Clemson QB Kelly Bryant...He gone to Mizzou | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Clemson QB Kelly Bryant...He gone to Mizzou

This is year 4 for him, so he would have to redshirt to grad-transfer

Why? He is a 4 year player. If he finished his year in clemson as a player on the team, graduates in the spring, why couldn't he go to say West Virginia as a grad transfer?

Why? He is a 4 year player. If he finished his year in clemson as a player on the team, graduates in the spring, why couldn't he go to say West Virginia as a grad transfer?
Because you can only play in games for 4 years, UNTIL this year. They just changed the rule where you can play 4 games and still redshirt.

Also - CousCuse may be out of his GD mind but it'll be a cold day in hell before I start siding with Clemson fans on this board, during Clemson week. Let's go to battle CousCuse - 'Cuse is taking this one. Hop aboard the crazy orange express everyone LETS GOOOOO

I'll ask you two questions. Is Clemson a better team with or without Bryant and does it increase or decrease Clemsons' chances of winning the NC not having Bryant on the team? If you answer those questions honestly, then maybe you'll see my point.

Yet to be seen. If we come out and put up 40+ this weekend...one could say we are obviously better off, particularly if the 2nd team QB enters the game at any point and Clemson wins.

I'll ask you two questions. Is Clemson a better team with or without Bryant and does it increase or decrease Clemsons' chances of winning the NC not having Bryant on the team? If you answer those questions honestly, then maybe you'll see my point.

Those aren't the right questions. The right question is whether or not they are better with Trevor Lawrence or Kelly Bryant as their QB? Hence why Lawrence is now the starter. It would have been a disservice to Bryant to do to him what Saban is doing to Hurts. I bet that Saban announced Tua as the starter because he was afraid of Arkansas State right? Or was it because 1 had clearly established himself as the better QB at that point? There's a reason that everyone here is disagreeing with you and it's not because they are wrong.

He didn't like getting supplanted, so now presumably, he will transfer to another school and supplant someone.

b37696e7b64ca670c0fad4aee96d56b6bafdba3e2c5031319e1ef98f244427f9.jpg

Ok couscous...so if I am following you here, this is the situation on how stupid/scared Dabo is:

1) If Clemson loses this weekend, Dabo is an idiot for how he handled the Kelly Bryant situation.
2) If Clemson barely wins... the jury is still out.
3) If Clemson wins, and at any point our 'new' 2nd team QB plays... Dabo made the right decision.

That it in a nut shell?

Ok couscous...so if I am following you here, this is the situation on how stupid/scared Dabo is:

1) If Clemson loses this weekend, Dabo is an idiot for how he handled the Kelly Bryant situation.
2) If Clemson barely wins... the jury is still out.
3) If Clemson wins, and at any point our 'new' 2nd team QB plays... Dabo made the right decision.

That it in a nut shell?
I'm not saying he is stupid, I'm saying his hand was forced by Babers. It sounded like he did not want to do this but felt like he had no choice. Advantage Syracuse.

OK, well you are the only one who thinks he felt as though he had no choice...lol.

Hold tight to that ideal there princess.

Never know, maybe you will be proven correct. If so, and you all win this game convincingly as you suggest will happen as we are starting this 'freshman'...and how well you performed last weekend against UConn (FSU is really bad, os I am sure you are not using that as a reference :) ... this game should not be close.

OK, well you are the only one who thinks he felt as though he had no choice...lol.

Hold tight to that ideal there princess.

Never know, maybe you will be proven correct. If so, and you all win this game convincingly as you suggest will happen as we are starting this 'freshman'...and how well you performed last weekend against UConn (FSU is really bad, os I am sure you are not using that as a reference :) ... this game should not be close.
Just a second there TT. Who have y'all played this year...mighty Furman and Georgia Southern and a GT who is struggling and is 1-3. And an A&M that Jimbo took over that has it's own issues who y'all almost lost to.

This isn't the calculation. Of course they'd be better with a proven guy as backup. The calculation that you seem to miss is if he plays another down in a Clemson uni he's stuck with no option to transfer. Dabo did the guy a solid in saying here's your choice, we'd love to have you as our backup - but we want to do right by you and give you the choice while you can still make it.

This consideration is 10000x more important than what Dabo thinks of our offense.

I did. Didn’t make any sense there either so I figured I’d give it another shot.
I'm sure that in the next few days Dabo will say about exactly what I've said, but I wouldn't expect you to give me any credit.

I don't get what all the rancor is about here.

Lawrence has been better than Bryant so far this year.
And it's not really even close.
You play your best guys. Dino does the same.

By benching Bryant now, Dabo gave him the ability to do exactly what he's now doing - seeking a transfer, so he can play a full year someplace else next season.

(Dabo may or may not have thought that Bryant would act on that opportunity, but the fact that he can, and did, is what seems to be in the best interests of the young man. Kudos for Dabo for that.)

The kid is an amazing talent, and for Clemson's sake they'd better hope he says healthy now.

You don't make that kind of decision based on opponent. You make it based on all of the evidence in practice and on the field. He's that good.
You are correct...he is that good!

This isn't the calculation. Of course they'd be better with a proven guy as backup. The calculation that you seem to miss is if he plays another down in a Clemson uni he's stuck with no option to transfer. Dabo did the guy a solid in saying here's your choice, we'd love to have you as our backup - but we want to do right by you and give you the choice while you can still make it.

This consideration is 10000x more important than what Dabo thinks of our offense.
Why couldn't things stay the same? He starts and TL get lots of playing time. I f this was chess, losing Bryant would be like losing a knight or a castle or a bishop. Tou need those pieces to win.

Just a second there TT. Who have y'all played this year...mighty Furman and Georgia Southern and a GT who is struggling and is 1-3. And an A&M that Jimbo took over that has it's own issues who y'all almost lost to.

Where did I say we have played "anyone"? That said, we have not played well yet really... yet are 4 and 0.

I'm sure that in the next few days Dabo will say about exactly what I've said, but I wouldn't expect you to give me any credit.

He's already said that he did it because Lawrence is better and he wanted to do right by Bryant.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom