Chase Scanlan suspended indefinitely | Page 22 | Syracusefan.com

Chase Scanlan suspended indefinitely

Is that fact?, or just some innuendo and speculation. I don't know for a fact that all the captains and team members are for or against anything.
I mean its been reported, and without going down a slippery slope here, I still believe most mainstream sports stories at face value

That being said, i'm ready to step back and see what happens next. I dont think going back and forth around the details has much value at this point. i am going to hold out hope SU does the right thing, preferably sooner than later

Last edited:
And they shouldn’t be. Mandating a fair process isn’t anti anyone.

The new process works in higher ed. Complaints involve adults. Colleges/universities have a lot of infrastructure, money, etc. The process is completely unworkable at a K-12 level, where it also applies.

It's also a problem in New York at the employee level where State sexual harassment laws are extremely liberal, and are also applicable. Someone could commit harassing behavior under NY law, that doesn't rise to the level under federal law.

A title 9 complaint is to the university (campus security) the criminal complaint is to the police of the jurisdiction (SPD) the complaint to the police can be withdrawn but the title 9 complaint HAS to be adjudicated by the university .

V b. B. /. V v v. V. ;

why would that be? If more facts come out then the conclusion changes.

what does that picture by itself prove?
Only proves media is getting desperate looks like there 2ft between studs and 1/8 inch drywall that would make it so weak wouldn't take much pressure to break that's why hole so big. impact is where its broken alot down low big hole because made as cheap as possible.

Only proves media is getting desperate looks like there 2ft between studs and 1/8 inch drywall that would make it so weak wouldn't take much pressure to break that's why hole so big. impact is where its broken alot down low big hole because made as cheap as possible.
Let’s not do this on a public forum. Your avatar & posting history would suggest a biased opinion. Let’s let things play out instead of over-analyzing wall photos & suggesting conspiracy.

I want to stay out of this, because most of the discussion is blather. All sexual abuse complaints should be immediately reported to and investigated by the police not the universities. Universities should be legally compelled to report all of them to the police. Think the Roman Catholic churches and the hundreds of thousands of abuse cases handled by the Catholic hierarchy. Remember Jim Jordan at Ohio State. The hundreds of UCLA athletes. Please let's drop the conjectures and incompetent analyses.

It just make no sense to put a picture of a hole in
Let’s not do this on a public forum. Your avatar & posting history would suggest a biased opinion. Let’s let things play out instead of over-analyzing wall photos & suggesting conspiracy.
I'm just saying media dont want to let this go. And play out in a complete investigation. They want to pour gas on the fire and keep it hot for them. Yes we all want to know the truth we all have are opinions but we do not really know what occurred. And making a story of a hole in a wall is just proof of that. They dont care about nothing but ratings. There job is to keep you fired up and break out your pitch forks. If it comes out he did nothing there will be no apology. But if it comes out he did do something he should get what he deserves

You certainly have an interesting schtick. Bless your heart.

that adds a substantial layer of complexity to the whole thing
I’m surprised more posters here don’t appreciate that, but I’m pretty sure SU’s administration does.

It just make no sense to put a picture of a hole in
I'm just saying media dont want to let this go. And play out in a complete investigation. They want to pour gas on the fire and keep it hot for them. Yes we all want to know the truth we all have are opinions but we do not really know what occurred. And making a story of a hole in a wall is just proof of that. They dont care about nothing but ratings. There job is to keep you fired up and break out your pitch forks. If it comes out he did nothing there will be no apology. But if it comes out he did do something he should get what he deserves
Seems to me the posters on this board are the ones who don't want to let this go and are pouring gas on the fire.

I’m hearing that the victim may be on the women’s lax team. If so , the men’s and women’s teams hang out together , party together , support each other , date each other etc ...thus very likely why the guys were going to walk out of practice - they all talk, know what’s going on - it’s a “fraternity “ ..- there’s a lot more to this than a picture of a busted wall

I'd suggest reading the comments on the instagram account washeduplaxbros under the post about him which is a recent one, make sure to expand all comments because a lot of the stuff is replies to other comments. The allegations are gross but please keep in mind he is innocent until proven guilty.

I’m hearing that the victim may be on the women’s lax team. If so , the men’s and women’s teams hang out together , party together , support each other , date each other etc ...thus very likely why the guys were going to walk out of practice - they all talk, know what’s going on - it’s a “fraternity “ ..- there’s a lot more to this than a picture of a busted wall
Might be a reason why the team has such a high conviction. They would likely know the victim.

The victim is on the women's lacrosse team. Obviously don't want to give specifics on who it is, but 100% on the lax team.

According to Jovan Miller's Instagram stories (what a way to get information in this day and age), because of Title 9, the accused is basically able to appeal the accusations against themselves, and in the meantime is able to practice while the investigation is undertaken. Maybe that was clear to other people on this board, but I hadn't seen anything laid out as simply as that. If that is true, it helped me understand why he was reinstated so quickly.

According to Jovan Miller's Instagram stories (what a way to get information in this day and age), because of Title 9, the accused is basically able to appeal the accusations against themselves, and in the meantime is able to practice while the investigation is undertaken. Maybe that was clear to other people on this board, but I hadn't seen anything laid out as simply as that. If that is true, it helped me understand why he was reinstated so quickly.
This is accurate. It's why you see the team standing behind Desko. This isn't a decision made to "win," games. There is a process that needs to be followed and procedures that must happen.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom