Class of 2017 Last Spots | Page 5 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2017 Last Spots

Might have an issue physically getting Thorpe to Syracuse. One layover in Charlotte or something and we may never hear from the kid again...

I'm hoping that more grad transfer possibilities emerge because the guys currently on the market don't look like high-level ACC contributors to me.

Maybe the staff is working back channels on guys who have not declared their intentions.

I'm hoping that more grad transfer possibilities emerge because the guys currently on the market don't look like high-level ACC contributors to me.

Maybe the staff is working back channels on guys who have not declared their intentions.
I think Geno Thorpe is more ready to play in the ACC than John Gillon was. Gillon 5'9" with a slow release on his 3 and no floater. He worked really hard and had some great moments but due to his limitations it's not really possible for him to enter the ball to the post or play good defense at the top of the zone. The kid had a lot of heart and did the best he could do but he was never supposed to be a 30+ minute a game guard. Thorpe has better size, is a comparable shooter and a better offensive player in general. He is also 6'4" and is athletic enough to be a reasonable defender at the top of the zone.

Screen Shot 2017-04-25 at 9.44.12 PM.png

G. Thorpe USF

Maybe Matt Mobley?

The market is thinning and pretty quickly. It'd be nice to hear some news about interest but I doubt that's happening until a kid visits.

Maybe Matt Mobley?

The market is thinning and pretty quickly. It'd be nice to hear some news about interest but I doubt that's happening until a kid visits.
I still think there will be more players transferring. Although, IMO, the available talent is really hit or miss. It'll be tough to catch lightening twice and pick up another AWIII.

Cullen Neal is looking. Watched him a lot last year at Ole Miss. he's not a great defender but he can shoot. The zone might mask his slow feet a little.

Right - because our zone doesn't depend on quick lateral movements to recover.

no no no no no, no way man, otherwise SU would've recruited SEVERAL undersized, quick, and talented PGs
to play, but instead, it's clear that they need to be big enough for the top of the zone. it's never, "quickness", it's always "size".

kev

We should offer Nahziah Carter. He's open to committing for '17.
Would he help this year? He's not much of a shooter right?

We should offer Nahziah Carter. He's open to committing for '17.

I'm not too familiar with him. Is he tall enough or perimeter skilled enough to play the 3?

I'm not too familiar with him. Is he tall enough or perimeter skilled enough to play the 3?

6'6" athletic. I'll show you a clip from this weekend that showed off his athleticism.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom