chris mcculough is orange! | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

chris mcculough is orange!

He just isn't, too big a fish for you boys. Your nets not big enough. No offense.

Lol. You'll see that is not the case. SJU's roster is full of top 60 kids this year. Not guaranteeing Lawrence comes to SJU, but Lavin's SJU is not the one you guys are used to. SJU is landing those big fish now. Narrowly lost on McCullough to you guys who have an excellent program. Actually, rumor I heard today has Jermaine signing in early period with SJU.

Lol. You'll see that is not the case. SJU's roster is full of top 60 kids this year. Not guaranteeing Lawrence comes to SJU, but Lavin's SJU is not the one you guys are used to. SJU is landing those big fish now. Narrowly lost on McCullough to you guys who have an excellent program.
SJU is a nice program under Lavin. Could get the occasional top end guy. But especially with the BE morphing into a high Mid-major conf those recruits will be the rare exception not the rule.

SJU is a nice program under Lavin. Could get the occasional top end guy. But especially with the BE morphing into a high Mid-major conf those recruits will be the rare exception not the rule.

This is absolutely untrue. Big east still a too dog. Memphis has #2 class as it stands. SJU is landing a lot of too end guys, mark my words.

What
This is absolutely untrue. Big east still a too dog. Memphis has #2 class as it stands. SJU is landing a lot of too end guys, mark my words.
Too?

UNLV and Gonzaga are good programs too. That doesn't make their conf's elite. The Big East is basically Conf USA of a few years back. Nice conf... but nobody would consider it a true major.

SJU has landed some nice players, but a lot of them don't seem to make it to campus. I think Lavin is trying to improve SJU's recruiting rep by pursuing guys that other teams won't touch due to non basketball issues, more often than not academic, and trying to get the big name players to mention SJU in their top lists. At least that is how I, an outsider, perceives it.

You're not buying that are you! This is still an elite conference. Nothing close to conference USA. Cmon now.

You're not buying that are you! This is still an elite conference. Nothing close to conference USA. Cmon now.
Hate to say it, because you seem like a good guy, but a conference that spans from one coast to the other and from New York City to Texas is a cobbled up crap conference, no matter the history of the schools involved. Particularly due to the amount of money the "have's" will have at their disposal due to football.

How exactly is it not close to Conf USA when half the conf is made up of Conf USA teams? SMU, Houston, Memphis, Cincy, Lville, S Florida, Marq, Depaul... Conf USA 10 years ago... BE going forward. Nice conf, LVille prob bolts soon but still nice after that. But in no way would any sensable person consider Conf USA/Big East elite... just as we in the BE didn't see Conf USA as elite a decade ago.

as of now you have legs to stand on. But the BE is one more pure from being dust in all sports. When Louisville, Cinci and probably Uconn bolt... its all over.

How exactly is it not close to Conf USA when half the conf is made up of Conf USA teams? SMU, Houston, Memphis, Cincy, Lville, S Florida, Marq, Depaul... Conf USA 10 years ago... BE going forward. Nice conf, LVille prob bolts soon but still nice after that. But in no way would any sensable person consider Conf USA/Big East elite... just as we in the BE didn't see Conf USA as elite a decade ago.

Yes, but the big east in basketball has been far ahead of conferences like the ACC top to bottom for several years now. Big east still had some fantastic bball schools like Georgetown, Louisville, SJU, Uconn, Nova, Cincy, Marquette, Memphis, Temple and so on. No way is tis conference even close to mid major and top to bottom is quite good. I'd say big east has more talent not coaching wise top to bottom than ever. Even guys like Cooley and Rice can coach.

Yes, but the big east in basketball has been far ahead of conferences like the ACC top to bottom for several years now. Big east still had some fantastic bball schools like Georgetown, Louisville, SJU, Uconn, Nova, Cincy, Marquette, Memphis, Temple and so on. No way is tis conference even close to mid major and top to bottom is quite good. I'd say big east has more talent not coaching wise top to bottom than ever. Even guys like Cooley and Rice can coach.
hilarious

hilarious

Cuse fans only becoming ACC centric since joining. If you don't see that the Big East is still a fantastic bball conference from top to bottom, then I don't know what will convince you except the league record over next few years. Don't want to hijack this thread. Congrats on McCullough. Peace

not top to bottom. Maybe middle to bottom. ACC's top is ridiculous with SU and Pitt, assuming they get back to where they should be.

Of that list only LVille and UConn has been elite in the last 20 years and UConn just lost JC and have had a ton of program problems and both are trying their hardest to bolt too. Some like, sorry SJU, have been terrible. The rest have some good years and then slip back. Nice conf... but you're delusional if you think its still elite.

not top to bottom. Maybe middle to bottom. ACC's top is ridiculous with SU and Pitt, assuming they get back to where they should be.

SU certainly, but Boeheim want be around forever much like Jim Calhoun.
Pitt is totally overrated. They have beat up the rest of the conference for years, but never do anything in the tourney. Memphis is going to be a big dog, for sure. They are recruiting at an amazing pitch.

Those are a very good collection of schools - maybe better than the SEC and the PAC??. But Nova and UConn need to recover.

as a sophomore ...

27526_135618393129734_2665_n.jpg
If he's the #12 player in the class of 2014, the 1 through 11 guys must be on another planet.

Those are a very good collection of schools - maybe better than the SEC and the PAC??. But Nova and UConn need to recover.

100% agree. I actually think Nova's class next year is excellent and wright is still a good coach. SJU stepping forward a ton with Lavin and will be a top 25 fixture soon. Cronin and cincy is the Big East's next Pitt. Heath at USF is really moving along well too. Some have left but others are stepping forward. I don't think Big East will bow out of competing for top dog. Uconn and Ollie I'm not sold on.

In case you guys haven't figured it out yet, SJUBall is actually Mike Aresco.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom