Coach Autry moves | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Coach Autry moves

Do you honestly think these guys have forgotten their mission? Come on.
I'm just concerned that AA might subconsciously think - I did it, I'm head coach, I won the race; couple that with a significant pay raise. Hope he comes out with a something to prove, chip on his shoulder attitude this season. All these fluff activities, I mean JB is the one that just retired, not AA.

I'm just concerned that AA might subconsciously think - I did it, I'm head coach, I won the race; couple that with a significant pay raise. Hope he comes out with a something to prove, chip on his shoulder attitude this season. I mean JB is the one that just retired, not AA.
That is silly, you think Red has worked this long to become head coach, only to stop working now?

I'm just concerned that AA might subconsciously think - I did it, I'm head coach, I won the race; couple that with a significant pay raise. Hope he comes out with a something to prove, chip on his shoulder attitude this season. All these fluff activities, I mean JB is the one that just retired, not AA.
Hottest take of the offseason..

You're searching for a negative angle. Either it is trolling or you have been coniditioned to look for the negative through years of subpar effort on JB's behalf.

You're searching for a negative angle. Either it is trolling or you have been coniditioned to look for the negative through years of subpar effort on JB's behalf.
Yeah, it's the end of June, so I guess every other College head coach is doing the same stuff. Just think ACC head coach should be a 12 months out of the year job.

Yeah, it's the end of June, so I guess every other College head coach is doing the same stuff. Just think ACC head coach should be a 12 months out of the year job.
I am not connected to Red, but he has done nothing to indicate that he is not totally focused on the success of Syracuse basketball under his leadership. He has done a great job so far, and he will continue to work his butt off. I understand the worry, but personally, I am not worried. All Red has to prove, at this point is his gameday coaching. And, I can't wait for that. The guy has shown he can build a roster and he does a great job on the PR end. He is building the current Syracuse brand under his regime perfectly. He is a physical presence in NYC, that is a great thing.

I also heard Red has been sleeping at night and taking bathroom breaks to boot. Seriously concerning to be displaying that level of laziness already. Thank goodness you’re on top of this developing problem.

I also heard Red has been sleeping at night and taking bathroom breaks to boot. Seriously concerning to be displaying that level of laziness already. Thank goodness you’re on top of this developing problem.
Everyone knows coaches are only allowed to sleep on the night after a win.

Everyone knows coaches are only allowed to sleep on the night after a win.
Wait… these are former elite level athletes who presumably have done well for themselves in the spouse department. We think they are just going to sleep after wins?

I waited until today to address this as I figured you were just trolling, but now that it appears you are serious...

Throwing out the first ball at the Yankees game - Both K State and Kansas coaches do the same thing here in KC at the Royals games and Bulldog has already addressed they are taking advantage of being in NYC for recruiting and networking. There was a post on twitter showing he was meeting with Legends Socierty donors with WIldhack.

Playing in the JB Golf Classic - Ok so he's supporting his mentor and longtime boss's charitable efforts. It's certainly not a requirement, but I would imagine there are probably a decent number of influential alums that are involved with that and probably not the worst thing in the world to get some face time with them, especially in the new world of NIL. Granted, that's just an assumption on my part, but I think it's a safe one.

Juneteenth parade - That parade lasted from 11 am - 12 pm. Say he had to be there 30 minutes in advance and it takes 30 minutes to get there. We're looking at a few hours there on a Saturday morning.

He was also at a party of SU alums at the PGA Championship in May. I remember there was a photo of him talking with Melo. Again, not a crowd that's probably a bad thing to get involved with as it relates to NIL. Plus, we're involved in recruiting Melo's son.

And this is all coming from someone who wasn't thrilled we were going the assistant route, but I'm also not going to be stupid about criticizing Red about nonsense.

And at this point, I've wasted enough time responding so I will just encourage you to be smarter like you have shown you are capable of in other posts. Show us the value of that 1991 SU degree!

I waited until today to address this as I figured you were just trolling, but now that it appears you are serious...

Throwing out the first ball at the Yankees game - Both K State and Kansas coaches do the same thing here in KC at the Royals games and Bulldog has already addressed they are taking advantage of being in NYC for recruiting and networking. There was a post on twitter showing he was meeting with Legends Socierty donors with WIldhack.

Playing in the JB Golf Classic - Ok so he's supporting his mentor and longtime boss's charitable efforts. It's certainly not a requirement, but I would imagine there are probably a decent number of influential alums that are involved with that and probably not the worst thing in the world to get some face time with them, especially in the new world of NIL. Granted, that's just an assumption on my part, but I think it's a safe one.

Juneteenth parade - That parade lasted from 11 am - 12 pm. Say he had to be there 30 minutes in advance and it takes 30 minutes to get there. We're looking at a few hours there on a Saturday morning.

He was also at a party of SU alums at the PGA Championship in May. I remember there was a photo of him talking with Melo. Again, not a crowd that's probably a bad thing to get involved with as it relates to NIL. Plus, we're involved in recruiting Melo's son.

And this is all coming from someone who wasn't thrilled we were going the assistant route, but I'm also not going to be stupid about criticizing Red about nonsense.

And at this point, I've wasted enough time responding so I will just encourage you to be smarter like you have shown you are capable of in other posts. Show us the value of that 1991 SU degree!
I applaud the length and breadth of you post. Listen, I'm the least connected poster on this board, so I have zero inside knowledge of HCAA. My post was simple speculation based on all the social media on non-basketball activities. I don't believe I stated that this was the situation; I was simply speculating based on perception. But, as with many posts, this forum assumes an absolute statement of fact, rather than speculation. I hate long posts, so I'll just leave it as, I hope AA has that "Eye of the Tiger" mentality when it comes to coaching. And again, my own preference is for radio silence, rather than all this public relations fluffery.

I applaud the length and breadth of you post. Listen, I'm the least connected poster on this board, so I have zero inside knowledge of HCAA. My post was simple speculation based on all the social media on non-basketball activities. I don't believe I stated that this was the situation; I was simply speculating based on perception. But, as with many posts, this forum assumes an absolute statement of fact, rather than speculation. I hate long posts, so I'll just leave it as, I hope AA has that "Eye of the Tiger" mentality when it comes to coaching. And again, my own preference is for radio silence, rather than all this public relations fluffery.

Assume less. Also listen to the radio interviews as the entire staff has spoken to everything they have been doing and that it's non stop.

Assume less. Also listen to the radio interviews as the entire staff has spoken to everything they have been doing and that it's non stop.
I hope you're right about the staff. We'll all find out when we see the level of preparation come the season opener. In Aesop's terms - Are we the ants or the grasshopper?

I hope you're right about the staff. We'll all find out when we see the level of preparation come the season opener. In Aesop's terms - Are we the ants or the grasshopper?
There is definitely an ass.

Isn’t that A Bug’s Life?

I think having our HC throw out the first pitch in fertile recruiting ground is a part of the job. Free publicity. Sucking up to donors is also part of the job.
I'm glad he threw it legit and didn't try a publicity stunt work like 50 Cent and Baba Booey.

It’s okay to admit you were drunk posting. ;)

This comes off as there's nothing to complain about so I need to dig deep and find something because I can't stand all the positivity!

Our recruiting is already 50 times better in the past 3 months than it has been in the past 5 years.

The PR stuff comes with the territory. Have you not been paying attention to recruiting and transfer portal???

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RDembowski

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom