Cigargate 2017 | Syracusefan.com

Cigargate 2017

Pearl309

Hall of Fame
if shafer truly exited the press box with a cigar after his win, I really can't think of a more classless thing a coach could do.
Other than I guess giving the degeneration x gesture, or maybe flipping the bird.
The obnoxiousness of that is truly breathtaking. Someone should've slapped it out of his mouth and shoved it up his hardnosed azz

disagree. this victory must have been sweet for SS. smoke the macanudos if you got em.
First, did he really do the cigar thing?

Second, if so, I would completely lose all respect I have for him. It would be classless plain and simple. Sweet victory or not he completely disrespected the fans who supported him and the University who employed him for seven years, and specifically selected him over another candidate for his first head coaching job.

Cigar doesn't bother me.

Faking injuries as a strategy does. That's such low rent garbage.

Wish he was on the sideline, would have liked to see if he got in the face of his guys after they cheap shotted Dungey.

First, did he really do the cigar thing?

Second, if so, I would completely lose all respect I have for him. It would be classless plain and simple. Sweet victory or not he completely disrespected the fans who supported him and the University who employed him for seven years, and specifically selected him over another candidate for his first head coaching job.

A poster who sat next to the box said he walked out with one. Then they asked him about it in the post game

It guess I just dont get what he is so upset about? We didn't do him dirty. He was 7-17 as a head coach with some terrible terrible losses. It was his time to go. He should have carried himself better. Another classes act by a guy everyone tells me is a great guy.

To me it's the equivalent of if gerg somehow was a coordinator coming back to the dome in 2009 and somehow winning and riding a miniature train down the steps from the press box with a conductors hat on laughing all the way to the locker room

It guess I just dont get what he is so upset about? We didn't do him dirty. He was 7-17 as a head coach with some terrible terrible losses. It was his time to go. He should have carried himself better. Another classes act by a guy everyone tells me is a great guy.
He took the firing personally and in his mind thought he should've been given more time.

IMG_4532.PNG

More time to what...transform our entire defense into a bunch of undersized midgets with an offense from the 1950's?
It's so funny to see just the handful of DBs that Dino has brought in compared to a few years ago. I remember looking at our commit lists like 4-5 years ago and seeing 5'7" 5'8" FS, SS... like it was like looking at the defensive backfield from the tri valley league