Christian White | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Christian White

At least he hasnt throw a fake haymaker at the opponents head.

At least he hasnt throw a fake haymaker at the opponents head.

you're right, far fetched thought.

just look at the sideline angle and all 3 of their responses.

this post is fine, I thought it was weird from the beginning that a walk-on would refuse playing time on a team with 9 scholarship players. a competitor would try to beat out the guys in front of him and eligibility would come second.

this post is fine, I thought it was weird from the beginning that a walk-on would refuse playing time on a team with 9 scholarship players. a competitor would try to beat out the guys in front of him and eligibility would come second.

This is ridiculous. Maybe he's pretty smart and realizes he can get a free masters degree at a mid major. A "competitor." Who thinks like that? He probably realizes that his future is in something other than sports.

Anyone who came of age in the 60s, 70s or 80s no doubt squirms (and then has a good laugh) when looking back at old photos and videos of themselves. Anybody who says otherwise is lying.

I disagree with this. SU and SU fans treat the walk-ons like clowns with regard to playing time. The crowd goes bananas when they get in the game and throw up circus shots.

They rarely get in the game before the 1:30 mark of a game when they are getting in and then we treat their substitution like the changing of the guard, calling a timeout and making a mass substitution.

It also rubs me the wrong way the way the scholarship players cheer for them....a little too over the top. I am glad they are happy for them, that is great to see, but it has always felt to me like a bit too much. Almost like here are these guys that don't belong and hey look one of them actually just scored a point.

It is what it is, but I've always thought the way they are handled in game situations is a little goofy, especially given that JB was once a walk-on.

Anyway, if he can parlay his basketball skills into a scholarship somewhere next year, why not?

When he is older, he is going to look back at pictures/videos of this year and be pretty disappointed in some of his appearance decisions. He looks like such a tool.

I know you've been picked on enough for this thread, but I would think the guys that are all inked up are more likely to look back with regret than a guy who made a hair style choice.

Anyone who came of age in the 60s, 70s or 80s no doubt squirms (and then has a good laugh) when looking back at old photos and videos of themselves. Anybody who says otherwise is lying.

Don't leave out the 90's. My sophomore year of high school I decided it would be a great idea to dye my hair blond. Of course, with extremely dark hair it came out day glow orange. I think I did it three times.

I disagree with this. SU and SU fans treat the walk-ons like clowns with regard to playing time. The crowd goes bananas when they get in the game and throw up circus shots.

They rarely get in the game before the 1:30 mark of a game when they are getting in and then we treat their substitution like the changing of the guard, calling a timeout and making a mass substitution.

It also rubs me the wrong way the way the scholarship players cheer for them...a little too over the top. I am glad they are happy for them, that is great to see, but it has always felt to me like a bit too much. Almost like here are these guys that don't belong and hey look one of them actually just scored a point.

It is what it is, but I've always thought the way they are handled in game situations is a little goofy, especially given that JB was once a walk-on.

This happens at literally every major school in the country. The scholarship athletes across the country love when the walk ons get to play and do well.

tat.jpg

What was I thinking?

The man knot has got to go. It is a terrible phase for humanity.
Has it become a trend? I've never seen anyone with one besides him. As someone who has been shaving his head since age 12, I've never understood long hair on men anyway...

Don't leave out the 90's. My sophomore year of high school I decided it would be a great idea to dye my hair blond. Of course, with extremely dark hair it came out day glow orange. I think I did it three times.
Nice. Actually, I think it's a universal thing and just picked out those years because that era covers me and most of my closest friends. I've got a few pictures of my bearded self with shoulder length hair in full out 70s rock band like clothes. Always good for a laugh.

This happens at literally every major school in the country. The scholarship athletes across the country love when the walk ons get to play and do well.

I was just going to say that this is hardly unique to Syracuse. Practically every team I have seen loves it when the walk-ons get their moment in the sun after working hard in practice.

Has it become a trend? I've never seen anyone with one besides him. As someone who has been shaving his head since age 12, I've never understood long hair on men anyway...

I live in Brooklyn. man buns are a disease here. it started w jared leto. then, everyone wanted to look like the fat jew. now, its become an epidemic. it should never be done.

I live in Brooklyn. man buns are a disease here. it started w jared leto. then, everyone wanted to look like the fat jew. now, its become an epidemic. it should never be done.

Just to make it clear that jgeorge322 is not making an anti-Semitic slur, and that there is a actually a pseudo celebrity who calls himself the Fat Jew, here is a pic of the Fat Jew:

1366312289_3752_DSC_0009.jpg

It also rubs me the wrong way the way the scholarship players cheer for them...a little too over the top. I am glad they are happy for them, that is great to see, but it has always felt to me like a bit too much. Almost like here are these guys that don't belong and hey look one of them actually just scored a point.

Anyway, if he can parlay his basketball skills into a scholarship somewhere next year, why not?

The whole crowd yelling "shooooot" regardless of how well defended or far from the basket a walk on is one of my biggest pet peeves. So dumb.

Just to make it clear that jgeorge322 is not making an anti-Semitic slur, and that there is a actually a pseudo celebrity who calls himself the Fat Jew, here is a pic of the Fat Jew:

1366312289_3752_DSC_0009.jpg
Such an appealing look...

When he is older, he is going to look back at pictures/videos of this year and be pretty disappointed in some of his appearance decisions. He looks like such a tool.

*edit* everything above this is about the man-bun. everything below this is a stupid post by me

And also based solely on his appearance (so please don't take it too seriously, i don't actually hate him), he looks like he acts like he is too good for this team and that he is upset he wasn't given opportunity to be a real player here. I think he is the only walk on I've ever disliked. I just don't get him. He refuses to talk about why he transferred here and then he decides he's just going to sit on the bench and transfer somewhere else to play. You are 5'10 with a man bun. Relax.

Regarding why he transferred to Syracuse, it was a family matter that I don't feel comfortable posting about without his blessing, but at the end of the day, he had his reasons for doing it. And it doesn't even look that strange from the outside looking in to me... he was barely playing at Monmouth and had an opportunity to play for the school that he grew up watching while also being exposed to one of the best coaches in the country and while also getting a good education. Even if he didn't end up playing, this was a win-win for him.

Regarding the refusal to play this year, as far as I've been told, the original plan when he transferred was to sit out last year so that he'd have two years of eligibility left. Instead, members of the staff requested that he try to get a waiver to play right away because they wanted to have him as an option at PG in case they didn't get good production out of the PG position. So he listened to them, thinking he'd have a decent chance of playing, got the waiver, and ended up burning a year of eligibility to play 7 minutes last year. I think at least a part of his decision not to play this year was because of that; now he gets the experience of being on the team, practicing/improving himself, and doesn't lose a year of eligibility so that he has the option to go somewhere where he'll actually play.

Regarding why he transferred to Syracuse, it was a family matter that I don't feel comfortable posting about without his blessing, but at the end of the day, he had his reasons for doing it. And it doesn't even look that strange from the outside looking in to me... he was barely playing at Monmouth and had an opportunity to play for the school that he grew up watching while also being exposed to one of the best coaches in the country and while also getting a good education. Even if he didn't end up playing, this was a win-win for him.

Regarding the refusal to play this year, as far as I've been told, the original plan when he transferred was to sit out last year so that he'd have two years of eligibility left. Instead, members of the staff requested that he try to get a waiver to play right away because they wanted to have him as an option at PG in case they didn't get good production out of the PG position. So he listened to them, thinking he'd have a decent chance of playing, got the waiver, and ended up burning a year of eligibility to play 7 minutes last year. I think at least a part of his decision not to play this year was because of that; now he gets the experience of being on the team, practicing/improving himself, and doesn't lose a year of eligibility so that he has the option to go somewhere where he'll actually play.

A. Thank you for the post. Good info.
B. Thanks for not killing me
C. It sounds like you know him, can you just advise him to trim up the hair? He's wasting a decent head of hair.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom