Clemson Single Game Tickets: SOLD OUT | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Clemson Single Game Tickets: SOLD OUT

I think our secondary can keep Lawrence from going over the top on us. If they can we’re gonna have a shot to go punch for punch with them in the Dome.

Heavy snow that weekend, IIRC. That would've held the actual attendance well below the announced. For whatever it's worth, I never saw the game live but it sticks in my head that there were quite a few empty seats in the highlights. But it was (wow) 15+ years ago so that memory might not be rock-solid.

The snow memory is solid, though, because I know where I was that day, and there's video evidence of the weather:

Lots of snow hit Central Jersey that Friday. I got stuck on 287 and had to turn around and go home. I was so pissed I had to miss the game. I thought, how can a little snow keep me from the game? I'm from Syracuse! Well, a little snow didn't, but a lot of snow did.

Just to reattack on the season ticket nums. Rutgers has fallen off a cliff. I'm not sure they will be at 15K. Syracuse OTOH should be close to 30K. I feel real confident 42K will be our worse case season game average.

Just to reattack on the season ticket nums. Rutgers has fallen off a cliff. I'm not sure they will be at 15K. Syracuse OTOH should be close to 30K. I feel real confident 42K will be our worse case season game average.

we start 3-0 and we are looking at 45k or higher quickly.

This look about right?

Clemson: 49K (50K)
Western Michigan: 38K (42K w/ W vs. Clemson)
Holy Cross: 35K (40K w/ W vs. Clemson, 4-0 Start)
Pitt: 45K
BC: 45K
Wake: 42K

Average: 42,300

Need to win of course. Another 4-8-type season would not help.

This look about right?

Clemson: 49K (50K)
Western Michigan: 38K (42K w/ W vs. Clemson)
Holy Cross: 35K (40K w/ W vs. Clemson, 4-0 Start)
Pitt: 45K
BC: 45K
Wake: 42K

Average: 42,300

Need to win of course. Another 4-8-type season would not help.

I think Western Michigan will be a little lower, win or lose the previous week. If season ticket sales are really above 30,000, Holy Cross's floor will be a bit higher. And if we win a ton of games and the weather and kick-off time are OK, Wake could be a lot higher (regardless of the opponent, CNY expats usually seem to turn out for Thanksgiving weekend games). But in general this sounds about right.

I have a friend at the ticket office and saw her yesterday. She said the internal projection right now for Clemson is around 50,050. Gonna be rockin.

An interesting projection - seeing as how there is probably around 20k seats still available

I have a friend at the ticket office and saw her yesterday. She said the internal projection right now for Clemson is around 50,050. Gonna be rockin.

I agree with your last sentence (assuming we're 2-0, obviously), but I'm gonna say with some confidence that SU's never going to put 50,000 people into the Carrier Dome ever again.

IF (and im not counting us out yet.) we beat clemson and are 3-0 as well as in control of our destiny in the atlantic i dont think its impossible to sell out Pitt/BC.

Maybe not a true "sell-out," but I agree - if SU's undefeated or got one reasonable loss, Pitt and BC are probably going to be "impossible to move in the concourses, no visible empty seats" -level of attendance.

An interesting projection - seeing as how there is probably around 20k seats still available
Its pretty easy to project based on #of seasons/others sold and historical data for sales leading up to games. She reiterated that the Projection is if we're undefeated. Also, she told me that gameday is not official yet, but plans have been made and hotel rooms reserved in preparation for it. Again, need to be 2-0

Where do you get 20k left? You’re obviously including the student section and Clemson tix in that number which aren’t “available”, but even at that there’s not that many left. My guess at “available” is 5k maybe 6k at most.

Where do you get 20k left? You’re obviously including the student section and Clemson tix in that number which aren’t “available”, but even at that there’s not that many left. My guess at “available” is 5k maybe 6k at most.
Yea
I’m thinking there holding 6 to 8 k for students ( guaranteed to fill seats)
4000 seasons
2 to 3 k secondary sellers
So about 6 or 7 k actually available.

There are zero tickets shown in group areas. If they sold those out already I would be stunned.

Tie that in with some student tickets and the clemson area (Clemson isn't using their full alotment)

Also adding the thousands of season tickets that are shown on the map, and the ones the general public can't see.

Maybe 20k is too high. That number is not below 15k though. I know that building. I know the game that's played with what is shown and what is not.

In my best estimation I would say we need about 15k seats sold to get to a sell out, and I believe we get there. Things will pick up big time in August.

Yea
I’m thinking there holding 6 to 8 k for students ( guaranteed to fill seats)
4000 seasons
2 to 3 k secondary sellers
So about 6 or 7 k actually available.

The students will for sure sell out (but game time is going to be interesting to see how it fills in and how quickly)

I'd wager it's closer to 8-10k seasons

2-3k secondary sellers seems fair

Now add in all the group tickets that haven't sold yet and the partial plans that haven't sold out

The students will for sure sell out (but game time is going to be interesting to see how it fills in and how quickly)

Now add in all the group tickets that haven't sold yet and the partial plans that haven't sold out

All of it is semantics at this point.

Come September 14, given we are 2-0, it will be the toughest ticket to get in a long, long time.

EDITORS NOTE: I was able to get two tickets to the Miami game in 1998 pretty easily for face value, as a senior in high school courtesy of the Syracuse.com message board. I think the likelihood of someone getting a ticket face value a week before the game for this one is a lot less likely, if we are 2-0 and look decent.

They gave us the number, it’s about 4K seasons

There are zero tickets shown in group areas. If they sold those out already I would be stunned.

Tie that in with some student tickets and the clemson area (Clemson isn't using their full alotment)

Also adding the thousands of season tickets that are shown on the map, and the ones the general public can't see.

Maybe 20k is too high. That number is not below 15k though. I know that building. I know the game that's played with what is shown and what is not.

In my best estimation I would say we need about 15k seats sold to get to a sell out, and I believe we get there. Things will pick up big time in August.
what makes you think clemson wont use all its allotment?

clemson sold a bunch last time.. didnt they stretch into the upper deck?

I've also been told that the alumni have used/bought all of their group allotment (or something to this effect, not sure how it works) and are now are just buying seasons or 3 game packs instead of resale because its its cheaper.

what makes you think clemson wont use all its allotment?

My sense is that their traveling fanbase has been dwindling each time - huge in 2013, much smaller in 2015, tough to judge in 2017 (Friday night) and there'll be less appeal for an early September game, since a lot of them like to make a fall vacation to the Northeast (leaf-peeping, etc.) but might not do so at a time when the weather in Syracuse is more or less exactly like it is back in South Carolina (green and warm).

But who knows, maybe they'll be more excited about a Game Day event between two teams who've been evenly matched in the last couple games.

All of it is semantics at this point.

Come September 14, given we are 2-0, it will be the toughest ticket to get in a long, long time.

EDITORS NOTE: I was able to get two tickets to the Miami game in 1998 pretty easily for face value, as a senior in high school courtesy of the Syracuse.com message board. I think the likelihood of someone getting a ticket face value a week before the game for this one is a lot less likely, if we are 2-0 and look decent.

We'll still get the sob stories posted on the board with people begging for tickets

We'll still get the sob stories posted on the board with people begging for tickets
I may one of those people lol! My grandfather thinks it’s dumb to buy tickets this early and that we will find 2 on ticketmaster a week or two before

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DizzyNY

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom