Clemson fans | Syracusefan.com

Clemson fans

anomander

Living Legend
Are easily my most favorite fan base in the ACC. It's good seeing the amount of Clemson fans that come over here on game week. It's great going up against a program that loves their football. For the most part they seem to be the nicest group around, and I don't even mind the few trolls. When we finally get things going again this could be a great series.

Are easily my most favorite fan base in the ACC. It's good seeing the amount of Clemson fans that come over here on game week. It's great going up against a program that loves their football. For the most part they seem to be the nicest group around, and I don't even mind the few trolls. When we finally get things going again this could be a great series.
Wait until one day we beat them, things will change and I don't suspect they will be that friendly.

They love there football you are right, but my favourite fan base in the ACC would have to be FSU. Clemson fans on SbNation are just awful as well. (So thin skinned, if you say we have a chance to beat them they just freak out)

To each his own.

I agree. It is good to be associate with a program with fans as passionate as Clemson's are. I hope someday our fanbase can catch up to them.

Wait until one day we beat them, things will change and I don't suspect they will be that friendly.

They love there football you are right, but my favourite fan base in the ACC would have to be FSU. Clemson fans on SbNation are just awful as well. (So thin skinned, if you say we have a chance to beat them they just freak out)

To each his own.
I'm going to respectfully disagree with you there. Our fans are extremely friendly to visitors at Clemson regardless of the outcome.

I going to respectfully disagree with you there. Our fans are extremely friendly to visitors at Clemson regardless of the outcome.
Not the experience I had.

I'm sure some fans are great, the experience I had at Death Valley was disgusting, and won't be told. Not to friendly to people north of the border.

I'm sure some fans are great, the experience I had at Death Valley was disgusting, and won't be told. Not to friendly to people north of the border.
I'm sorry that happened to you my friend. There are bad fans in every bunch. Hopefully your next trip will be a better experience.

To each his own.

I actually feel the opposite. I absolutely hate the FSU people on SBNation, and all the FSU service guys. They are absolutely brutal. For some reason that clown Poliquin tried to villainize Clemson fans.

Just out of curiosity, which game did you go to Death Valley to see? We have only played twice, last year and 1995 Gator bowl.

I had a blast hanging out with Clemson students at the Gator Bowl back in 1995. Couldn't have been nicer. They brought us out to dinner, because we were also students, but fairly poor and had no vehicle. Actually took a Greyhound bus down there, Americana. We ended up going out New Year's Eve with a group of about 50 of them.

They were pretty confident about their team, and didn't think of much of a team from Syracuse. So the only unfortunate part, because of when we had to leave, we didn't get to go back to the hotel with our 41-0 signs.

Wish I was making the Death Valley trip this year, but wasn't to be. Future trip for sure. Maybe in 2 years when AJ and Ish are juniors.

I hope y'all have a wonderful time. I think you'll find everyone to be friendly. Come walk around, you'll be surprised at how many people will invite you to join their tailgates?

I had a different experience last year. There was a group of Clemmies behind me in the preferred STH section ... (remind me to thank the SU "fan" that sold his sole to this bunch). They were unduly loud, drunk and rude ("your team plays like HS ... ", etc), making a one-sided game all the more miserable.

Then there's the Tiger troll who showed up on the board last year, and again thi year for a repeat performance, not to mention the clemmy-clown who posted some trash in Poloquin's blog, etc...

So ... where are all these nice, polite clemmies that everyone's talking about?

They are probably fine in person or at a tailgate. And a few here have been fun. I have enjoyed southern hospitality and do find it refreshing...

But their board last year was horrible; single-handily taking a tweet and a few comments about how our players thought they could win and blowing them up to some sort of mammoth dis. They overate their recent success and forget their mediocre past. They are The ACC's thinnest-skinned fans for a reason.

Just out of curiosity, which game did you go to Death Valley to see? We have only played twice, last year and 1995 Gator bowl.
Vs Texas A & M 05.
It was a small bunch, it is rather unfair to call out the whole fanbase but it was not very fun.

I've enjoyed the Clemson fans who have come here. On their board...it's not as much fun to try to interact.

But that's also true of most fanbases. Unfortunately, actual intelligent, respectful discourse is a rarity on ANY fan message board.

I can't stand the stupid trash talk, for the most part (I've partaken, but only after people were so insanely disrespectful to our program that I finally just couldn't bite my lip). Give me fans who just want to enjoy the game and understand that none of us are going to be on the field so there's no point in going at each other's throats. gobigorange certainly fits the bill of the better class of fan, which I appreciate.

I had a different experience last year. There was a group of Clemmies behind me in the preferred STH section ... (remind me to thank the SU "fan" that sold his sole to this bunch). They were unduly loud, drunk and rude ("your team plays like HS ... ", etc), making a one-sided game all the more miserable.

Then there's the Tiger troll who showed up on the board last year, and again thi year for a repeat performance, not to mention the clemmy-clown who posted some trash in Poloquin's blog, etc...

like anything so much is chance, and by pure chance I ran across GREAT Clemson fans both before the game here and in person and then during the game welcomed a few and had great chats. Classiest and nicest fan base, by and large, I've seen to date of any of our opponents the past 25 or so years. I'm sure there are some rogue jerks like any fanbase as someone noted, but there seems to be so many less amongst them.

And hey if you didn't look like such a hard a$$ tough guy they'd probably have been nicer to you ;):)

like anything so much is chance, and by pure chance I ran across GREAT Clemson fans both before the game here and in person and then during the game welcomed a few and had great chats. Classiest and nicest fan base, by and large, I've seen to date of any of our opponents the past 25 or so years. I'm sure there are some rogue jerks like any fanbase as someone noted, but there seems to be so many less amongst them.

And hey if you didn't look like such a hard a$$ tough guy they'd probably have been nicer to you ;):)
Lol, That is funny, CR. And it might have been a plausible excuse, if it weren't for the fact that the offenders were seated BEHIND me. ;)

At any rate, I'm sure the vast majority of clemson alums are classy folks ... hoping to meet some of them at the next opportunity.

And btw, where have YOU been for the last couple of FINE MESS tailgates?

Some of the fans that come here are brutal; others are great. Every Clemson fan I met in the Dome and around Syracuse last year was great. They really brought a huge contingent to the Dome and it was a nice welcome to the ACC.

I had a blast hanging out with Clemson students at the Gator Bowl back in 1995. Couldn't have been nicer. They brought us out to dinner, because we were also students, but fairly poor and had no vehicle. Actually took a Greyhound bus down there, Americana. We ended up going out New Year's Eve with a group of about 50 of them.

They were pretty confident about their team, and didn't think of much of a team from Syracuse. So the only unfortunate part, because of when we had to leave, we didn't get to go back to the hotel with our 41-0 signs.

Wish I was making the Death Valley trip this year, but wasn't to be. Future trip for sure. Maybe in 2 years when AJ and Ish are juniors.
I didn't make the bowl game that year but I was working for one of the biggest Clemson fans at the time . He was a big donor, on the Finance Committee, at the game and the famous Walker course (golf) was named after his father. I still had a job after the game! Seriously, one of the greatest guys I ever worked with. Represents everything good about Clemson and their fans. I'm going to visit with him to catch up pre-game. clemson fans are a class act and anyone at the game will be greeted like long lost friends win or loose. And let's hope it's loose! Go Cuse!

Lol, That is funny, CR. And it might have been a plausible excuse, if it weren't for the fact that the offenders were seated BEHIND me. ;)

At any rate, I'm sure the vast majority of clemson alums are classy folks ... hoping to meet some of them at the next opportunity.

And btw, where have YOU been for the last couple of FINE MESS tailgates?
was there cooking bright and early for the last one against FSU. Missed you guys earlier though. I'll be head guy and chef for the next one vs. NCst. 11/1 so hope to see you guys then.

was there cooking bright and early for the last one against FSU. Missed you guys earlier though. I'll be head guy and chef for the next one vs. NCst. 11/1 so hope to see you guys then.
Yes we missed you guys at F-St, but we'll be at the next one. Looking forward to seeing you and catching up.

To each his own.

You're not alone, most Clemson fans don't like the SB Nation Clemson fans either. They're a crotchety, pessimistic bunch over there.

Clemson fans that come here are generally great, and I've heard that its an awesome trip and they're very hospitable, but the ones at STS on SBN (with some exceptions) are awful. You can't say something positive about your team without them freaking out about it being disparaging towards Clemson.

Clemson fans that come here are generally great
... except some kid named Chase who decided to grace us with his presence this week. I gather that he's only 18 (1/3/96 ?) which is impacting his "knowledge" of college football history. He appears to have left his manners at his mother's dining table since he doesn't bring it down to his room in her basement.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom