Clemson kickoff: Noon / ABC | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Clemson kickoff: Noon / ABC

take the points either way. Whats the total?

Clemson’s O has scored 30+ every game (so far).

And while their D is quite good, as always -
Teams are scoring on them.

FSU was able to put up 28.
Something called LA Tech scored 20.
Ditto NC State.
Wake 45 in a 1 OT game.

We’re gonna hafta hold them at/under 30 to win.
Our D is capable of that.

The O will need a clean game, minimize TO’s and self-inflicted penalties, take advantage when opportunities arise.

We can DO THIS.
LFGO!!!!

Tucker almost single handedly willed us to victory last year vs Clemson then we inexplicably abandoned the run in the 2nd half.
I remember Clemson making adjustments to stop it moreso than us abandoning it. We didn't have the passing game to make them pay.

I think it would be cool if everyone had three nominations for post of the year every calendar year and then at the end of the year whatever post had the most nominations gets some kind of kangaroo Court award.

How bout a pair of kangaroos, ones with the little pocket on the side that will hold maybe 2 pennies.

Clemson’s O has scored 30+ every game (so far).

And while their D is quite good, as always -
Teams are scoring on them.

FSU was able to put up 28.
Something called LA Tech scored 20.
Ditto NC State.
Wake 45 in a 1 OT game.

We’re gonna hafta hold them at/under 30 to win.
Our D is capable of that.

The O will need a clean game, minimize TO’s and self-inflicted penalties, take advantage when opportunities arise.

We can DO THIS.
LFGO!!!!
Last night was the first time this season we have all all our defensive starts playing in one game. Against WF we were missing 5 starters, NC State was 3 starters out. I am not making excuses about how we played. It was bad. As for last night one our D lineman admitted that they though FSU was gonna fold because the fan were clearing out so they lost focus. He gave a ton of praise to the FSU team for not quiting and fighting the entire time. He said it was a mistake to believe they would give up and it almost cost them a win. Hopefully the entire D learns from that.

All that being said, this game always makes me nervous because no matter how good or bad either team is the game always seems to be a fight that anyone can win. Heres to a good game with no injuries and of course a Clemson win.

6-0 at 7-0 should have been either 3:30 or prime time kickoff. And ESPN/ABC should have realized a chance to get a larger share of the northeastern TV audience with this game.

Clemson is a draw, but only so many times you can have them on the 7:30 ABC game. This would have been 4 in a row.

BC game should have been a nooner.

Mannnnnnn, o man if you told me this is an actual post I’d be witnessing with my eyes early august … it’s beautiful . We are literally the biggest game of the year for the acc, and these morons made it a nooner. Thank you! The kickoff time is absolutely an advantage if there ever would be one in Death Valley. If we can do it, we’ll create the uproar of the century!

Last night was the first time this season we have all all our defensive starts playing in one game. Against WF we were missing 5 starters, NC State was 3 starters out. I am not making excuses about how we played. It was bad. As for last night one our D lineman admitted that they though FSU was gonna fold because the fan were clearing out so they lost focus. He gave a ton of praise to the FSU team for not quiting and fighting the entire time. He said it was a mistake to believe they would give up and it almost cost them a win. Hopefully the entire D learns from that.

All that being said, this game always makes me nervous because no matter how good or bad either team is the game always seems to be a fight that anyone can win. Heres to a good game with no injuries and of course a Clemson win.
Someone observed that by end of game yesterday we were down to four starters on D.

Congratulations on your success this season, helluva run. A lot of gutsy play from what I have seen and I was openly pulling for y’all against NC State.

A game against Syracuse deserves a 3:30 kick off, or later, given how damn tough y’all always play against the Tigers. Hate you will miss the new upgrades for night games but I am taking my son (9) to the game and appreciate the earlier game time.

Looking forward to a great game with our orange brethren from the north. Fingers crossed for no major injuries to either team on Saturday.

Y’all have been great competitors (and fans) since joining the league and expecting nothing different this year. Safe travels to all who make it down.

Last edited:
This is one of the better board posts of calendar year 2022.
Well, my son and his fiance, originally from India are there (in India now) so my son can meet her family, and we have a Facetime set up for about 1/4 into the game for the parents to meet. Son and future dil 36 and 37, so I will just have to miss about 30-45 minutes of the game. This is a really big deal, meeting my future dil parents from India on Facetime..

Well, my son and his fiance, originally from India are there (in India now) so my son can meet her family, and we have a Facetime set up for about 1/4 into the game for the parents to meet. Son and future dil 36 and 37, so I will just have to miss about 30-45 minutes of the game. This is a really big deal, meeting my future dil parents from India on Facetime..
So you can set up your phone/tablet so that the TV is directly behind. They'll never know you're looking just over the top and watching the game instead of them. Mwahahaha.

To the above Clemson fans, you are always the nicest opposing fans. Yes to no injuries. I just want a close game. Thank you for coming to visit us in our forum. Always welcomed.
Thanks for having us. I actually was on here a few times over the years but lost access to the email that was associated with the account so I had to create a new account.

If you go back to the game at their place in 2018… also a nooner… that’s the script for keeping it a 1-score game into the 4th. Need 2 turnovers by Clemson… a muffed punt return… a muffed handoff by Lawrence… and it has to give us a short field. Our opening drive needs to set the tone. It would also help if there was a QB controversy in the week leading up to the game. Alas, we don’t have that last one.

At the very least we’ll be away from home so we may not lose another defensive player to injury this week.

The biggest issue is that nasty NFL talented Dline they have. But then again, I was concerned about our Oline and we looked like a whole new team against NCS so who knows?

How many will be out this weekend?
The count was down to four guys who started the first game. We’d previously lost the starting nose tackle and a starting LB for the season.

Both of our starting corners, who we rate very highly, did not finish the game. We’re not sure of status, but we’re speculating that neither is particularly serious. Our star linebacker also got dinged up but came back in.

Other guys out were situational/rest-related personnel changes.