Chandler Jones signs with Raiders | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Chandler Jones signs with Raiders

Seems they don't know where to play him as the Raiders post says OLB, but the one from him, with him in front of it says DE. Interesting.

And I know he plays all over, just funny that they would say both (and therefore neither)

Seems they don't know where to play him as the Raiders post says OLB, but the one from him, with him in front of it says DE. Interesting.

And I know he plays all over, just funny that they would say both (and therefore neither)
What kind of defense do they run?

These AFC teams are spending as if the league is going to end next year. The near Bengal miracle has everyone thinking "hey we can do it too".

These AFC teams are spending as if the league is going to end next year. The near Bengal miracle has everyone thinking "hey we can do it too".
NFL has always been a copycat league. I feel like there are a lot of teams that are now following the Rams blue print of spending and dealing picks.

On paper, the whole AFC West looks ridiculous.

Take it from a lifelong 58 year Cardinal fan……..even though Chandler can still be disruptive, he’s just a shell of himself. He’s nowhere near worthy of the money that the moron Raiders are going to pay him.

Take it from a lifelong 58 year Cardinal fan……..even though Chandler can still be disruptive, he’s just a shell of himself. He’s nowhere near worthy of the money that the moron Raiders are going to pay him.
A shell of himself? Wow.

I disagree. Maybe your issue is the fact he’s not with AZ anymore.

Jones is more than just disruptive. The Raiders would not have given him the money they did if he was only just disruptive.

A shell of himself? Wow.

I disagree. Maybe your issue is the fact he’s not with AZ anymore.

Jones is more than just disruptive. The Raiders would not have given him the money they did if he was only just disruptive.
First of all, I’m a huge CJ fan. And I’m not all bitter about him leaving the Cardinals as the Raiders are my 2nd favorite team. All I’m saying is that CJ hasn’t been his demon self in 3 years. In 2020 he blew out a bicep in week 5 & prior to that he was pretty silent. Last year he had 5 sacks in the opener against TN. Granted, it was against a LT who was coming off a blown knee & wasn’t ready to play yet. After the opener, the Cardinal board I’m on were begging for the Cardinals to extend him. Thank God they didn’t. As I said, he can still be disruptive, but he was very poor against the run & his production dropped off dramatically after the opener.

So, what makes you think that the Raiders wouldn’t pay big money for a guy past his prime? Teams do it EVERY year. CJ has ALWAYS come into camp in tip top shape, and I would expect no less this year. I think a change of scenery will help early on. But, the Cardinals were a very good team last year, and he didn’t help them much down the stretch when they needed him. I hope he does really well, but don’t count on seeing the same guy that terrorized the NFL for the last decade.

First of all, I’m a huge CJ fan. And I’m not all bitter about him leaving the Cardinals as the Raiders are my 2nd favorite team. All I’m saying is that CJ hasn’t been his demon self in 3 years. In 2020 he blew out a bicep in week 5 & prior to that he was pretty silent. Last year he had 5 sacks in the opener against TN. Granted, it was against a LT who was coming off a blown knee & wasn’t ready to play yet. After the opener, the Cardinal board I’m on were begging for the Cardinals to extend him. Thank God they didn’t. As I said, he can still be disruptive, but he was very poor against the run & his production dropped off dramatically after the opener.

So, what makes you think that the Raiders wouldn’t pay big money for a guy past his prime? Teams do it EVERY year. CJ has ALWAYS come into camp in tip top shape, and I would expect no less this year. I think a change of scenery will help early on. But, the Cardinals were a very good team last year, and he didn’t help them much down the stretch when they needed him. I hope he does really well, but don’t count on seeing the same guy that terrorized the NFL for the last decade.

PASyrFan:

I think your right. After thinking it over and reading what you had to say, I guess we'll have to wait and see what he brings to Las Vegas.

He's been so great though I think that affected my post. I never finished my post to you on CJ had UPS delivery and looked at this just now. I had to look back to see what he's accomplished. He's been great.Ten years and still pretty good.

What a career:

Career NFL statistics as of 2021
Career highlights and awards
Career history
High school:Union-Endicott (Endicott, New York)
College:Syracuse (2008–2011)
NFL Draft:2012 / Round: 1 / Pick: 21
Roster status:Active

NFL has always been a copycat league. I feel like there are a lot of teams that are now following the Rams blue print of spending and dealing picks.

On paper, the whole AFC West looks ridiculous.
The AFC West does look ridiculously strong. I agree. Copycat league. Every team...based on cap situation too... is following Rams blueprint. Throw everything and kitchen sink towards maybe two year window at winning Super Bowl. May best team win.

I don't particularly like it. I respect what Patriots did with continued excellence. The long continuity. But that was cause of Brady/Belichick for 20 years together. Hard to duplicate best player/ best coach/20 years...especially with salaries out of control now. Now Brady is gone. So it seems like teams are really going all out...I mean crazy all out attempts...to win SB right now...the goals of building winning organizations of continuity with 5 year plans have just been dropped. Win now..today!

Chargers OL is a train wreck & they were missing multiple starters. Chandler’s career is over. Raiders spent way, way too much money for him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom