Cigargate 2017 | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Cigargate 2017

You would think despite his personal feeelings he would have shown more respect to his former players.
I would think the guy who made such a big deal about his family history of heart problems would ever smoke anything, but nobody ever accused him of being the brightest bulb.

We are trending in the right direction (Can I still say that?). Shafer is an assistant coach at a mid-major. This is as good as it will get for him. It was probably a hard-nosed cigar.

I would think the guy who made such a big deal about his family history of heart problems would ever smoke anything, but nobody ever accused him of being the brightest bulb.

Heart problems? Guy was a loose cannon hothead on the sidelines. Not a good combo.

Shafer should have gone and watched Dino's press conference after the game instead of smoking anything. Calm, classy, took the blame, and said all the right things.

Winning the press conference means not mentioning ISIS. Shafer showed his true colors today.

I smoked a cigar the day he was schlit canned.
I smoked a cigar when they lost last week.
I will smoke cigars for the remainder of whatever is left of his lifeless career.
I will die of mouth cancer as well.
That does not negate the fact he is a garbage sportsman.
Apparently that's what they do in Cleveland. I have no idea why this infuriates me so much.

Do we play MTSU anytime soon or was this a one and done?

I will smoke cigars for the remainder of whatever is left of his lifeless career.
Apparently that's what they do in Cleveland. I have no idea why this infuriates me so much.
He may be a "good guy" whatever that means but he's an awful ambassador for his team(s). I've never been more embarrassed to be a Syracuse fan than that Clemson game. I felt like we didn't even belong in D1 with his temper tantrum in the middle of the field.

Cursing in media interviews. I curse, but I don't curse when I'm on conference calls...because I'm a professional.

Then today with his cigar. Pathetic...

it was an emotional shatshow when it should have just been a football game.

He may be a "good guy" whatever that means but he's an awful ambassador for his team(s). I've never been more embarrassed to be a Syracuse fan than that Clemson game. I felt like we didn't even belong in D1 with his temper tantrum in the middle of the field.
Read thus game thread. You will feel worse but laugh at Chip.
SU vs Pitt Gameday Thread...

Cursing in media interviews. I curse, but I don't curse when I'm on conference calls...because I'm a professional.

Then today with his cigar. Pathetic...

EXACTLY
I litigate for a living. I leave these litigations with clear cut winners and losers. If I win, the 100% last thing I would ever even contemplate doing is showing anything other than professionalism. Whatever that may mean in the moment. Shoving a 10" macanudo in one's pie hole after taking "revenge" is so laughably amateurish and unprofessional its surreal. It almost negates the win.
I'm confident we will bounce back. I think Dino doesn't have a ton of confidence... whether it be the oline, WRs, RBs, I don't know. He's trying to play it safe and not lose games. We also need to realize Dino is HCing for the first time in the big time. This isn't some MAC dog schlit. He's still kinda figuring stuff out. Schemes worked at his level, I think his BG team would've boatraced us 52-13 couple years ago. We are such a hodgepodge of system players, injuries, makeshift feeling type of team still. I know he said year two... I'm thinking next year
Snake oil salesman I do not think he is. Although he'd be a great one. So... maybe he is.

This game was Shafer's vindication, I'm sure he's feeling pretty good about himself right now. This win is probably bigger than the Texas Bowl to him