Chris Ash thread... | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Chris Ash thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey if you like watching the punt team it'll be a good hire.

Upstate said:
Man, this board has really gone down hill in the last few weeks.

Some people don't know how to be critical without going all 13 year old. It happened when we waited for Shafer to be fired now it's happening while we wait for someone to be hired.

Serious question to the pseudo-environmental group "Concerned Citizens against White Ash":

Who would be an offensive coordinator that he could bring in which would assuage your fears with the defensive head coach hire?

Serious question to the pseudo-environmental group "Concerned Citizens against White Ash":

Who would be an offensive coordinator that he could bring in which would assuage your fears with the defensive head coach hire?

That's the rub. It seems like we only have enough $$ to bring in a very good/top Coordinator for HC. There won't be much leftover for top shelf OCs. Not that any would come to Syracuse just to be the OC. We might get fortunate and land an up-and-comer who strikes gold here with his offense, but the odds of that happening are slim.

Essentially we only have enough resources to be an offensively minded team, or a defensively minded team. This town has had it's fill of the latter.

After researching who this guy is and what he brings to the table I feel pretty good about Chris Ash. He was a finalist for the Colorado State job last year and his name had been mentioned with the Iowa State job and the Virginia opening.

Narduzzi had a pretty good 1st year at Pitt...so a Big 10 DC that was hired by Urban Meyer and is credited with helping Buckeys get over the hump and win a title may not be a bad way to go.

That's the rub. It seems like we only have enough $$ to bring in a very good/top Coordinator for HC. There won't be much leftover for top shelf OCs. Not that any would come to Syracuse just to be the OC. We might get fortunate and land an up-and-comer who strikes gold here with his offense, but the odds of that happening are slim.

Essentially we only have enough resources to be an offensively minded team, or a defensively minded team. This town has had it's fill of the latter.
This!

How many posters are ADs?

Just asking.
My dad was a college AD for a lot of years and my direct boss is a college AD, that counts for at least a little, right?

(Just saying, I've seen behind the curtains with what goes on with ADs, though obviously not at the level of Syracuse)

rrlbees said:
Some people don't know how to be critical without going all 13 year old. It happened when we waited for Shafer to be fired now it's happening while we wait for someone to be hired.

The site is getting tons of traffic and banner ads are being served. I would think the mods are ecstatic with how the board is going. :)

I think that he is a great mind because with the same players in the secondary he made significant improvements in their national title season. Also If Urban Meyer thinks he is good then I trust his opinion over yours. And not for nothing but people who use Jesus in that context really piss me off.

This thread is awesome. There are complete meltdowns occurring at a level I thought only the hoops board could have. There are fans getting ready to mail in their tix based upon a rumor / tweet. Love it.

:eat popcorn:
It might devolve into personal attacks before the night is out. I've only refreshed about 10000 times

Scooch said:
The site is getting tons of traffic and banner ads are being served. I would think the mods are ecstatic with how the board is going. :)

It is possible to have both you know.

It might devolve into personal attacks before the night is out. I've only refreshed about 10000 times
We can always expedite that process if anyone needs to get to bed soon, you stinking jerk.

I don't disagree with any of this, but I am holding out hope we open up the checkbook more for assistant this time around. Silly me? Hope not!

Frost???

Can he recruit? Can he recruit? Can he recruit? Can he recruit? Can he recruit? Can he recruit? Can he recruit? Can he recruit? Can he recruit? Can he recruit? Can he recruit? Can he recruit? Can he recruit?

We can always expedite that process if anyone needs to get to bed soon, you stinking jerk.
Thanks I need to get to bed, can't wait to wake up to the board being on fire couchburn

This thread is awesome. There are complete meltdowns occurring at a level I thought only the hoops board could have. There are fans getting ready to mail in their tix based upon a rumor / tweet. Love it.

:eat popcorn:

What do you mean? Like...

"Chris Ash can kiss my ash"
"I'm divorcing my wife and moving to Northern Quebec if he gets hired"
"We cannot possibly hire a Co-DC!!! He clearly still sleeps in his mom's basement"
"Mark Coyle is an absolute slob and has no clue what he's doing"
"I just cancelled my season tickets and plan on filing a civil suit against the AD"
"I love lamp"

;)

What do you mean? Like...

"Chris Ash can kiss my ash"
"I'm divorcing my wife and moving to Northern Quebec if he gets hired"
"We cannot possibly hire a Co-DC!!! He clearly still sleeps in his mom's basement"
"Mark Coyle is an absolute slob and has no clue what he's doing"
"I just cancelled my season tickets and plan on filing a civil suit against the AD"
"I love lamp"

;)
I'm just waiting for a "Thanks Obama" and then I think we can call it a night.

Just read discussions are on going with Frost, however it seems negotiations are really being pushed by his agent making an agreement difficult. As such, Coyle turned to Ash for leverage.

Status
Not open for further replies.