Clemson QB Kelly Bryant...He gone to Mizzou | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Clemson QB Kelly Bryant...He gone to Mizzou

Surprised he hasn't transferred. He was a top 15 QB last year.

As such, he prolly thought he'd compete with the new freshman, Lawrence, but still keep his starting job.

Looks like the writing is now on the wall and he lost that battle.

Makes sense to redshirt and transfer if he wants to play elsewhere and still hopes to get drafted.

Lol. No.

The rush to start Lawrence is that he's good enough to be the difference in the playoff and he needs experience. He's outplayed Bryant. I don't think they are any more worried about Syracuse than any other team on their schedule. Bottom line: if they think Lawrence gives them the best chance to win the game, you play him. I think that's what happened.

Note: Doing so now is classy and a nice move on Dabo's part. He could have started Bryant this week and then sat him, limiting his chance to play anywhere else.
He couldn't afford to fall behind and and then put in the frosh and let our D take chances against him, blitzing and stunting. He has never played without the lead. And he really couldn't screw over a guy like Bryant like that and not have it hurt recruiting.

Look, Dabo said this is one of the best offenses that they will see this year. The FEAR of the SU offensive potential forced his hand and cost him a huge piece of his offense.

You could not be more delusional on this.

Have you seen Lawrence throw? He's like a 6-6 version of Tommy, only more accurate.

(He comes off cocky as hell, but it might be warranted)

He couldn't afford to fall behind and and then put in the frosh and let our D take chances against him, blitzing and stunting. He has never played without the lead. And he really couldn't screw over a guy like Bryant like that and not have it hurt recruiting.

You don't make that kind of decision based on opponent. You make it based on all of the evidence in practice and on the field. He's that good.

It's too bad Dabo couldn't have just played Bryant in 4 chosen games this year and it had to happen after the first 4. Rock meet hard place situation now. I'm sure Bryant wouldn't have gone for that scenario either but at least he would have had a choice...also, maybe Dabo said to him..."If you beat out Lawrence you'll be QB1 but if you don't, he is." In my mind, Dabo wants to be great on O and not just very good along with having continuity on offense with just 1 QB.

You don't make that kind of decision based on opponent. You make it based on all of the evidence in practice and on the field. He's that good.
There aren't many teams that could go up 21-0 on Clemson in the blink of an eye or who Dabo thinks could score 40+ points against them. Syracuse can.

CousCuse

guipvgh.jpg

It has nothing to do with us IMO. We just happen to be game 5 on their schedule. I think Dabo was going to make the change and is doing right by Kelly. I think it's a class move.

There aren't many teams that could go up 21-0 on Clemson in the blink of an eye or who Dabo thinks could score 40+ points against them. Syracuse can.

That's irrelevant.

You start the guy who is the better QB who gives you the best chance to win. The only other calculation is doing right by Kelly Bryant. The end.

It has nothing to do with us IMO. We just happen to be game 4 on their schedule. I think Dabo was going to make the change and is doing right by Kelly. I think it's a class move.
Why do you guys all bye into this nonsense. Do you really think he can afford to lose Bryant when he has all the other pieces for an NC. It's not like Lawrence was going to transfer.

That's irrelevant.

You start the guy who is the better QB who gives you the best chance to win. The only other calculation is doing right by Kelly Bryant. The end.
Oh Ok, since you said so.

Look, Dabo said this is one of the best offenses that they will see this year. The FEAR of the SU offensive potential forced his hand and cost him a huge piece of his offense.

Man..well if somehow we manage to beat you, losing so much... will not say much about the future for your season.

I'm not the one who uses declarative's like stop, or the end, as if I'm somehow superior.

No - just confident based on the available info. If I'm proven wrong on this, I'll own it.

Man..well if somehow we manage to beat you, losing so much... will not say much about the future for your season.
You know as well as I that it is almost guaranteed that you will need playing time from back up QB's at some point during the season. Maybe not, but this is a physical sport and a tough league.

No - just confident based on the available info. If I'm proven wrong on this, I'll own it.
Well, if Lawrence doesn't lead them to an undefeated season and the playoffs, Dabo is doing to get lambasted for this decision.

we didnt even get through game 1 or 3 withou QB getting dinged.. and probably lose game 1 if it had been real serious. they didnt get through our game last year

Good thin
You know as well as I that it is almost guaranteed that you will need playing time from back up QB's at some point during the season. Maybe not, but this is a physical sport and a tough league.

Good thing we have a 4* RS frosh...
Well, ifrence doesn't lead them to an undefeated season and the playoffs, Dabo is doing to get lambasted for this decision.

Not sure we need to be undefeated, but sure... Dabo is in a high stakes job and makes a ton of money. Pretty much any year we don't make the playoffs folks will 2nd guess him now. I am good w/ that...and pretty sure Dabo is too.

Hey...just maybe, he is starting the guy he thinks is actually 'better'. May make our skill at WR and RB even "better" and more productive. Yikers...I know we have been so bad this move appears to you to be about desperation and just a hope to compete with Cuse this weekend. But...maybe, we can put it all together this weekend. For once.

Doesn't Clemson have 17 all american RBs they can just roll out and run it down our throat to take the pressure off the Freshman QB ohhh and said Freshman QB has been playing better the Senior QB...
*ROLLS EYES* yeah this is good for us
Your realism/almost pessimism is dividing this household!

we didnt even get through game 1 or 3 withou QB getting dinged.. and probably lose game 1 if it had been real serious. they didnt get through our game last year

He was hurt before that game... really shouldn't have played at all in hindsight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom