Charles Barkley | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Charles Barkley

Kept saying how easy the zone is to play against...yet 2 of the better scoring teams in the country (80+/g) were both held under 60...crickets

Well I imagine Charles Barkley knows a hell of a lot more about basketball than the dude with the fro-mullet or the ASU player who flops all the time. He's a hall of famer who knows exactly how to exploit a zone. So it's no wonder that he'd find it easier than a bunch of mediocre college players.

Kept saying how easy the zone is to play against...yet 2 of the better scoring teams in the country (80+/g) were both held under 60...crickets

Warning - this is a rant. Do not read if you are easily offended.

Not that I was paying much attention to the TV, but my take is that he was saying that it would be easy for him to play against the zone, or by implication, skilled players can exploit the zone. In essence, he was putting down the skill level of today's college players, and he is right. Good players no longer stick around. A young Barkley would be a one and done. He certainly knows that our zone is shutting teams down. Don't be so quick to assume that he is an idiot who does not know that our zone is working.

People looking to take cheap shots will not find it hard to do so. It is so easy to do that 'fake news' is now part of everyone's vocab. Just last week, most major news channels reported in ominous tones that Trump wants to be President for life. Their claim was a purposeful misreporting of a joke that Trump made about the Chinese President. It drew a big laugh from the audience when he made the joke.

In the old days there was an admonition that everyone knew, 'thou shall not bear false witness'. Whether it is a defensive Cuse fan or a defensive reporter, too many people are too easily offended now-a-days. Micro-aggression and safe spaces are all the rage. The offended feel justified to twist the narrative in order to prove their victimization. I like JB and Barley because they tell it like it is rather than being politically correct.

It's just bad entertainment. Outside of the really bad basketball played so far is that we have too many TV people that didn't cover the sport for the last six months giving us commentary. And the suits at CBS / Turner whatever feel like they can get away with putting their NBA guys out there to discuss a completely different sport.

Imagine turning on the NFL playoffs and watching Kirk Herbstreit talk about Drew Brees.

Not that I was paying much attention to the TV, but my take is that he was saying that it would be easy for him to play against the zone, or by implication, skilled players can exploit the zone. In essence, he was putting down the skill level of today's college players, and he is right. Good players no longer stick around. A young Barkley would be a one and done. He certainly knows that our zone is shutting teams down. Don't be so quick to assume that he is an idiot who does not know that our zone is working.

People looking to take cheap shots will not find it hard to do so. It is so easy to do that 'fake news' is now part of everyone's vocab. Just last week, most major news channels reported in ominous tones that Trump wants to be President for life. Their claim was a purposeful misreporting of a joke that Trump made about the Chinese President. It drew a big laugh from the audience when he made the joke.

In the old days there was an admonition that everyone knew, 'thou shall not bear false witness'. Whether it is a defensive Cuse fan or a defensive reporter, too many people are too easily offended now-a-days. Micro-aggression and safe spaces are all the rage. The offended feel justified to twist the narrative in order to prove their victimization. I like JB and Barley because they tell it like it is rather than being politically correct.
Charles couldn't have gone pro after frosh year. He was fat. Really fat.

lol, dude...

Does not change my point one iota

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom