Chris Bell officially returning | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Chris Bell officially returning

I predict Chris will have an excellent season, put his name in the NBA draft, and this board will absolutely lose its sheet over hoping he comes back for a senior season.
I agree with you. I think Red has cleared the distractions and let Bell know that he can make it to the NBA, if he puts in the work and rounds out his game. He has the elite skill and he has the athleticism. Now, he just has to put in the effort in both practice and in games.

I want to see Bell have at least one look per game he tries to CJ-fair murder the rim with a dunk

I just want to see a team hit the floor that we all sit there just a bit floored with how good they look after we spent 8 months being frustrated with how the roster may look. Paired with hearing nothing but good news on the health front and more 2025 commits. Let’s get some of that sauce back we had up through 2014.

I predict Chris will have an excellent season, put his name in the NBA draft, and this board will absolutely lose its sheet over hoping he comes back for a senior season.
Oh this is absolutely all happening.

I predicted his freshman year when everyone was super down on him that he's the dark horse NBA player in the 6-man class because he has the skill they value the most, so I'm hoping it happens so I can dig up the post and feel brilliant for a few minutes.

Since everyone wants to make the posts to bump...I predict he'll be similar to the player we've seen the last couple of years. Great shooter, disappointing rebounder, poor defender. PPG will go up 4-6. He'll win a couple games alone on his shooting and be benched for Davis in others when he can't rebound.

Overall, happy he's back and hope I'm wrong and he kills it.

Since everyone wants to make the posts to bump...I predict he'll be similar to the player we've seen the last couple of years. Great shooter, disappointing rebounder, poor defender. PPG will go up 4-6. He'll win a couple games alone on his shooting and be benched for Davis in others when he can't rebound.

Fair assessment. I’m hopeful not predicting that having much more experience and stability around him gets him to be much more the player we hope he would be and that he needs to be to have aspirations playing professionally in this country.

The move at :22 is a travel. I don’t care. Now get off my lawn & pull your trousers up, you meddling kids!

I’m excited to see Chris’ development & maturity as an upperclassmen this year, not just physically & in his game/skillset but emotionally as a leader as well.
Even NBA refs would have a hard time not calling that

This is what I see sadly.

There's a good chance you are correct that he stays the same or improve slightly in other areas of his game that you mentioned. The most important area that he will need to improve in to be seen as an elite shooter, is to move off the ball and off screens instead of just hanging out in a corner. If he can knock down shots off movement/screens, he is a first rounder.

There's a good chance you are correct that he stays the same or improve slightly in other areas of his game that you mentioned. The most important area that he will need to improve in to be seen as an elite shooter, is to move off the ball and off screens instead of just hanging out in a corner. If he can knock down shots off movement/screens, he is a first rounder.
For him to become a first rounder, he’ll need to play defense, period. They aren’t drafting someone who can just shoot. everyone in the nba can shoot. Best example being Buddy who has been shooting insane numbers in g league with one of the quickest releases I’ve seen and he’s barely getting pity mins with the worst franchise in the league. Not crapping on Buddy, it’s amazing he’s at this point, but they aren’t going to play someone who can’t play D. They’ll be targeted. Hell we’re seeing in the finals with one of the best players in the world

For him to become a first rounder, he’ll need to play defense, period. They aren’t drafting someone who can just shoot. everyone in the nba can shoot. Best example being Buddy who has been shooting insane numbers in g league with one of the quickest releases I’ve seen and he’s barely getting pity mins with the worst franchise in the league. Not crapping on Buddy, it’s amazing he’s at this point, but they aren’t going to play someone who can’t play D. They’ll be targeted. Hell we’re seeing in the finals with one of the best players in the world
ask buddy.

I see your point, but unlike Buddy, Bell is very athletic and has the "potential" to defend.

I'm not going to sit here and let you blast J Brown.

Did you watch Luca Doncic last night? The guy is getting shredded by his unwillingness to attempt to guard anyone. I think he was drafted pretty high. If you have an elite skill, the NBA overlooks a lot of warts.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diamondmakr

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom