Chris Bell officially returning | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Chris Bell officially returning

You cannot be comparing Chris Bell with Luka Doncic.

I've seen it all.

Wow.
8teldy.jpg

I’m not comparing Bell to anyone. You said you won’t be drafted in the first round without playing defense. That’s not an accurate statement.

I’m not comparing Bell to anyone. You said you won’t be drafted in the first round without playing defense. That’s not an accurate statement.
Did you watch Luka play defense when he was THE EURO LEAGUE MVP at age 19.

jfc.

Did you watch Luca Doncic last night? The guy is getting shredded by his unwillingness to attempt to guard anyone. I think he was drafted pretty high. If you have an elite skill, the NBA overlooks a lot of warts.
To be more accurate, Doncic has several elite skills.

Luka was not seen as a bad defender in his young Euroleague days that I recall. Chris is seen as a bad defender at the college level right now. He needs to get to being a mediocre to plus defender at minimum at this level. Euroleague is a higher level than college.

Good defenders in college don’t always translate to the NBA. Not a worthwhile comparison even if it’s just using an example.

He said “HE” needs to play defense. As in Chris Bell. Not players in general. Bell does one thing well. Other players do multiple things well. Doncic, for example, can dribble, pass, score from anywhere, argue with the refs, talk trash to fans and players alike, eat, exaggerate injuries, and throw his teammates under the bus. All at an elite level.

If Bell evolves into a true 3&D guy, he’ll get drafted in the first round.

Last edited:
If Chris Bell is a first round pick I'll tattoo his name on my leg

He said “HE” needs to play defense. As in Chris Bell. Not players in general. Bell does one thing well. Other players do multiple things well. Doncic, for example, can dribble, pass, score from anywhere, argue with the refs, talk trash to fans and players alike, eat, exaggerate injuries, and throw his teammates under the bus. All at an elite level.

If Bell evolves into a true 3&D guy, he’ll get drafted in the first round.
Yep...and even then...

The best 3 pt shooter in the country last year, shooting nearly 50% from 3, 100 for 201, is 6-6, a much better defender and rebounder than Bell last year.

His name is Koby Brea.

The pro team he'll be playing for next year is the Kentucky Wildcats.
Not a first round pick.

Bell will have to improve immensely on D and if he does, we'll prob be pretty damn good, so here's to it.

Yep...and even then...

The best 3 pt shooter in the country last year, shooting nearly 50% from 3, 100 for 201, is 6-6, a much better defender and rebounder than Bell last year.

His name is Koby Brea.

The pro team he'll be playing for next year is the Kentucky Wildcats.
Not a first round pick.

Bell will have to improve immensely on D and if he does, we'll prob be pretty damn good, so here's to it.
If Bell suddenly plays NBA quality defense while remaining exactly the same offensive player, were a good bet for the Final Four.

I'm moderately bullish on this team knowing Bell can't stay in front of anybody... If he becomes a defensive stopper, that would be astonishing, and also a very pleasant surprise.

You said to be a first round draft pick you have to play defense. That’s what you said and you’re wrong.
You could of easily backtracked what you said because it was somewhat vague, I'm impressed you went hard to hammer the point down in post 2. While I don't agree in any capacity, it shows balls and I like it.

I'm just so disappointed that no one took my Brown line seriously.
I'm only 80-85% dumb, didn't even get it by me. There is still time though based on the other posts I've read the past couple minutes.

I'm glad someone said this.

Luka won ROY and then has had 5x 1st Team All NBA in his first six seasons.

He's one of the most gifted offensive NBA players in the history of the league.

Even his defense wasn't that bad this season, but has tanked in the Finals after dragging this Mavs team to the Finals with his insane play. Yeah, it would be great if it was better. But he's had to carry this whole team this whole way with intermittent help from Kyrie.

I'm honestly assuming this is just trolling because no one in their right mind could think that Luka does only thing well, only, and has those kind of accolades and two WCF appearances and now one Finals appearance coming out of what's been a stacked West.

I am more and more convinced that barely anyone on this board watches the NBA.

Let's just hope Chris Bell can even consistently hit a three coming off a curl this year and be happy with that.

Also, for anyone that is throwing around "3 & D", go look at the guys that can do it in the league. Chris Bell ain't it. You're talking about guys like Jaden McDaniels, Caruso, and Suggs for example. Mikal Bridges used to be in that bucket before he grew out of it. Same with OG.

Chris Bell would have to wake up and be touched by the hand of God/Prime Scottie Pippen to get to that level. GTFOH.

Luka won ROY and then has had 5x 1st Team All NBA in his first six seasons.

He's one of the most gifted offensive NBA players in the history of the league.

Even his defense wasn't that bad this season, but has tanked in the Finals after dragging this Mavs team to the Finals with his insane play. Yeah, it would be great if it was better. But he's had to carry this whole team this whole way with intermittent help from Kyrie.

I'm honestly assuming this is just trolling because no one in their right mind could think that Luka does only thing well, only, and has those kind of accolades and two WCF appearances and now one Finals appearance coming out of what's been a stacked West.

I am more and more convinced that barely anyone on this board watches the NBA.

Let's just hope Chris Bell can even consistently hit a three coming off a curl this year and be happy with that.

Also, for anyone that is throwing around "3 & D", go look at the guys that can do it in the league. Chris Bell ain't it. You're talking about guys like Jaden McDaniels, Caruso, and Suggs for example. Mikal Bridges used to be in that bucket before he grew out of it. Same with OG.

Chris Bell would have to wake up and be touched by the hand of God/Prime Scottie Pippen to get to that level. GTFOH.
To be clear, you’re not buying the Chris Bell/Luka Doncic comparison?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Diamondmakr

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom