Clemson Opens -7.5 | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Clemson Opens -7.5

Also, their FG kicker is a choke artist. Need him to keep,it up. I expect Clemson to go for it on 4th down in our territory within FG range
I feel bad for the kid but that’s a fair point. Both of their place kickers look to be in rough shape recently.

Not saying anything profound, but it's imperative on Saturday that we play disciplined. No shanked punts, muffed punt returns, getting behind the sticks with false starts/offsides penalties, missed extra points, missed chip shot FGs, etc. And Garrett can't throw mindless INTs.

And for the love of freaking God, no personal fouls that kill drives or gift Clemson first downs.

Week 5 Picks ATS
CFBTalkDaily is in 1st with a 44-25 record this season

F7C78wyWMAA8omp

Man, hard not to get pumped about this weekend's game! Two more days...

Not saying anything profound, but it's imperative on Saturday that we play disciplined. No shanked punts, muffed punt returns, getting behind the sticks with false starts/offsides penalties, missed extra points, missed chip shot FGs, etc. And Garrett can't throw mindless INTs.

And for the love of freaking God, no personal fouls that kill drives or gift Clemson first downs.
I think we will likely continue to see some of that. It seems like this is, more often than not, our MO. And yet, we have found ways to win. Let's hope that the latter trend continues on Saturday.

I expect the D will play well. But Shrader will need to have a monster game. He (with the help of the crowd) is the difference maker.

Ah discipline..

The thing that always scares the bajeebers out of me in high emotion games like this are the sideline plays. It often seems that the late game high emotion sideline tackles that are or are not called personal fouls often determine the outcome of the game.

Add to that the fact that these are always bang bang judgement calls by referees who are flawed simply by being human, and I feel myself getting nervous already. LGO!!

Ah discipline..

The thing that always scares the bajeebers out of me in high emotion games like this are the sideline plays. It often seems that the late game high emotion sideline tackles that are or are not called personal fouls often determine the outcome of the game.

Add to that the fact that these are always bang bang judgement calls by referees who are flawed simply by being human, and I feel myself getting nervous already. LGO!!
What makes me nervous are the refs themselves, especially when playing against the premiere Carolina team of the entire conference with their season in the balance.

Ah discipline..

And invariably, key calls went against us in each of the previous two games down there.

Hope that the home field works to our advantage this time around.

Exactly this. We can't give them extra shots after we get stops. extending drives for them and giving them extra possessions is what will beat us if we allow it to. We play clean, we can/should win the game.

And invariably, key calls went against us in each of the previous two games down there.

Hope that the home field works to our advantage this time around.
A big, loud crowd can sometimes help with calls. Let’s hope that is the case this week.

What makes me nervous are the refs themselves, especially when playing against the premiere Carolina team of the entire conference with their season in the balance.
in the balance? Its over

A 10-2 Clemson with only losses against only Duke and FSU could land a NY6 bow still.
I mean sure but that means nothing to tiger fans and means almost nothing to the conference seeing as there is enough talent in the conference to get 2 teams without "helping" Clemson get into the NY6 this year.

Yeah. Especially no missed extra point or taking a knee in scoring range if they are going to ruin my parlays again. Both of my parlays would have hit last week if not for those things. Come on now. Think of the SU fans. ;)

I'm not sure if the thread for degenerate gamblers is the perfect or worst place for this post.

If I were looking at this objectively, I’d be betting Clemson. Coming off a tough loss, -6.5, 75% of public bets on Cuse. I’m hoping that the motivation and will of Shrader, marlowe, Caleb, and the other leaders will get us the W and prove the fans that this year is different than last, but I don’t have a great feeling.

If I were looking at this objectively, I’d be betting Clemson. Coming off a tough loss, -6.5, 75% of public bets on Cuse. I’m hoping that the motivation and will of Shrader, marlowe, Caleb, and the other leaders will get us the W and prove the fans that this year is different than last, but I don’t have a great feeling.
The hardest thing to fathom is this A) putting Clemson at 2-3 with a loss and B) 0-3 in ACC play

I think that's the mental hurdle for some

The hardest thing to fathom is this A) putting Clemson at 2-3 with a loss and B) 0-3 in ACC play

I think that's the mental hurdle for some
Bingo. I’ve been very reserved this week about my projections. I so so so badly want to say cuse win, my heart says it. My gut on the other hand….. thinks Vegas is spot on like they somehow typically are. Cool thing is that my opinions mean nothing to the game and for all I know we could win by 21 like Duke did. Regardless of how I feel I am still going all out cheering us on to win. I absolutely know we can win, do we do the small things to get us there is the question? I can’t wait for tomorrow. LGO

I really don’t care one iota about the point spread except as an indication of how others view the game. I don’t gamble and beating the spread is meaningless. Just win.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom