have not seen him on the bench since Notre Dame. He has not been on the road and he wasn't at the Virginia Tech game either.

This came up in another thread, but I have not seen him on the bench since Notre Dame. He has not been on the road and he wasn't at the Virginia Tech game either.

Generally - injured players don’t travel to road games.

Now, not sure why he wouldn’t attend home games, if he hasn’t.

Generally - injured players don’t travel to road games.

Now, not sure why he wouldn’t attend home games, if he hasn’t.
He traveled to GT and NC State….

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom