Chris Ash thread... | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Chris Ash thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.
They better leave 900k for an OC and not being overpaying for this goof. Doesn't seem like anyone is knocking down his door to be a HC. Just such a bad hire if true.

I hate narduzzi, his teams are boring and he whines like a 6 year old girl.

Defense is dead just like disco.

Kind of struggling with why it's only possible to have a dynamic offense if your HC brings it. He's perfectly capable of hiring an OC to bring that type of offense into the dome if that's the directive he's given.

I am the first one to say fire Shafer, but even I'm skeptical now that it was the wrong decision. If we're hiring some no-name assistant defensive coordinator that does NOT instill any excitement in the fanbase or recruits, then why the hell did we fire Shafer?? Maryland is now in talks with Richt, VT got Fuentes, ISU gets Campbell... these are schools that we compete against with for recruits. If we bail on the progress that this staff made in recruiting and installing a system to hire Chris Ash?!? I don't know what.
Somehow I feel like I've known you forever.

Newsflash to Coyle or whomever from the AD reads this board DO NOT HIRE CHRIS ASH.

Kind of struggling with why it's only possible to have a dynamic offense if your HC brings it. He's perfectly capable of hiring an OC to bring that type of offense into the dome if that's the directive he's given.
Well, if you're going to bring LOGIC into the discussion... :rolleyes:

Defensive first guys don't want to play in shootouts therefore they don't bring wide open spread offenses with then.

tep624 said:

If it needs to be a directive that's a problem.

I still think hiring this guy is far fetched, by the way,

What is the upside with another blockhead like this? What uconn has with diaco or bc with Addazio, white knuckling your way to 6-6 / 7-5 in the good years. 17-13 rock fights. Zero offense.

Oh wait, BC has the 7th best d in country and went 3-9.

Shoot me.

Addazio was an OC at Florida prior to getting the HC gig at Temple. That's the scary part for eagles fans.

I'm beginning to think that this was leaked just to soften the blow for who we really hired. Something akin to telling your parents that you got somebody pregnant, then saying, "just kidding! However, I did fail out of school."

Do people understand this guy might be the best defensive mind in college football right now. If he could bring Larry Johnson I will sign up. How did Pitt do with Narduzzi this year? Sorry Millhouse and IB.

Larry Johnson is 63 years old BTW

Wait what best defensive mind in college football is only a co coordinator? Best defensive mind blah.
He is a co in title only. Meyer didn't want to lose Fickell. Urban Meyer could have gotten any defensive guy in the country and this is who he picked. Also Frost isn't going to excited the fan base either. BTW I don't think Ash will get the job.

Will somebody please just lie to me and tell me that this is impossible? I am getting irrationally mad at this possibility, and it hasn't even been confirmed yet.

What the f&#k is a Drake? (Besides the rapper obviously).

The funny thing for me in this thread is that while I would prefer Frost/Sanford/Montgomery, Ash is a huge step above what we had in Shafer...like light years. This guy is one of the top defensive coaches in the country, possibly one of/if not the top secondary coach in the country and a rising star. Don't let the co-coordinator title fool you; he is largely responsible for fixing the defense for OSU last year. Push comes to shove, Ash is the better coach.

Not all defensive guys are meathead cementheads.

This guy is younger, from Urban, so it's hopeful.

No he is full blockhead. Just watched interviews with him. Meat head for sure. Lives for long walks on the beach, time with his family, rock fights, punting on 4th down and ball control. Too young for ear hair though.

What he is though -- is good at stopping the pass.

Status
Not open for further replies.