chris mcculough is orange! | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

chris mcculough is orange!

100% agree. I actually think Nova's class next year is excellent and wright is still a good coach. SJU stepping forward a ton with Lavin and will be a top 25 fixture soon. Cronin and cincy is the Big East's next Pitt. Heath at USF is really moving along well too. Some have left but others are stepping forward. I don't think Big East will bow out of competing for top dog. Uconn and Ollie I'm not sold on.
The BE will be good no doubt. It just depends on your definition of elite. Conf USA was far and away the best Mid-major for years. The BE will hold a similar spot so long as they don't lose more schools like LVille and UConn. But the money and exposure diff between the big 5 and everyone else is just going to keep expanding. Most of the elite talent will go to one of those schools and BE teams will be the landing spot for many of the best of the rest level kids.

The BE will be good no doubt. It just depends on your definition of elite. Conf USA was far and away the best Mid-major for years. The BE will hold a similar spot so long as they don't lose more schools like LVille and UConn. But the money and exposure diff between the big 5 and everyone else is just going to keep expanding. Most of the elite talent will go to one of those schools and BE teams will be the landing spot for many of the best of the rest level kids.

Again, I don't think big east will be even close to mid major. Just an opinion. Again, great pickup in McCullough. Now my team needs JL.

Sju getting crap from all levels lol, anyway...st johns will be fine with lavin

Again, I don't think big east will be even close to mid major. Just an opinion. Again, great pickup in McCullough. Now my team needs JL.
Guess its just definitions. The BE certainly wont be on the level of the Big 5, I don't think anyone disputes that, so you can call whatever that in between area whatever ya like.

Guess its just definitions. The BE certainly wont be on the level of the Big 5, I don't think anyone disputes that, so you can call whatever that in between area whatever ya like.

I'm not talking football. But bball-wise Big East is top 3 without a doubt. Losing Cuse and Pitt isn't going to drop the conference from arguably #1 to outside the top 5. Notre dame neither, who was another underachiever outside of the conference at tourney time. I think the replacements like Memphis and Temple will be quite good, especially with increased exposure.

I would think that SU's chances for Jermaine Lawrence are pretty good. We are losing a top forward (Southerland) and if Jermaine is as good as advertised, he should get good minutes with Boeheim's liberal use of the bench the last couple years. He is coming into a top 10 program, with great prospects for the next several years. The fact that he is waiting until spring might indicate that he is waiting to see if some of the top 20 programs that he would prefer, will have any key players leaving.

Lol. You'll see that is not the case. SJU's roster is full of top 60 kids this year. Not guaranteeing Lawrence comes to SJU, but Lavin's SJU is not the one you guys are used to. SJU is landing those big fish now. Narrowly lost on McCullough to you guys who have an excellent program. Actually, rumor I heard today has Jermaine signing in early period with SJU.

A guy committing almost two years before he plays a game in college is not narrowly losing a recruit.

A guy committing almost two years before he plays a game in college is not narrowly losing a recruit.
Guess you didn't know he nearly committed to SJU last summer. You obviously don't follow it but he's been down to SU and SJU for a long time.

I'm not talking football. But bball-wise Big East is top 3 without a doubt. Losing Cuse and Pitt isn't going to drop the conference from arguably #1 to outside the top 5. Notre dame neither, who was another underachiever outside of the conference at tourney time. I think the replacements like Memphis and Temple will be quite good, especially with increased exposure.
You're right because the money and exposure advantage of the top 5 conferences will have no impact at all on facilities or recruiting... oh wait... this is the real world. Where SJU isnt a perenial top 25 program, they're one of 100 bad programs hoping they're about to pull out of they're current situation. They might... it happens and they've taken steps... but you're definitely counting a lot of chickens well before hatching. BE will be lucky if they hang on as the #6 conf... which only happens if the LVills and UConns stay. Otherwise it becomes the 2nd tier Conf USA teams and the 3rd tier old BE.

Guess you didn't know he nearly committed to SJU last summer. You obviously don't follow it but he's been down to SU and SJU for a long time.
Yes, and 4* Ebenezer Ogundeko nearly committed to Syracuse's football program (and at one point was committed to UConn) a month and a half ago but has now seemed to move onto bigger fishes in the SEC (with us still involved). Having a 15 year old 'almost' pick a school is far from impressive. Honestly, what recruit that both SU and SJU are involved with would pick St. John's? Were you in MSG last year for the beatdown?

Lol. You'll see that is not the case. SJU's roster is full of top 60 kids this year. Not guaranteeing Lawrence comes to SJU, but Lavin's SJU is not the one you guys are used to. SJU is landing those big fish now. Narrowly lost on McCullough to you guys who have an excellent program. Actually, rumor I heard today has Jermaine signing in early period with SJU.
really? narrowly lost? his recruitment never really even started, he wasn't even taking visits

really? narrowly lost? his recruitment never really even started, he wasn't even taking visits

Hey, take it easy on SJU fans. This was a moral victory for them. :rolling:

Hey like I said, SJU is a much different team than in the past and much more talented and deep than Cuse fans here giving credit for. You'll see. I gave credit for McCullough, good pickup for Cuse.

Hey like I said, SJU is a much different team than in the past and much more talented and deep than Cuse fans here giving credit for. You'll see. I gave credit for McCullough, good pickup for Cuse.
MCW wasn't all that impressed...

If the basketball schools in the new Big East would ever get together and form a basketball centric conference, they could be a truly elite basketball conference. Imagine Gtown, St.Johns, Nova etc. all together like the original Big East was - that would attract a lot of recruits. Who knows what will happen. But I liked it when St.Johns had a competitive program. SU and SJU games used to be great. Been a long time since that has been the case.

Too bad St. Johns doesn't have enough fans to have their own board so they can talk about our recruits on their board, but since they don't enough fans to have a forum I am proud of my follow SU fans for welcoming a Johnny to our forum. After all we do use their second home court as our own so fair is fair.

MCW wasn't all that impressed...

Lol. MCW didn't play against this team. Sju was woefully undermanned last year. Last year SJU had no Lavin, 6 scholarship players, including 5 freshman starters, and nobody over 6'7". This year we have 12 scholarship players, several 6'9" kids and much more depth at every position. We're still the youngest team in the country this year, but should be much more deep, athletic and talented. Should be moving up in the league starting this season and thinks only the beginning.

Too bad St. Johns doesn't have enough fans to have their own board so they can talk about our recruits on their board, but since they don't enough fans to have a forum I am proud of my follow SU fans for welcoming a Johnny to our forum. After all we do use their second home court as our own so fair is fair.

SJU has several boards that have tons of traffic. If you just google searched a little bit, you'd find them.

SJU has several boards that have tons of traffic. If you just google searched a little bit, you'd find them.
Maybe you should visit them once and awhile, by the way I live in Brooklyn SJUs fan base sucks! Seriously!

Lol. MCW didn't play against this team. Sju was woefully undermanned last year. Last year SJU had no Lavin, 6 scholarship players, including 5 freshman starters, and nobody over 6'7". This year we have 12 scholarship players, several 6'9" kids and much more depth at every position. We're still the youngest team in the country this year, but should be much more deep, athletic and talented. Should be moving up in the league starting this season and thinks only the beginning.

SJU will definitely move up the standings in the next couple of years...but only because better teams are leaving.

If Louisville and UConn stay in the league I think the Big East will be one of the top 5 conferences, some years maybe the best. That might not happen with ESPN throwing money at other conferences at the expense of the BE.

In recent history the Big East and the Big12 have been the best with a sizable step down to the two-school leagues: ACC (Duke and NC), Big10 (Michigan State and Ohio State), and the SEC (Kentucky and Florida) with the Pac10/12 trailing badly.

It looks like St John's will be better this year, hopefully it's a sign of things to come.

GOSU

I would like to see SU maintain an annual game with SJU. I love the exposure it gives us in NYC as New York's Team! The Big East will still be solid wiithout Syracuse (good but not great). Memphis could be the next great basketball program if everything comes together for them. I am glad we are going to the ACC but there is no need to bash the BE on our way out the door. I will always pull for the old school BE programs, except for Georgetown and UConn.

IMO...SJU will be better than Pittsburgh over the next 10 years.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom