chris mcculough is orange! | Page 16 | Syracusefan.com

chris mcculough is orange!

Hey , Solitude. Does your handle have anything to do with Solitude the mountain in Utah?
I just ask as I am an avid snowboarder.

Hey , Solitude. Does your handle have anything to do with Solitude the mountain in Utah?
I just ask as I am an avid snowboarder.
It's from an old surfing shirt that I bought when I was a kid. I'm not cool enough to be able to do either though! One day I want to go snowboarding though.

I nicknamed McCulloughs dunk a few days ago when he was going against New Hampshire so now whenever he makes a dunk I yell "The Hammer with the Hamma Jamma."
That's good! You need to OWN that!

It's from an old surfing shirt that I bought when I was a kid. I'm not cool enough to be able to do either though! One day I want to go snowboarding though.
Ah, you can do either :)
I never went to Solitude, but did get a chance to ride Snowbird, Park City and the Canyons 5 or so years ago. They are all in the same mountain range (Wasatch Mountains).
Hey, if my 39 year old, Dorito eating behind can still make it up the mountain, I'm sure you can hack it. Gets to the point where it's like riding a bike. Can't even remember the last time I fell, but that's what's scary b/c you keep pushing yourself and speed, so you know that when you buy it or catch an edge and fall, it will hurt!
Whoa, edit, 39, wish I was 37. Damn, slippin.

Ah, you can do either :)
I never went to Solitude, but did get a chance to ride Snowbird, Park City and the Canyons 5 or so years ago. They are all in the same mountain range (Wasatch Mountains).
Hey, if my 37 year old, Dorito eating behind can still make it up the mountain, I'm sure you can hack it. Gets to the point where it's like riding a bike. Can't even remember the last time I fell, but that's what's scary b/c you keep pushing yourself and speed, so you know that when you buy it or catch an edge and fall, it will hurt!
HEYYY... doritos are fantastic.

Just got home and peeped the play by play recap. Thanks again guys Mel salute.png

When The Hammer get heres, it needs to be a requirement that he touches the ball at least once each possession. He has great shooting, dribbling, and passing skills. We need to utilize them effectively.

http://ballislife.com/chris-mccullough-posterizes-the-defender-during-2nd-day-of-hoophall-classic/

Its the extension he gets in addition to the lift on his jumps which makes his dunks look so frigging amazing. I just can't wait until he is finally in an Orange uniform then we will literally have 100's of high resolution shots of his dunks. The picture took a while to find...
Dunk, elevation is great, but watch how he stares this dude down.
We need more of this behavior!

"Brewster improved to 26-5 on the season with a 99-58 victory over Bridgton Academy. Syracuse-commit Chris McCullough (Bronx, NY) had 20 points and 8 rebounds, while West Virginia-signee Elijah Macon (Columbus, OH) contributed 17 points and 12 rebounds. Unsigned point guard Martez Harrison (Kansas City, MO) continued his fine all-around play with a game-high 13 assists. Junior guard Jared Terrell (Weymouth, MA) and Holy Cross-bound Robert Champion (Waxhaw, NC) rounded out the Bobcats in double-figures with 12 and 10 points, respectively."

"Brewster advanced to the NEPSAC Semifinals with a 90-61 win over Bridgton Academy. A balanced Bobcat attack was led by Syracuse-commitChris McCullough (Bronx, NY) with 14 points and 14 rebounds, while unsigned point guard Martez Harrison (Kansas City, MO) added 15 points and 10 assists. West Virginia-signee Elijah Macon (Columbus, OH) chipped in with 15 points. Syracuse-signee Ron Patterson (Indianapolis, IN) and Jared Terrell (Weymouth, MA) contributed 13 and 12 points, respectively. With the victory, Brewster improves to 28-5 on the season. The Bobcats will play the defending NEPSAC Class AAA champions, Northfield Mount Hermon on Friday evening at Endicott College (Beverly, MA). Game time is 7pm."

Brewster split their season meeting with Northfield Mount Hermon.

Franics,
I keep seeing Harrison have these type of games but he is still unsigned. What is his height? It seems like he is very good at not only scoring, but also distributing the ball. Are there other flags that are keeping people away or is he just looking better in the stat sheet as a result of the talent around him?

Franics,
I keep seeing Harrison have these type of games but he is still unsigned. What is his height? It seems like he is very good at not only scoring, but also distributing the ball. Are there other flags that are keeping people away or is he just looking better in the stat sheet as a result of the talent around him?

He's listed at 5'11" (2*) on ESPN. They mention he is just learning to work on distributing rather than scoring.

Holds offers from Towson, St. Bonnie's, and Fresno St. according to ESPN. Mr. Francis can provide much more information I'm sure.

Franics,
Originally in the class of 2012 but grades made him end up at Brewster. Was known for mainly being a scorer but has done a good job getting everybody involved and running the team. Might be listed at 5'11 but I don't think he's even that tall and his frame is slight. Since he's from the KC area, I would expect those MVC teams and high quality mid-majors to be all over him in the spring if his grades check out. Like him as a player but not a fit for SU.

Watched another full Brewster game a few days ago against Worchester Academy. Both Buss and McCullough played well in this game and made big plays down the stretch to help make a comeback victory trailing down by 7 in the last few minutes. Here goes my thoughts from the game below.

Buss
16pts, 2rbs, 2ast, 3stls, 1blk, 2-5 3PT.
Buss's handle looked much better and he was more confident handling the ball than the last time that I saw him. He was very active on defense creating steals for fastbreaks and causing a 5 second call late in the game which was huge for the comeback victory. He was 2-5 from three and knocked down a couple of pull-up jumpers. While he has a nice form and quick release, his shot is very streaky as he can hit 2-3 shots in a row and then miss his next 2-3. I do like the fact that he doesn't seem to ever lose his confidence and is always aggressive when he can be on offense. On the next level I view him strictly as a SG, with the ability to help out with ball handling duties here and there, but I don't see natural PG skills where JB would be comfortable letting him run the team for long stretches.

McCullough
17pts, 6rbs, 2blks, 4-6FT, 1-1 3PT.
McCullough was all over the floor like a sprinter. He scored in transition, drives to the hoop, and knocking down a couple of perimeter shots. He played out on the perimeter a lot, but that was mostly because Brewster ran a 4 out 1 in set to keep the post players(Macon WVU and Washington NC St) from being double teamed inside. McCullough is going to be a beast in transition on the next level because it's rare to see a player his size move that fast up and down the court. As I always say after watching him that I would love to see some low post skills down on the block, but that will probably come in time. His teammates Macon and Washington occupy a lot of time in the post and for good reason because both are really skilled inside, and sometimes I find myself hoping to see some of those low post skills from "The Hammer" as well.

Other notes, Martez Harrison as mentioned in the post above should make some mid-major happy on the next level. Jared Terrell has a strong body and build, but so far I have been less than impressed with him in every Brewster game that I have watched so far. All I see is out of control drives and settling for long jumpers from him.

Watched another full Brewster game a few days ago against Worchester Academy. Both Buss and McCullough played well in this game and made big plays down the stretch to help make a comeback victory trailing down by 7 in the last few minutes. Here goes my thoughts from the game below.

Buss
16pts, 2rbs, 2ast, 3stls, 1blk, 2-5 3PT.
Buss's handle looked much better and he was more confident handling the ball than the last time that I saw him. He was very active on defense creating steals for fastbreaks and causing a 5 second call late in the game which was huge for the comeback victory. He was 2-5 from three and knocked down a couple of pull-up jumpers. While he has a nice form and quick release, his shot is very streaky as he can hit 2-3 shots in a row and then miss his next 2-3. I do like the fact that he doesn't seem to ever lose his confidence and is always aggressive when he can be on offense. On the next level I view him strictly as a SG, with the ability to help out with ball handling duties here and there, but I don't see natural PG skills where JB would be comfortable letting him run the team for long stretches.

McCullough
17pts, 6rbs, 2blks, 4-6FT, 1-1 3PT.
McCullough was all over the floor like a sprinter. He scored in transition, drives to the hoop, and knocking down a couple of perimeter shots. He played out on the perimeter a lot, but that was mostly because Brewster ran a 4 out 1 in set to keep the post players(Macon WVU and Washington NC St) from being double teamed inside. McCullough is going to be a beast in transition on the next level because it's rare to see a player his size move that fast up and down the court. As I always say after watching him that I would love to see some low post skills down on the block, but that will probably come in time. His teammates Macon and Washington occupy a lot of time in the post and for good reason because both are really skilled inside, and sometimes I find myself hoping to see some of those low post skills from "The Hammer" as well.

Other notes, Martez Harrison as mentioned in the post above should make some mid-major happy on the next level. Jared Terrell has a strong body and build, but so far I have been less than impressed with him in every Brewster game that I have watched so far. All I see is out of control drives and settling for long jumpers from him.
Great report! After the few games I've watched. Harrison is going to be great for whichever Mid-major is able to recognize his talent and get his commitment.

Terrell has shown flashes of talent, but isn't able to demonstrate it on a consistent basis and mostly becomes a noshow behind McCullough, Buss, Harrison, and the guy going to WVU(blanking on his name).

I think McCullough can develop a good low post game. I saw him making a couple of excellent low post moves a while back. This part of his game hasn't really been a necessity at the high school level, because of his athleticism, quickness, and length.

Buss definitely is a SG at this point him time, but I could see him playing the PG role in 4 years depending on what guys we have on the team at that time.

Great report! After the few games I've watched. Harrison is going to be great for whichever Mid-major is able to recognize his talent and get his commitment.

Terrell has shown flashes of talent, but isn't able to demonstrate it on a consistent basis and mostly becomes a noshow behind McCullough, Buss, Harrison, and the guy going to WVU(blanking on his name).

I think McCullough can develop a good low post game. I saw him making a couple of excellent low post moves a while back. This part of his game hasn't really been a necessity at the high school level, because of his athleticism, quickness, and length.

Buss definitely is a SG at this point him time, but I could see him playing the PG role in 4 years depending on what guys we have on the team at that time.
I definitely understand where you're coming from about Terrell. I'll wait until I see him on his AAU team to have a true read on his overall game. He just hasn't seemed to blend in with this current group at Brewster this season.

I definitely understand where you're coming from about Terrell. I'll wait until I see him on his AAU team to have a true read on his overall game. He just hasn't seemed to blend in with this current group at Brewster this season.
That team just seems loaded. It has to be difficult to find your niche when minutes are so limited. I haven't been able to watch a full game, but does the coach shuffle guys in and out all the time? Do they always seem to play with the same guys, like in shifts? Or is it one or two at a time, and whoever is playing the best stays in?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom