Clemson ticket sales at the moment. | Page 32 | Syracusefan.com

Clemson ticket sales at the moment.

you do mean marrone minny game right?
Or he intended to say, "the walk out crowd for the GRob <insert any opponents name sans Louisville> game."

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

UPDATE:

1ST - 15
2ND- 427
3RD- 1,360

96% Capacity

This is with some alternating rows that I think they are leaving out. I think we should be able to have 48k in there tomorrow though after the walk up and seats not shown.

It will sell out...nicely done!

SELLOUT OR BUST!!! I said this 2 weeks ago when people were talking about hoping for 45k. C'mon. 45K is for the Boston College's of the world. Clemson, Florida State, VT, Miami...now that opponents with cache out the ying yang are back on the schedule, it's SELLOUT OR BUST for games like this!

I believe all available tickets, there are still about 2500 left. But, we don't have to sell out to look sold out. The one and only advantage to having bleacher type seats is that you only need to sell 9 of every 10 seats to fill the 10 seats. We have very little room for each seat and when every seat is used, it's like sardines. People spread out when there is an empty seat and it is not noticeable at all. As long as there aren't large chunks of unsold seats and if SU released tickets properly, we could look sold out with less than 49200.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

People arrive fine. It's a mess getting to the dome, it's a mess tailgating all over creation including places where you have to shuttle to the dome, and it's a mess getting in with the long lines due to waning people.

It's really dumb to have students enter Gate E. They should move them to a different gate. That corner near the quad has so many people coming in. It always gets congested.

I believe all available tickets, there are still about 2500 left. But, we don't have to sell out to look sold out. The one and only advantage to having bleacher type seats is that you only need to sell 9 of every 10 seats to fill the 10 seats. We have very little room for each seat and when every seat is used, it's like sardines. People spread out when there is an empty seat and it is not noticeable at all. As long as there aren't large chunks of unsold seats and if SU released tickets properly, we could look sold out with less than 49200.

And that is when they need to just announce it as a sellout anyway. It's funny how I've been to early season hoops games announced at like 18k when there's nowhere near that there....but they seem to want to keep that stupid "the last time we sold out a football game was the opener on 1980" or whatever they say. I was at a lot of those Miami and VT games in the 90's. It was packed. Couldn't see an empty seat anywhere. If you can fudge these half empty games by thousands, they can call those packed houses sellouts.

It would still be best for the program to announce a "true" sellout - at least in tickets sold. Anyway all unsold tickets to 3rd parties need to be reported back by 8 pm Friday night to Dome operations that's why I asked CUSU for an update at 8:30 pm. I would bet we are more like what he reported (great job all week CUSU) - under 2,000 now.

Last edited:
Not sure I would note Preaster and Collier as good recruits. Preaster never made it on campus (on any for football) and Collier never really played. God bless them though.

I don't know why P lost his ability to recruit but money and facilities are a factor. GRob was ok sometimes but the general quality was very poor as evidenced by the house cleaning Marrone did. He's not a dumb, he didn't let go of players he thought were good. I think the facilities issue is not fully addressed until the IPF so Marrone and Shafer were handicapped too. I like the classes those 2 brought in more than GRobs. I love SU players and don't like to speak ill of them, but we had some dead weight...and some of them even played.

Didn't Preaster end up at Temple and the Oakland Raiders?

And wasn't Collier the No. 1 NYS recruit that year?

Didn't Preaster end up at Temple and the Oakland Raiders?

And wasn't Collier the No. 1 NYS recruit that year?

No, Preaster never made it to college for football (I believe he played hoops at Morrisville). You are thinking of Rod Streater, who couldn't get into school here.

Won't be tonight with 2-3,000 tix still left. Need to get under 2k tonight to have a chance with walk ups.
Talked to a person in the Athletic Department tonight and he confirmed 46,000 sold when the box office closed. They could have sold 1400 since then so the latest count may be accurate assuming it includes the unsold seats in the top rows of 312 and 313 which I assume are from Empower. They should go quick since they are discounted to $15.

With the box office opening at 9:00 and good walk-up we have a shot at a sellout.

The only thing that's killing are chances are the $90 tickets between the 30's in the 300 level. Time to sell every ticket in the building at a discount.

Talked to a person in the Athletic Department tonight and he confirmed 46,000 sold as of this evening. Not sure if more tickets were sold since I spoke to him four hours ago.

Also it looks like they opened quite a few seats in the top rows of 312 and 313 which I assume are from Empower but they should go quick since they are discounted to $15.

With the box office opening at 9:00 and good walk-up we have a shot at a sellout.

The only thing that's killing are chances are the $90 tickets between the 30's in the 300 level.

46k sounds about right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So, biggest crowd since the Notre Dame game? Who plays the part of Walter Reyes and goes for five touchdowns tomorrow? That one ended pretty well, if I recall correctly.

While I agree that comment was absolutely ridiculous and uncalled for, it feels like a life time ago. If they can't see how things have changed in the positive for the most part under TGD, then I have to question there real Syracuse Football passion to begin with.
The guy was a former professional baseball player with a growing family, new house and other expenses. He grew up a die-hard SU football & basketball fan. Just telling you there are people who reacted to the statement in a negative way and didn't like the fact SU chintzed around when it came to football. Some of those folks have budgeted SU football out of their expenses. He did, however, retain his basketball season tickets. That statement was the tipping point for some folks who aren't as die-hard as you, I & others on this board.

Not sure I would note Preaster and Collier as good recruits. Preaster never made it on campus (on any for football) and Collier never really played. God bless them though.

I don't know why P lost his ability to recruit but money and facilities are a factor. GRob was ok sometimes but the general quality was very poor as evidenced by the house cleaning Marrone did. He's not a dumb, he didn't let go of players he thought were good. I think the facilities issue is not fully addressed until the IPF so Marrone and Shafer were handicapped too. I like the classes those 2 brought in more than GRobs. I love SU players and don't like to speak ill of them, but we had some dead weight...and some of them even played.
P's last class that we lost had some pretty impactful players Ray Rice, Courtney Green, PJ Hill, the kid who ended up at one of the Kansas schools, I forget his name.

The guy was a former professional baseball player with a growing family, new house and other expenses. He grew up a die-hard SU football & basketball fan. Just telling you there are people who reacted to the statement in a negative way and didn't like the fact SU chintzed around when it came to football. Some of those folks have budgeted SU football out of their expenses. He did, however, retain his basketball season tickets. That statement was the tipping point for some folks who aren't as die-hard as you, I & others on this board.
I was in Syracuse when Buzz made that statement. It angered me to no end, however I continued to attend every football game until I moved to KC.
That being said I could see where someone that wasn't a died in the wool Orange lunatic like me would choose to spend their entertainment dollar elsewhere.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

re-watching the Syracuse - Tennessee game from 1998, not really sure why I'm torturing my self like this but I cant wait for this game tomorrow and I wanted to watch a classic. In the 4th quarter the announcers start talking about how loud the crowd is and the only thing they have heard that is even close to it is baton rouge on a saturday night. They say the noise is way above the pain threshold and its at least 160 decibals. Man, lets hope the LOUD HOUSE lives up to its billing tomorrow afternoon. I cant wait!!!! Lets Go Orange

That game was my first ever live football game in person. Every other game I have been to has been a disappointment... =P

Tickets no longer available online!

And with only 196 tickets left on stubhub...

Looks and smells like a sellout in the making!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom