Chaz Owens in Transfer Portal | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Chaz Owens in Transfer Portal

He and Bender can run through the halls singing “I wanna be an airborne ranger!”

paul-gleason.jpg

I must be missing something, how can you transfer from a 4 year college to a junior college?
As long as he is not at JUCO because he didn't qualify out of high school, a guy can transfer to JUCO and then back to Division 1 without sitting out a season.

As long as he is not at JUCO because he didn't qualify out of high school, a guy can transfer to JUCO and then back to Division 1 without sitting out a season.

I don't think that's what makes it odd. I'm trying to avoid being cruel, but is this kid getting any practical guidance with respect to his situation (i have no insight into whatever that situation is)?

Who knows, maybe he always wanted to earn a certificate in cosmetology operation? I don't think that is a program offered at SU.

I don't think that's what makes it odd. I'm trying to avoid being cruel, but is this kid getting any practical guidance with respect to his situation (i have no insight into whatever that situation is)?

Who knows, maybe he always wanted to earn a certificate in cosmetology operation? I don't think that is a program offered at SU.

He has 2 years - probably closer to 3 - of credits at Syracuse. He can always go back to a 4 year school for a few semesters to finish whatever degree he was working on. This gives him the opportunity to actually play basketball a little bit longer.

Last edited:
He has 2 years - probably closer to 3 - of credits at Syracuse. He can always go back to a 4 year school for a few semesters to finish whatever degree he was working on. This gives him the opportunity to actually play basketball a little bit longer.

That's a fair point. And also, how many colleges have a Rodeo team?

Have to believe he was guaranteed a starting spot and wants to give it his all to show D1 programs that he has game. And he should follow his dream and not be deterred by skeptics and naysayers. Prove them all wrong Chaz.

Have to believe he was guaranteed a starting spot and wants to give it his all to show D1 programs that he has game. And he should follow his dream and not be deterred by skeptics and naysayers. Prove them all wrong Chaz.
And if all else fails, he'll still inherit some of his dad's money. :)

And if all else fails, he'll still inherit some of his dad's money. :)
Seems like his day is behind him and probably talked to some knowledgeable basketball people about the plan.

Dumb question. I thought JUCOs were for only freshman and sophomores. Doesn’t Chaz have 2 years in academically? Is he going there just to play basketball and take some classes to stay eligible rather than have them count and transfer credits towards a degree? Is it just a year to play and then transfer back to a 4 year school without losing a year of eligibility?

Welcome back.

I wonder why they wouldn't have sought to drop down a level. He could start / be a very good player at a smaller conference, or even Division 2. Wouldn't that make more sense than going JUCO hoping to garner more high major D1 interest?

He’s going to light it up!!! I’m referring to the gonga of course

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom