Chris Bleich Update... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Chris Bleich Update...

Yeah, agree. We had 4 spots who could hold up, but the 5th spot was killer, especially after Vett went down. I think he was ok at RT, clearly way better than Tisdale. Both are probably ideally backup guards, with Tisdale as emergency option.

I wish Vett could play center like he did in those last 3 games of 2019 when the line looked competent. That would really help.

I worry that being so aggressive with portal tackles means they may know that Bergeron is going to test the waters at the next level. But maybe it's just because they know they need multiple options to compete at RT.

In an ideal world, guys like Ellis and Cruz wouldn't play until their 3rd season. But I don't sweat that out with Ellis, he proved to be more ready than most true freshman OL.

The two freshmen who I wish had their reshirt years protected are Lockett and Gadsden, but such is life.
Could be:

1. Hedge or know Bergeron is going to declare
2. Hedge or know Vetterollo is questionable
3. Both
4. Bradford is not viable
5. All of the above.

One thing is certain, need to upgrade from Tisdale

How many games did Ellis play in?

One of 4 RS's burned:
Duce Chestnut (12)
Terry Lockett (11)
Kalan Ellis (8)
Oronde Gadsden II (8)

Like so:

Bleich tried to come back and lasted about 2 series
For 1 game. He came back in NCState for 43 snaps - very hobbled, after the back up that started in his place struggled.

Vet was injured in the FSU game and did not return the rest of the season. I thought he played well at RT this season and would love to see him there to start 2022. Hoping Cruz, Red, Bradford and Barclay continue to develop and give Vet a run for PT. Worried if Vet had an ACL injury, he will not be 100% for the start of the season.

Really do not want to Tisdale out there at RT at the start of the season. Think he is better suited to OG. Pretty sure he was banged up but he did not play well at RT late in the season.

I do not mean to come off as a jerk, but I have seen you post that Vet was hurt against FSU in a couple of threads. It was against VT for sure, as the discussion on the board was that it was a cheap shot. Cuse stats have him starting that game.

Everything else I agree with. Carry on.

I do not mean to come off as a jerk, but I have seen you post that Vet was hurt against FSU in a couple of threads. It was against VT for sure, as the discussion on the board was that it was a cheap shot. Cuse stats have him starting that game.

Everything else I agree with. Carry on.
I apologize. Vet did get hurt against FSU and I think he missed a couple of games. But you are right; the season ending injury was against VT.

I still haven't read a thing on what the injury was, how serious it is, etc. I understand keeping this on the down low during the season but am hoping some enterprising reporter can supply some details soon.

I was at the VT game and my memory is that the injury looked serious. I believe he was helped off the field and could not put any weight on the injured leg. Looked like a knee to me.

keep an eye on the Cornell kid Hunter Nourzad. He's a staring RT but played some center. Georgia kid. 6-4 300

Nebraska just offered.

Heard he started at center there two [anecdotally, not 100% sure if true].

Two birds with one stone.

I apologize. Vet did get hurt against FSU and I think he missed a couple of games. But you are right; the season ending injury was against VT.

I still haven't read a thing on what the injury was, how serious it is, etc. I understand keeping this on the down low during the season but am hoping some enterprising reporter can supply some details soon.

I was at the VT game and my memory is that the injury looked serious. I believe he was helped off the field and could not put any weight on the injured leg. Looked like a knee to me.

I agree, I was at that game too, seemed like a knee. Hope he can return for at least some part of next year and be effective.

Missed the last 13 snaps at FSU. Started the next game, and didn't miss a snap until the season ender.

I have a hunch he’ll be the new starting center
That’s interesting, guess the line at current if that’s the case would be:

LT - Bergeron
LG - Ellis
C - Bleich
RG - Davis
RT - Veterello

Then you have some of the younger guys waiting in the wings. We are definitely looking for a portal OT so I expect we’ll have some other upperclassmen in the mix for the 2 deep when all is said and done.

If Bleich becomes a good center and they find a transfer OT then the OL depth really is looking good. I think a transfer Center or Tackle is good.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarlsbergMD

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom