Chris Cornell dead at 52 | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Chris Cornell dead at 52

I actually came back to this *&#^ because it was the one place I had posted the video to "Blow Up The Outside"(and mentioned it at other times), which oddly the board added to my desire to do at times, instead of taking said desire away. I wish I had mentioned it elsewhere so that I didnt have to come here to express how troubled this made me, but here I am(Im guessing there are others who have that same wish, but I dont mind them at the moment).

There is a line in the song that he never could blow up the outside, but according to appearances(suicide ruling) he finally did, oddly long after conquering his demons of anxiety. His wife doesn't buy the intentional suicide, and who can blame her: Cornell’s wife disputes ‘intentional’ suicide

Orange79 was correct about atavan(sic), but many(maybe a majority?) of people who are on ativan are also on SSRIs or something similar, as well as other medications. Just because he mentioned to the wife that he had taken 1 or 2 more of them than usual, doesn't mean that that was his only prescription.

Oddly, just the night before, I had seen Soundgarden was on tour and was planning to check it out. I was fortunate enough to see him with all 3 of his bands, but that doesnt take away the sense of loss that for me is far greater than something like Jordan Tucker, Thomas Bryant, Nerlens Noel, etc. Great voice, great songwriter, obviously a deep thinker.

Also oddly, the last song he ever performed as a cover of Led Zeppelin's "In My Time Of Dying". (Yeah, I highlighted that for anyone skimming).

I found the post I mentioned at the beginning of the post, about that being my theme song at times(it's the unnamed video that Pitchfork article earlier in the thread was alluding to at the beginning). Check out the guy's eyes in the still shot. They could look quite intense at times.

NCAA info

Andrew Wood's death was mentioned earlier in the thread, and this amazing song was written about it. It feels a fitting tribute to Chris himself, check out those lyrics(as well as that voice). RIP Chris. :( (Even though that song is sad, the great sound, including Mike McCready's guitar, is something I associate with a time when life was much lighter, even if not always happier.

Last edited by a moderator:
I actually came back to this *&#^ because it was the one place I had posted the video to "Blow Up The Outside"(and mentioned it at other times), which oddly the board added to my desire to do at times, instead of taking said desire away. I wish I had mentioned it elsewhere so that I didnt have to come here to express how troubled this made me, but here I am(Im guessing there are others who have that same wish, but I dont mind them at the moment).

There is a line in the song that he never could blow up the outside, but according to appearances(suicide ruling) he finally did, oddly long after conquering his demons of anxiety. His wife doesn't buy the intentional suicide, and who can blame her: Cornell’s wife disputes ‘intentional’ suicide

Orange79 was correct about atavan(sic), but many(maybe a majority?) of people who are on ativan are also on SSRIs or something similar, as well as other medications. Just because he mentioned to the wife that he had taken 1 or 2 more of them than usual, doesn't mean that that was his only prescription.

Oddly, just the night before, I had seen Soundgarden was on tour and was planning to check it out. I was fortunate enough to see him with all 3 of his bands, but that doesnt take away the sense of loss that for me is far greater than something like Jordan Tucker, Thomas Bryant, Nerlens Noel, etc. Great voice, great songwriter, obviously a deep thinker.

Also oddly, the last song he ever performed as a cover of Led Zeppelin's "In My Time Of Dying". (Yeah, I highlighted that for anyone skimming).

I found the post I mentioned at the beginning of the post, about that being my theme song at times(it's the unnamed video that Pitchfork article earlier in the thread was alluding to at the beginning). Check out the guy's eyes in the still shot. They could look quite intense at times.

NCAA info

Andrew Wood's death was mentioned earlier in the thread, and this amazing song was written about it. It feels a fitting tribute to Chris himself, check out those lyrics(as well as that voice). RIP Chris. :( (Even though that song is sad, the great sound, including Mike McCready's guitar, is something I associate with a time when life was much lighter, even if not always happier.

I've heard a lot of people mention that they thought this was foreshadowing by Chris. I guess it's possible, but when Soundgarden plays "Slaves and Bulldozers" live, he always mixed in another song following the epic epic guitar solo/jam portion of the song. Sometime he mixed in "Jeremy", but I've seen him mix in "In my Time of Dying" quite often. It was hardly something new:
Here is an example...and if you've never seen this live performance of "Slaves and Bulldozers", do yourself a favor and check it out:
Soundgarden: Live from the Artists Den - "Slaves & Bulldozers"
In my time of dying kicks in at the 7:13 mark.

I went to the Soundgarden show at the Lost Horizon in 1990. They were touring in support of the Louder Than Love album and were still relatively unknown. Great live show.

I went to the Soundgarden show at the Lost Horizon in 1990. They were touring in support of the Louder Than Love album and were still relatively unknown. Great live show.

I was there as well. The Lost Horizon had an amazing string of shows around that time including Guns & Roses, Nirvana, Primus, Jane's Addiction and so many more.

looking like Cornell might've been on high on heroin when he hanged himself.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom