Class of 2018 - Chase Scanlan (NY: Silver Creek / IMG) Mid Transfer from Loyola to Syracuse | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2018 Chase Scanlan (NY: Silver Creek / IMG) Mid Transfer from Loyola to Syracuse

Important quote:

At one point he called Virginia the “front-runner,” and identified Syracuse as an option in part because of its Haudenosaunee Promise Scholarship for Native Americans, which would fully cover tuition and other costs.

New starting 6 next year

Attack
Rehfuss
Scanlan
Cook

Midfield
Trimbo
Curry
Dordevic/Buttermore
Could be the best offense in the country if Cook takes the next step. I'd have to imagine though that we'll see one or two guys transfer out as Scanlan is probably guaranteed a starting spot.

Hugeeee get and step forward for the program as this kid is the real deal. I love the 2nd tweet just as much as the first-the only missing piece to the offense is that alpha from X, and this kid can be that and then some. The scary part is last year he put up crazy numbers in a system that was not ideal for him, and an offense that ran through Spencer the majority of the time

I think perhaps the greatest benefit of getting Scanlan is reminding the lacrosse world what the Syracuse #22 means. All the headlines on the lacrosse blogosphere are highlighting the fact that Scanlan is getting the famous number. I love it.

I think perhaps the greatest benefit of getting Scanlan is reminding the lacrosse world what the Syracuse #22 means. All the headlines on the lacrosse blogosphere are highlighting the fact that Scanlan is getting the famous number. I love it.

Feel free to link some of those

Could be the best offense in the country if Cook takes the next step. I'd have to imagine though that we'll see one or two guys transfer out as Scanlan is probably guaranteed a starting spot.
I've got to see more from Cook, am not sold on him yet. Hope he can take a BIG step up. Buttermore on attack (kid is real good and tough)?

Very positive development but I would caution against irrational exuberance and remind all that Cuse lax success is not affected by U.S.-China trade negotiations.

I've got to see more from Cook, am not sold on him yet. Hope he can take a BIG step up. Buttermore on attack (kid is real good and tough)?
I feel the same way. Keep in mind though that when Solomon was a freshman he only scored 3 points, I think we have to be patient. Obviously there was different players and Cook, I think, had more playing time his freshman year.

Buttermore has both hands and did have a couple nice moves from x on inverts last season, but his best quality is his insane long range shooting, which attack would limit. I would put others before him if we still need to move someone down.

I feel the same way. Keep in mind though that when Solomon was a freshman he only scored 3 points, I think we have to be patient. Obviously there was different players and Cook, I think, had more playing time his freshman year.
Difference is team has a surplus of talented young big mids allowing a speedy player ie Curry to shift down. Question that could rise is if the team is better with Cook playing or players such as Buttermore, Fiorini, Kim, Magnan playing more.

Difference is team has a surplus of talented young big mids allowing a speedy player ie Curry to shift down. Question that could rise is if the team is better with Cook playing or players such as Buttermore, Fiorini, Kim, Magnan playing more.

Play them all. Lean into the depth, loosen the leash on the midfield.

We're on a mission from Desko.

At the very (very very VERY) least we have an excellent replacement for Voigt in Scanlan. Just watching his highlights he has a similar knack for finding the net in off ball situations. Insane wrist strength, able to easily fake out goalies, using his body to be deceptive, he has everything you need in when it comes to finishing. On top of that (unlike with voigt) you put a shorty on him and you are toast! He is an extremely confident dodger who only needs an inch of space to score. Add Rehfuss, Trimboli, curry and dordevic to the mix... hard to not smile thinking about it folks.

At the very (very very VERY) least we have an excellent replacement for Voigt in Scanlan. Just watching his highlights he has a similar knack for finding the net in off ball situations. Insane wrist strength, able to easily fake out goalies, using his body to be deceptive, he has everything you need in when it comes to finishing. On top of that (unlike with voigt) you put a shorty on him and you are toast! He is an extremely confident dodger who only needs an inch of space to score. Add Rehfuss, Trimboli, curry and dordevic to the mix... hard to not smile thinking about it folks.
55E7941A-F34A-4E6C-B794-42D836171457.gif

Chase adds an element to the game that the defense has to account for. HAS TO. Everyone on offense just got better for that reason. And with Tucker coming back...

No we just gave him 22 to ride the pine.

I think for the first time since 09 I’m feeling Bliss? :cool:
Option options and options on attack.

2 guarantees Scanlan and Rehfuss

I think one could still see Dordevic moving down. If Cook makes a jump maybe he’s the guy but I don’t think Cook will be a better offensive player than Buttermore and if we go best 6 that leaves him out.

Anyways doesn’t matter I’m happy and more happy about this