Coach Autry moves | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Coach Autry moves

So if Autry is pulling in excellent talent in the portal so far as HC, he was still an assistant under JB. Did JB dictate things that much and put a lid on what the assistants could do and who they could recruit before? Granted last year’s class was pretty good pulled in by the staff. Obviously it’s the HC’s final decision, but the assistants are empowered to make decisions too. Just wondering the difference, although Autry’s tenure has just begun.

Good things this coming year should open the flood gates in future years.

So if Autry is pulling in excellent talent in the portal so far as HC, he was still an assistant under JB. Did JB dictate things that much and put a lid on what the assistants could do and who they could recruit before? Granted last year’s class was pretty good pulled in by the staff. Obviously it’s the HC’s final decision, but the assistants are empowered to make decisions too. Just wondering the difference, although Autry’s tenure has just begun.

People were saying their hands were tied when it came to recruiting and what JB wanted. I think its true because look what’s happening now plus JB not being the coach helps too.

I don't think any of us knew how far we had actually fallen on the recruiting front.

I think that there will come a time -- and it doesn't have to be this close to when the man retired -- when a segment of posters who weren't receptive to what you state will be able to process the 9-year decline and the tangible drop-off in recruiting in proper context, without being afraid to express the root cause out loud.

Isnt it obvious that kids did not want to play Dinoball or play for a Coach that throws players under the bus if they have a bad game.

True Confession - gotta say, I thought we needed to clean house and hire an outsider (however, I did want Red if it was to be an internal hire), and I am thrilled to say Red is proving me WRONG, WRONG, WRONG !!!

It really is amazing how quickly Red has turned around the way top recruits and transfers feel about going Orange.

If he can get these guys to gell...there's no telling how far they can go on the court.
And do it in high gear!

It really is amazing how quickly Red has turned around the way top recruits and transfers feel about going Orange.

If he can get these guys to gell...there's no telling how far they can go on the court.
And do it in high gear!
I'm hoping he's a good game coach because if kids can get this excited when the last time we were truly good was when they were in elementary school, imagine how well Red can recruit after spending significant time in the top 25 and being a respectable seed in the tourney. It'll feel like JB at his prime.

I'm hoping he's a good game coach because if kids can get this excited when the last time we were truly good was when they were in elementary school, imagine how well Red can recruit after spending significant time in the top 25 and being a respectable seed in the tourney. It'll feel like JB at his prime.
He will be a great game coach, but that is not to say there wont be a learning curve.

Guess this kinda fits in this thread

We can call our press the "REDrum Defense"!

James Corden GIF by The Late Late Show with James Corden

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom