Chase Scanlan suspended indefinitely | Page 17 | Syracusefan.com

Chase Scanlan suspended indefinitely

I tried to tell you guys he wasn't gonna say jack.
I wish he said jack. He said nothing but the worst things. I reinstated him not the admin following procedure or something like that. I have not called for another suspension or dismissal (even after my entire team threatened to boycott practice out of a belief that the allegations are true and there is an ongoing investigation with the freaking DA). I even for no freaking reason have this guy who my entire team hates once again practicing with the team on the same field for a game that he will not be playing in, which has created a wonderful team dynamic amongst the boys. My palm is glued to my face.

A lot of H0T Takes here from crises comms and legal experts. Whether mistakes were made or not (by Desko or AD), there are issues with divulging personal information. Just cause local media wants to know, doesn't mean they need to know. Baring a situation where students or campus face safety issues, not sure what there is to say.

Desko needs to keep his team together. The AD, DPS and AG need to figure out what happened between two adults.
This is exactly right. SU has nothing to gain and lots to lose by divulging personal information before any investigation(s) are complete. Desko was clearly following the law (FERPA) and SU orders by declining to do so.

I have no inside information, but sometimes, in domestic violence cases, the victim either refuses to give information or recants after doing so. If that happened in this case, on what basis would SU or the team impose discipline on the accused? Note that, according to this news article, "Scanlan was not charged with any crime by campus Department of Public Safety and the university quickly reinstated him to the team." I wonder if that's what is going on here.

Last edited:
I wish he said jack. He said nothing but the worst things. I reinstated him not the admin following procedure or something like that. I have not called for another suspension or dismissal (even after my entire team threatened to boycott practice out of a belief that the allegations are true and there is an ongoing investigation with the freaking DA). I even for no freaking reason have this guy who my entire team hates once again practicing with the team on the same field for a game that he will not be playing in, which has created a wonderful team dynamic amongst the boys. My palm is glued to my face.

Ya brutal PC from what I listened to so far. You have to know your gonna get mostly questions about Chase, referring to an opening statement isn't going to work. The practice aspect is interesting, if he truly is back I would have to think the team relented and or allowed him back, I think its unlikely Desko forced the team to accept him back into the fold. They were supposed to meet last night, perhaps they were able to work some stuff out.

Ya brutal PC from what I listened to so far. You have to know your gonna get mostly questions about Chase, referring to an opening statement isn't going to work. The practice aspect is interesting, if he truly is back I would have to think the team relented and or allowed him back, I think its unlikely Desko forced the team to accept him back into the fold. They were supposed to meet last night, perhaps they were able to work some stuff out.

Yeah something's def off here either the report of what he did and the team wanting him gone was a bit premature or I don't know what happened since yesterday because like you said I can't imagine Desko forcing this if the team was steadfast against it.

No, he is doing what he has to do right now. Players understand that and support Desko but nothing has changed in regards to other.
Not at all

1619642060197.png

Yeah something's def off here either the report of what he did and the team wanting him gone was a bit premature or I don't know what happened since yesterday because like you said I can't imagine Desko forcing this if the team was steadfast against it.

If I had to guess the initial rumor story was that something very serious occurred ie a DV incident where a woman was struck or assaulted. Based on the suspension being only 10 days I believe that this was unlikely as I can see no scenario where he would be let back in if that remotely occurred (which I agree with). I think Chase may have explained his side of what occurred to the team captains yesterday and its possible they took it at face value or believed him and the team allowed him back. Again this conjecture but seems the most plausible scenario and why its so confusing to allow him back so soon and definitively by Desko.

If I had to guess the initial rumor story was that something very serious occurred ie a DV incident where a woman was struck or assaulted. Based on the suspension being only 10 days I believe that this was unlikely as I can see no scenario where he would be let back in if that remotely occurred (which I agree with). I think Chase may have explained his side of what occurred to the team captains yesterday and its possible they took it at face value or believed him and the team allowed him back. Again this conjecture but seems the most plausible scenario and why its so confusing to allow him back so soon and definitively by Desko.
Dont guess

There is zero reason for the suspension to be anything but firmly in place during this time. Zero zero zero. I see no way this ends with Desko in the right for reinstating him when he did, even if Chase ends up 100% innocent.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom