Clemson Attendance | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

Clemson Attendance

Sorry to tell you, but after attending both games at Clemson and LSU, LSU fans treated us the best gave us food and drink and just all around great to visit. Clemson is good but did not hold a candle to visiting LSU.
By the way visiting SU does not hold a candle to LSU either.

LSU is my #1 for sure. Going to check out The Grove next month though.

StubHub has 3435 tickets for sale as of 7:00 a.m.

It will be interesting to see how many tickets move today. There seems to be more excitement around town every day.

To be fair to gbo, most Clemson fans seem to be from Connecticut and Jersey anyways.

StubHub has 3435 tickets for sale as of 7:00 a.m.

It will be interesting to see how many tickets move today. There seems to be more excitement around town every day.
Do we see this as all the tix remaining? So right now we are scheduled to have about 45-46k in seats?

Do we see this as all the tix remaining? So right now we are scheduled to have about 45-46k in seats?

There are tix on Ticketmaster that are not on stubhub. Many are the same but not all. So the real number is more than 3435. How much more we don’t know.

Heard Wildhack say this is going to be one of the five biggest crowds in Dome history.

Given the following:

1) The Dome's got ~750 fewer seats than it used to;
2) SU doesn't sell SRO tickets anymore; and
3) There have been way more than five sell-outs at the previous capacities,

he can't be correct about that.

Though I'm half expecting them to announce a crowd of like 52,429 tomorrow night, just for s---- and giggles.

why havent those resale prices dropped much? that makes no sense to me.

why havent those resale prices dropped much? that makes no sense to me.
They won't - I expect the bottom to be $40-$45. Scalpers would rather eat the loss than give them away cheap.

Almost all of those sideline ones up around WW are now the lowest on stubhub. One person appears to have like 200 of them listed at the same price in chunks of like 16 seats per listing.

The AD’s not that dumb. They clearly know theres a large chunk on resale via the third party vendors.

They need to hype this up as a historical event (top 5 sell out) to generate the hype to drive casuals to ticketmaster and stubhub.

Heard Wildhack say this is going to be one of the five biggest crowds in Dome history.

Given the following:

1) The Dome's got ~750 fewer seats than it used to;
2) SU doesn't sell SRO tickets anymore; and
3) There have been way more than five sell-outs at the previous capacities,

he can't be correct about that.

Though I'm half expecting them to announce a crowd of like 52,429 tomorrow night, just for s---- and giggles.
With actual turnstile numbers he's probably right.

...so this is why they’re letting us have breathers outside this year

I don't think anybody who was at Miami in 1980, Miami in 1992, Tennessee in 1998, or any of the Penn State games in the '80s would agree with that. Several of those were true sell-outs, and I think people in the stands are in agreement that there weren't empty seats to be found.

Remains to be seen if people perceive that tomorrow night (unlikely, with 3,000+ tickets not spoken for), but either way: the building's smaller these days.

Factually I don't see any way that Wildhack's comment could be accurate. Maybe it was off-the-cuff hyperbole.

Last edited:
I don't think anybody who was at Miami in 1980, Miami in 1992, Tennessee in 1998, or any of the Penn State games in the '80s would agree with that. Several of those were true sell-outs, and I think people in the stands are in agreement that there weren't empty seats to be found.

Remains to be seen if people perceive that tomorrow night (unlikely, with 3,000+ tickets not spoken for), but either way: the building's smaller these days.

Factually I don't see any way that Wildhack's comment could be accurate. Maybe it was off-the-cuff hyperbole.
You can take the guy out of ESPN but you can't take the ESPN hyperbole out of the guy ha.

Almost all of those sideline ones up around WW are now the lowest on stubhub. One person appears to have like 200 of them listed at the same price in chunks of like 16 seats per listing.

That’s the scalper I bet. They bought whole rows which in most cases is 16 seats.

We’ll see now if SU does tix distributed or fannies in the seats when they announce the attendance. It’s changed a few times over the past few years.

That’s the scalper I bet. They bought whole rows which in most cases is 16 seats.

Not much profit to be made selling those at $58ish with Stubhub keeping 15% off the top nowadays. I know my group seats in the 300 endzone were $40 each and ended up maybe like $42-43 after fees. Sideline ones were definitely more than that so they should be taking a big loss depending on how many they were able to sell higher before last weeks debacle.

Anything over 44,000 and the Dome will be very very loud regardless. Over 48 and I expect it to be deafening

We’ll see now if SU does tix distributed or fannies in the seats when they announce the attendance. It’s changed a few times over the past few years.

I think the UVA basketball game put a rest to that debate.

But yeah, tomorrow should offer more evidence. 49,300, they're counting tix distributed. 47 or 48 something, they can continue the turnstyle charade.

You can take the guy out of ESPN but you can't take the ESPN hyperbole out of the guy ha.

Yup, I think so. He can get a pass for that one, TV people like hyperbole and making rankings.

Last edited:
Thing I don’t get is, what changed? We’ve had other football games with huge crowds and we’ve had plenty of them in basketball. I have never seen any other game in either sport where 1,000’s of tickets were pulled off the site and put on the resale site in these quantities. Sure joe fan has put tix on the resale site but not in these numbers and such large chunks of sections.

Thing I don’t get is, what changed? We’ve had other football games with huge crowds and we’ve had plenty of them in basketball. I have never seen any other game in either sport where 1,000’s of tickets were pulled off the site and out on the resale site in these quantities. Sure joe fan has put tix on the resale site but not in these numbers and suck large chunks of sections.
People knew end of season last year this would likely be Clemson’s only tough game of the regular season. SU was undefeated in the Dome last year, Clemson’s the returning natty champ and has Peyton Manning II. Theres 30+ games and 30+ opportunities in a college basketball season for a number 1 team to fall. Not so much in football. People knew this would be the #1 event for Syracuse in 2019 and they decided to approach it with how can I make a quick buck.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom